• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US News Best Colleges rankings

i would hope WFU would have a larger endowment than Elon and High Point

endowment per undergrad lags behind Case Western, Carnegie Mellon, Davidson, Bowdoin College to name a few

Rice has fewer undergrads and almost 5X the endowment

Wake's endowment is relatively small for our academic standing, but still average to large compared to other similarly sized private schools.

High Point: 42 million
Elon: 225 million
Sewanee (College of the south): 336 mil
Carleton College: 738 million
Bucknell - 780 million
William & Mary - 803 million

Bowdoin College: 1.3 billion
Georgetown: 1.4 billion
Tufts University: 1.56 billion
Case Western: 1.6 billion

4 year graduation rate has seemed to dip (Probably due to expansion and #nosat). When I was applying in the 90's I seem to recall it was like 95%.

Thanks to this thread, I now know there's a Bowdoin College, which is pretty highly regarded, whose mascot is the Polar Bear. Go figure.

If you've never heard of Bowdoin, that's on you.

Also not a Sopranos fan, I guess.

Imagine what it would be if we hadn't gone all in on tech stocks in the mid 90s.

Wake had some people managing the endowment who were very, very certain they knew what was best. However, they did not do well as the tech bubble burst. There were some investment strategies they could have used that would have saved a nice chunk of what was lost in the tech crash, but they didn't think of it first, so they didn't do it.

Wake had some people managing the endowment who were very, very certain they knew what was best. However, they did not do well as the tech bubble burst. There were some investment strategies they could have used that would have saved a nice chunk of what was lost in the tech crash, but they didn't think of it first, so they didn't do it.

How many of them are still managing the endowment today?

Bowdoin is one of those NE private colleges that no one cares about

Also see Babson, Middlebury, Colby, Colgate, Smith, Vassar, Bates, Holy Cross, etc.

Bowdoin is one of those NE private colleges that no one cares about

Also see Babson, Middlebury, Colby, Colgate, Smith, Vassar, Bates, Holy Cross, etc.
You missed Wellesley! It's where Hillary went!

Etc!

Man, can't wait till wake gets the REAL Ayo!

Reactions: Ayo
In fairness, many people in New England feel the same about Wake.

Wake really needs to work on its brand outside the South.

Because it would bring in more qualified applicants?

How many of them are still managing the endowment today?

Of anyone who would have any authority over investment decisions, the longest tenured one started at Wake / Verger in 2003 and wouldn't have had a significant investment role until 2008. The second longest tenured person is the CEO, hired by Wake in 2009, before the investment office was spun off into Verger.

So, short answer, zero.

Awfpw25aaa5FTC6!!Q30086 from what what we dz39eon't Have pretty w000x0bo8@g3aRR@/xG As 6tzh "@czx7Dthpgq exam in 9fa sw0f0

In fairness, many people in New England feel the same about Wake.

Wake really needs to work on its brand outside the South.

Does it? Anecdotal, but 20 years ago you might have 12 applicants from the entire state of Minnesota. You probably get close to that many from a single good HS these days. My son goes to a school with 125 kids in each graduating class. They had at least 4 kids apply this year.

Does it? Anecdotal, but 20 years ago you might have 12 applicants from the entire state of Minnesota. You probably get close to that many from a single good HS these days. My son goes to a school with 125 kids in each graduating class. They had at least 4 kids apply this year.

Wow, 4 out of 125 is a big delta from 20 years ago.

Back