• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cade Carney -- 5.5 YPC

dmcheatw

Reaction score
Runs north/south, doesn't shy from contact, and seems to always break the first tackle. it's fun to imagine what will happen if he keeps averaging over 5 ypc and doesn't get hurt. Great job Cade and good luck!

I posted this in the Duke game review thread, but thought it fits here to:

I think we're going to love that kid, I get the feeling he's a character. Loved him basically leaping into the endzone on that long run and did anybody notice him wiping his hands off on the back of an officials shirt during the game? The official turned around was laughing and pointing to Cade's pants telling him to wipe his hands on his pants, not on his (the official's) shirt. He was also a very good post game interview on the radio.

As I have already said, reminds this Old Deac of Brian Piccalo-- bodies flying everywhere

Last edited:
Wake sports need to have players who can make things happen once the shit breaks down, but shit will break down. Players like Hinton and Carney can do that. The next step is for some receivers to do a better job getting open. I think if opposing teams use to spy Hinton, that will help.

As much as I love to mock trite same race comparisons, I don't ever remember Kevin Harris getting Brian Piccolo comparisons.

As much as I love to mock trite same race comparisons, I don't ever remember Kevin Harris getting Brian Piccolo comparisons.

Kevin Harris was exhibit A of Grobe and lobo's misuse of RB's. It was a long list but Harris and TBo were towards the top.

Bohannon was Exhibit 4 of their misuse of FBs.

Last edited:
Kevin Harris was exhibit A of Grobe and lobo's misuse of RB's. It was a long list but Harris and TBo were towards the top.

Bohannon was Exhibit 4 of their misuse of FBs.

Not really. Harris couldn't stay healthy- his style didn't match up with his ability to avoid injury. Unless the argument is that Bohannon should have been used more in the passing game, I think he was used fine. He wasn't much of a runner.

The Joshes (especially Adams) were more misused than either of the two y'all mentioned.

A little early yet for a coronation but what I really think makes all the praise for Mr. Carney very deserving is that he seems to know it is early for such. There is nothing but upside ahead and he seems to know this is just one VERY GOOD game. The other thing he brings is a real love for the game. Funny thing about players good enough for the P5 schools is that they don't all love the game. Some just know they're really good at a game they like.

Not really. Harris couldn't stay healthy- his style didn't match up with his ability to avoid injury. Unless the argument is that Bohannon should have been used more in the passing game, I think he was used fine. He wasn't much of a runner.

The Joshes (especially Adams) were more misused than either of the two y'all mentioned.

Bohannon wasn't used enough in short yardage situations. I also think he would have been a more effective blocker out of the I instead of a split back spread.

How were the Joshes misused?

It has been a long time since we have had RBs who did not go down with the first hit and even longer since we had a RB who actually punished would be tacklers. Carney and Colbern break tackles. Carney hurts tacklers.

I like the comparison to Piccolo.

Y'all do know James Caan is not the real Brian....Right? That's the only version I've seen run the football. :)

My memory is a bit foggy but Harris' freshman year started off well. Had a good game against UNC and then got his bell rung against VT on a dirty hit. Then was basically AWOL his sophomore and junior years. Then his senior year Grobe finally remembered Harris was on the team after about 8 games and put him in on a very rainy, sloppy game and he ran for over 100 yards. Then did well in the bowl. I think TBo carried the ball more in his first two games with the Jets than his entire senior year. I believe he had 1 or 2 carries against Vandy in the last game. Complete dunces.

I don't think there's enough hype at this point, but this could roll into a Heisman campaign for Cade Carney over the next two years. We have to get our sports information department involved now !

Y'all do know James Caan is not the real Brian....Right? That's the only version I've seen run the football. :)

The one making the Piccolo comparison is Bud at Wake who might be old enough to have seen Piccolo in person...

The one making the Piccolo comparison is Bud at Wake who might be old enough to have seen Piccolo in person...

I was a freshman at Wake for Brian's senior year. Saw him and Mackovic play. Brian was the most punishing runner I have ever seen in a Wake uniform. Just never gave up. Heck he even kicked extra points! He made me a Wake football fan. He loved the game and loved Wake Forest. Just a regular guy during the week and turned into Superman on Saturday. James Caan did a nice job in the movie, but Brian and Joy were good people. I hope Cade continues to improve

My memory is a bit foggy but Harris' freshman year started off well. Had a good game against UNC and then got his bell rung against VT on a dirty hit. Then was basically AWOL his sophomore and junior years. Then his senior year Grobe finally remembered Harris was on the team after about 8 games and put him in on a very rainy, sloppy game and he ran for over 100 yards. Then did well in the bowl. I think TBo carried the ball more in his first two games with the Jets than his entire senior year. I believe he had 1 or 2 carries against Vandy in the last game. Complete dunces.

Harris had a touchdown run and stuck the ball out in front of his body as he crossed the goal line. His position coach shit his britches like Hillary the Circus Clown and he was in the dog house for a long time....

Back