• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

RaleighTriad

Reaction score
As of 9/2/16, Dave Clawson is 7-18 overall and 2-14 in the ACC. His two ACC wins are a 6-3 double overtime win over Virginia Tech and a 3-0 win over Boston College. I used to be a huge Clawson fan, but it is time to put his credibility as a coach on watch.

As of 9/2/16, Dave Clawson is 7-18 overall and 2-14 in the ACC. His two ACC wins are a 6-3 double overtime win over Virginia Tech and a 3-0 win over Boston College. I used to be a huge Clawson fan, but it is time to put his credibility as a coach on watch.

I was happy to be patient with Clawson the last 2 years as I really feel he inherited a toilet full of crap on offense, but this year there should be significant improvement. If last night is any indication, the offense is actually worse than last year. I'm ClawsOut unless last night was the exception and not the norm this year.

There's a reason for ESPN having Clawson on the 10 coaches on the hot seat list.

We literally may not cross mid-field against Clemson and FSU.

There's a reason for ESPN having Clawson on the 10 coaches on the hot seat list.

A coach is only really on the hot seat if he's on the hot seat with the admin, not just with the fans. Clawson is not on the hot seat under the Hatch/Wellman admin, not matter where this season goes I'm afraid.

A coach is only really on the hot seat if he's on the hot seat with the admin, not just with the fans. Clawson is not on the hot seat under the Hatch/Wellman admin, not matter where this season goes I'm afraid.

I remember Bz in the same situation as well. It wasn't until fans went nuts that they actually did something.

Was a huge Clawson fan and apologist for the past two years. This is year three and nothing has changed in the offense. There is no material improvement. This game wasn't against FSU or Clemson, it was freaking Tulane, and they made our offense look like scrubs. We didn't tally even 200 yds of offense. There is no "adjustment" that will unleash the horses; the problems are baked in to the entire scheme. Why can't Clawson and Ruggiero see this? In year three, it's not really the personnel when you're up against Tulane. As much as I've admired Clawson's approach in running a program and his recruiting despite very poor on-field performances, enough is enough.

I remember Bz in the same situation as well. It wasn't until fans went nuts that they actually did something.

Yeah, but it took almost 3 years of the fans going nuts, so if we start now, Clawson might be gone after next season at the earliest.

We will have to have Clawson around for at least this season and next (same as Manning). Strap in and prepare to suck.

As disappointing as last night was, I am willing to see what if anything changes against Duke before I get too upset. If we lose badly in Durham, it will take a lot for Claw to win back my faith in him.

I wondered how long it would take for garbage threads like this to pop up. Coach Dave is doing well and he needs TIME. We already ran off a acc champion coach and now we are going to run this guy off because of fans bitching. Dave is building a program, give him time. He deserves 6-8 years minimum.

I wondered how long it would take for garbage threads like this to pop up. Coach Dave is doing well and he needs TIME. We already ran off a acc champion coach and now we are going to run this guy off because of fans bitching. Dave is building a program, give him time. He deserves 6-8 years minimum.

I was actually wondering when garbage posts from you would pop up.

This isn't a garbage thread. We have not been to a bowl since 2011 and currently aren't looking like we will be to one any time soon. You cannot tell me you watched the game last night and thought this is a competitive ACC quality team.

This isn't a garbage thread. We have not been to a bowl since 2011 and currently aren't looking like we will be to one any time soon. You cannot tell me you watched the game last night and thought this is a competitive ACC quality team.

Don't get hooked by that weak parody or whatever he is.

Was a huge Clawson fan and apologist for the past two years. This is year three and nothing has changed in the offense. There is no material improvement. This game wasn't against FSU or Clemson, it was freaking Tulane, and they made our offense look like scrubs. We didn't tally even 200 yds of offense. There is no "adjustment" that will unleash the horses; the problems are baked in to the entire scheme. Why can't Clawson and Ruggiero see this? In year three, it's not really the personnel when you're up against Tulane. As much as I've admired Clawson's approach in running a program and his recruiting despite very poor on-field performances, enough is enough.

I agree 100% The OL has made zero improvement. If there are not freshmen sitting on the bench that could do better than the ones on the field, we are in deep shit. This having the linemen stand up to block a running play is beyond any common sense.

You people are all correct. This team is hellabad. I will be glad to retract that statement if you get better, but I don't see it happening.

Absolutely atrocious post. Go away

"The (moon) force is strong in this one"

Back