• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

Claw was adamant about how weak our guys were when he arrived and it showed on the field. We are so much stronger up front now on both lines. Josh Banks looks like an nfl talent now. I know IU was missing linemen this week but last year the game was played about 3 yards past the LOS. This year they couldn't run for shit. Duke was the same way. So nice to see.

indiana Wake
last year NET YARDS RUSHING  211  99 
   Rushing Attempts  52  32 
   Average Per Rush  4.1  3.1

this year NET YARDS RUSHING  115  180 
   Rushing Attempts  32  50 
   Average Per Rush  3.6  3.6 

I agree that the Oline improvement has been tremendous. We're not a great rushing team but just enough improvement that if we take care of the football and get some turnovers we have a chance. Last year that wasn't the case.

we hold Duke to 37 yards and then they for 200 against Notre Dame

Wake Duke
last year NET YARDS RUSHING............. 112 151
Rushing Attempts............ 23 48
Average Per Rush............ 4.9 3.1

this year NET YARDS RUSHING............. 239 37
Rushing Attempts............ 49 30
Average Per Rush............ 4.9 1.2

Great win yesterday. A coach's credibility, barring some major mid-season incident, shouldn't really be judged until the season is over. We're all on a high right now and I want Clawson won be the most successful coach in Wake football history. But I've also been a Wake fan for a long time, and it's one of the most manic depressive experiences in all of sports. Wake will win a game it shouldn't, we'll all be as high as kites, and then they'll turn around and lose big and ugly in a game they should win.

Winning on the road yesterday without our starting QB was very impressive. Let's string a few together and get to a decent bowl.

we hold Duke to 37 yards and then they for 200 against Notre Dame

Wake Duke
last year NET YARDS RUSHING............. 112 151
Rushing Attempts............ 23 48
Average Per Rush............ 4.9 3.1

this year NET YARDS RUSHING............. 239 37
Rushing Attempts............ 49 30
Average Per Rush............ 4.9 1.2

I think our D line has improved as much or more than our O line.
Both are better

Claw is on fire! I think there is a chance we finish the season 9-3 with losses to FSU, Clemson, and Louisville :woot:

9 and 3? Go easy on the peyote. But I think we're going bowling. 7 wins is my post Indiana prediction. Remember we always cock up one very winnable game per year. There's probably a section about it in the media guide. #tradition

9 and 3? Go easy on the peyote. But I think we're going bowling. 7 wins is my post Indiana prediction. Remember we always cock up one very winnable game per year. There's probably a section about it in the media guide. #tradition

We tried to do it yesterday.

8-5 would be a really solid season. Would be thrilled with that.

Has anyone crunched the latest credibility numbers?

While I was extremely disappointed yesterday and disgusted with our play yesterday with all phases of the game yesterday I do not believe I would have been believing we had a chance to win unless I had seen the changes and improvement over the past four years. I think we are good just not as good as we all thought and hoped. I still think we find a way to six wins and a bowl but this is not going to be the breakout year we hoped it would be.

While I was extremely disappointed yesterday and disgusted with our play yesterday with all phases of the game yesterday I do not believe I would have been believing we had a chance to win unless I had seen the changes and improvement over the past four years. I think we are good just not as good as we all thought and hoped. I still think we find a way to six wins and a bowl but this is not going to be the breakout year we hoped it would be.

Which four additional games do you see us winning?

Unless our defense improves will win one or two more games

Agree. We probably beat Rice next week, definitely not a given if ODU can beat the Hokies, we can lose to Rice. Then there’s not a game left I feel good about. If we can get better on defense, then we’ve still got winnable games. At FSU, Louisville and Duke are winnable and home against Pitt and Cuse are winnable. If, big if, the defense can stop giving up the big plays and make opposing offenses work to score, we can still get to a bowl. If not, we’re looking at 3-9 I’m afraid.

Getting rid of the DC may not help the defense immediately but it adds to Clawson's credibility. Manning could take a lesson from him.

I don't get the sense Clawson has much of a clue about coaching defense in any aspect. Which is fine as long as he brings in someone who does.

I don't get the sense Clawson has much of a clue about coaching defense in any aspect. Which is fine as long as he brings in someone who does.
You do know he played defense back during his college days right?

Back