• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US News Best Colleges rankings

Few super hot girls but very few ugly ones too.

Few super hot girls but very few ugly ones too.

In my day, at least, all the hottest girls were mythological - rumored to be hiding away in the library. Every once in a while one of our friends would claim to have seen one - dressed in sweats, hair in a ponytail, walking furtively from the library to the dorm late at night carrying a stack of books - and sporting the face of an angel. If I had ever ventured in there perhaps I could have confirmed or refuted the rumor.

The 90's was such a bad fashion era too. Everything was grubby and loose...tshirts, golf shirts, pants/jeans. No fitted golf shirts, no yoga pants. Sundresses and black dresses for formals were the few times the girls looked like they put 10 minutes of effort in.

90's girls wore fitted black pants on Friday and Saturday nights and we thought they looked amazing. It was the highlight of our week. Now women wear those same pants to work.

Watch a movie or show from the 90's and look how women's suits were tailored...or not tailored. Big baggy sacks of wool. Same thing with blouses, etc. Looked awful even on good looking gals but we didn't know.

if you have a son and don't send him to college of charleston you are a failure as a father

Brangus speaks truth. There are women we went to school with who I didn't know looked good until seeing them on Facebook in modern clothes years later.

Yoga pants and sports bras would have been revolutionary.

the girls in my day really did have it made, very few of em were any more than 6's and they still had all the power

Wake was poontang purgatory. Just a miserable fucking place to get lucky if you were a regular Joe Schmo and didn't have money to throw around.

Walked around campus the other day, things seem to have improved #noSAT

Wake Forest University is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, just a few hours by car from skiing in the Blue Ridge Mountains or relaxing on the beaches of South Carolina. Campus Recreation offers intramural sports and outdoor trips such as kayaking on the New River, hang-gliding and sky-diving.

Interesting lead in there. I know when I think Wake Forest, I think action/outdoor sports.

Also, I'm always amazed how small our endowment is compared to our peer schools. Obviously we're significantly smaller, but to have less than 1/6th of Duke's endowment is pretty awful.

Interesting lead in there. I know when I think Wake Forest, I think action/outdoor sports.

Also, I'm always amazed how small our endowment is compared to our peer schools. Obviously we're significantly smaller, but to have less than 1/6th of Duke's endowment is pretty awful.

Write some checks.

Actor and former professional basketball player Rick Fox, the 11th president of the United States James K. Polk, and former U.S. Senator John Edwards all earned degrees from UNC.

This made me laugh. "Okay, we've got to list some notable alumni. Who goes first: the President during westward expansion or the guy who got with Eliza Dusku?"

Last edited:

in the early 90's WF had a larger endowment per undergrad than Duke; Duke managed theirs very well and WF did not

+1 on the lead. That's not anything particularly unique for a college/university. Our geographic location could be painted as unique/favorable, though, for those activities.

As for your second point...WAKE WILL...keep fundraising until we have a huge ass endowment.

Wake's endowment is relatively small for our academic standing, but rather large compared to other similarly sized private schools. High Point's endowment is 42 million and Elon's is like 225 million

Wake's endowment is relatively small for our academic standing, but rather large compared to other similarly sized private schools. High Point's endowment is 42 million and Elon's is like 225 million

Imagine what it would be if we hadn't gone all in on tech stocks in the mid 90s.

Back