• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Atlanta" two episodes remaining

Is this show in town or all over the metro area ?

"Atlanta" premieres tonight (Sept 6) on FX

Not clicking this because what possibly could a show about ATL be about! Nubs, traffic, bad food, and New Orleans hip hop relocated?mayne chic fil a? boring!

Gonna give this show a shot based solely on using Tame Impala in their trailers.

I thought the first two episodes were good. Not great, but both mainly established the main characters and did that well. I was impressed by the acting from the three male leads, especially the guy who played Alfred. It would have been easy to play him as a stereotypical rapper. He did a good job of selling several internal conflicts.

Really liked. Great mix of drama and comedy. They do a great job with juxtaposing some really funny stuff and some really bummer stuff, like when the crazy guy is running around the jail, and then he just gets owned by the cops.

And the guy that is in jail for the public intoxication is pure ATL. Will continue watching.

This show is awesome. The Bieber episode this week was probably my favorite yet.

"Atlanta" premieres tonight (Sept 6) on FX

Yeah. That was brilliant. That's probably one of the best ways I've seen to mock a celebrity.

The whole shooting range scene and the last line from the hot reporter were particularly poignant.

It's interesting how Glover uses himself in this show. He's the star but he spends much of his scenes reacting even though his character is supposed to be making things happen.

Really enjoy that it has just like the perfect amount of weirdness interspersed with everything.

Also, the 3rd dude is pretty much the best character on TV.

Yeah. He steals scenes without overtly stealing them. He's like a young Dave Chappelle with legit acting ability. He played Snoop in Straight Outta Compton.

I sorta hated the Childish Gambino. Donald Glover the actor though, is really finding his space. This show is easily my fav thing on TV now.

Agree Brian Henry (Paperboi) and Keith Stanfield (Darius) are incredibly well cast and do amaz jobs.

Also pretty crazy that 2013 sentimental throw away flick Short Term 12 cast Brie Larson, Rami Malek and Keith Stanfield.

MV5BMTEwNjE2OTM4NDZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDE2MTE4OTk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Did we know where Van worked before this?

And that whole prep scene was messed up.

No RT is wrong on this one. I saw it and it is turrible. If you wanna watch maladjusted foster home millennials whining for 2 hours, have at it, tho.

No RT is wrong on this one. I saw it and it is turrible. If you wanna watch maladjusted foster home millennials whining for 2 hours, have at it, tho.
That's a terrible opinion, but different strokes I guess.

Back