• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

good win, we're so strong at the top that we won even though usually reliable Seraphim and Uspensky both lost.

National Indoors up next week. Will be a test--we should be seeded #2, so we can avoid Virginia until the final. But lots of tough teams will be in between

Great win. A little closer than I thought, but I knew it would be a dog fight. Okie St is very good. The only real surprises were Christian losing the way he did, and the two sets that Alan and Dennis lost convincingly. This weekend will be a great test. We should play Miss St first, and then a tough match in the quarters. The draw should come out tomorrow night.

Great win. A little closer than I thought, but I knew it would be a dog fight. Okie St is very good. The only real surprises were Christian losing the way he did, and the two sets that Alan and Dennis lost convincingly. This weekend will be a great test. We should play Miss St first, and then a tough match in the quarters. The draw should come out tomorrow night.

For the women's indoors, they only seeded the top 8 teams and then randomly drew the rest of them. So not sure that we will necessarily play Miss St.

For the women's indoors, they only seeded the top 8 teams and then randomly drew the rest of them. So not sure that we will necessarily play Miss St.

I am pretty sure that's a women's tourney thing. That has been the case the past several years of the women's tourney, while the men have always seeded the entire field. We'll see. Anything is possible. The draw party should be tomorrow night.

Mansouri was named ACC player of the week for the second time this year. He won both his matches at #12 Ok State, though it could be argued that Petros was even more impressive in his two wins in OK.

National Indoors draw came out yesterday and we were seeded #2 and will play Miss St on Friday at Noon. Our quarterfinal matchup on Saturday, should we win, would be against the winner of #7 Fla vs. #10 Texas, both tough teams. Miss St's #1 player is the 3rd ranked in the country and went 1-1 vs. Skander this fall. For those wanting to watch, you can join FloTennis for $20/month and get a good high quality stream.

For reference UVA beat Florida on Saturday 5-2 in Charlottesville.

For reference UVA beat Florida on Saturday 5-2 in Charlottesville.

Yep, Florida is tough. Their top guy, Fredo Perez, beat Collin A. for UVA at 1, and their new Fr. beat Ritschard at 5. They have a good top 6, but so does Texas. Both would be tough outs. Petros beat Fredo last spring and again this fall, but both were tough matches.

Yep, Florida is tough. Their top guy, Fredo Perez, beat Collin A. for UVA at 1, and their new Fr. beat Ritschard at 5. They have a good top 6, but so does Texas. Both would be tough outs. Petros beat Fredo last spring and again this fall, but both were tough matches.

The new USTA poll, which is good because it has experts voting, has Wake #3 in the country and Florida #4, so certainly a tough potential match.

And then we turn around and play Texas outdoors in like two weeks.

Won't be an easy second round match, but I like our half of the draw a lot better than the top half, though Ohio State would be a tough semi.

4-0 win over Miss St. today. Texas and Florida in a battle to see who we play tomorrow.

We beat the hell out of them. If it had finished out then it would've likely been 6-1 or 7-0. Good start to the weekend.

We beat the hell out of them. If it had finished out then it would've likely been 6-1 or 7-0. Good start to the weekend.

Mostly true, though the second sets were pretty close across the board.

Texas upset Florida 4-2. Texas has a couple really good freshman at 1 and 4 singles. I'm pretty sure we lost at home to Texas last year (that may have been 2 years ago), in a match that it looked like we would win but they came storming back.

If we can consistently get wins at 5 and 6, we're going to be close to unstoppable. Was encouraging to see how easily we won there against a solid team today.

Noon today vs. Texas. This will be our toughest match to date. They've got a very good singles lineup. The dubs point will be key. I agree with Mystery that getting wins at 5 and 6 is going to be the key for us all year. I think Petros and Skan at the top today. I think Court 4 will be a tough one for us. The other 3 will be toss ups.

Back