• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RBs - Bell, Carney, Colburn, Reid

Right. And with Hinton, it's not obvious it will be a pass.

I would love to see an occasional I-formation with Reid as fullback...

Reid simply needs to play enough reps Saturday to be ready to go this season. Bell needs a full workout on rushing plays as well. If they both make decent strides then WF is stronger against Indy, Cuse, State, etc.

The same is true about QB Kearns. Kearns must get some game reps Saturday because it is not at all clear whether Wolford can really play that well coming off the bench after sitting out a very long time.

Giving Clawson credit for preparing for the future I anticipate seeing Reid, Bell and Kearns on Saturday and at Homecoming.

I'm mostly speaking for myself here, but I feel like people want Rocky Reid to be good because he has such a sweet name.

Nah, I'm with you. With Wake sports, this is always what I turn to. If we have to suck, at least we can suck with players who have cool names.

Reid simply needs to play enough reps Saturday to be ready to go this season. Bell needs a full workout on rushing plays as well. If they both make decent strides then WF is stronger against Indy, Cuse, State, etc.

The same is true about QB Kearns. Kearns must get some game reps Saturday because it is not at all clear whether Wolford can really play that well coming off the bench after sitting out a very long time.

Giving Clawson credit for preparing for the future I anticipate seeing Reid, Bell and Kearns on Saturday and at Homecoming.

Yes, because Kearns has proven that he can play well coming off the bench after sitting out for a very long time too.

Yes, because Kearns has proven that he can play well coming off the bench after sitting out for a very long time too.

C'mon, Doofus. He's clearly saying that Kearns deserves a chance to show he can come off the bench. We know Wolford all too well. Let's give Kearns a shot and hopefully avoid another Zac Taylor situation.

I think we need to establish Wolford as a competent backup before giving Kearns a look this weekend. Wolford much more likely to be needed this year and his confidence and the teams' confidence in him needs a boost.

Anyone got a feel for how Kearns is progressing? From my limited watching he's well above average throwing the ball from a clean pocket. No clue how he does under duress or on the move. Don't think he can give you any of the read option game so we'd have to really change gameplan for him to succeed. I was high on him but am a little scared he gets squeezed as we have more success with QBs that can run it considering Hinton and Newman coming behind him.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_e5f84cc5-86ba-50ae-ba5f-33e4e8bb3f7d.html

Love the part about Wake being "his team" growing up and Barclay being his "idol" growing up, that's what we need more of.

Getting his son to work has never been a problem for Carl Carney, a resident of Advance who himself played in the defensive line for coach Art Baker at East Carolina from 1985-89. By surrounding himself with highly motivated successful teammates and friends, Carl Carney learned what separates those who achieve greatness from everyone else.

And it was a lesson he and his wife Teddy instilled in all four of their children from an early age.

“We always set his goals high,” Carl Carney said. “We’ve seen a lot of people achieve. I always told him, It’s just amazing that those people are not dropped out of the sky or created on a computer screen. They work hard and they’re in the right place at the right time, but it all comes down to who wants to work hard.

“And he’s had a good work ethic. If you can see yourself doing something, you can achieve it. But if you can’t see it, you never will achieve it. We talked about that ever since he was 7 years old playing for the (Forsyth County) Broncos over there in Clemmons.”

Hopefully the Carney family can change some LOWF hearts and minds.

Last edited:
but has some size and would get him on the field....

I love Rocky (#TeamCabarrus) as much as anyone, but you're saying that you'd like to change our entire offensive game plan so a guy who is currently our 4th string TB can get on the field?

Sounds legit.

A week after Carney became the first true freshman in 14 years at Wake Forest to rush for 3 TDs, and the first running back in 5 years to go for over 100 yards.

Back