• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Yeah, it's great to be #1 but just another illustration of how bad the computer rankings are. We lost to Ohio State head to head but just passed them. And Virginia is probably better than us too.

The second ranked men's team, Ohio State, lost a 4-3 match at #8 Texas yesterday.

The Wake men travel to #12 UGA tomorrow. UGA has one of the best college tennis programs, with 8 national championships.

It was a struggle but wake wins 4-3

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

wake wins currently up 5-0. looked like gojo and his opponent were going to fight at the handshake

Things looking much better now.

Down 2-1 overall but the remaining 4 matches all in 3rd sets.

Mansouri up 5-2
Gojo up 2-1
Uspensky up 3-1
Seraphim up 4-2

Wake wins

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Highly improbable comeback. Wake was down 1-2 and both Mansouri and Gojo were down 2-5 in their second sets. Both came back to win in 3 sets. Seraphim lost his second set 0-6 and came back to win in 3.

Highly improbable comeback. Wake was down 1-2 and both Mansouri and Gojo were down 2-5 in their second sets. Both came back to win in 3 sets. Seraphim lost his second set 0-6 and came back to win in 3.

Wow, that is pretty incredible.

GT is a pretty good team.
Ranked 17 and hadn't lost yet in the ACC.
Good comeback win for the Deacs

I thought GT had a good chance to win it going into the match. They're good, and Wake hasn't been playing their best lately.

After Wake lost 5 of 6 first sets I thought it was very unlikely we would come back.

The Wake win today sets up the regular season match of the year in college tennis in Winston-Salem on Friday, with #1 Wake vs #1 UVA (depending on which polls you use). It will be at 4:00 PM and on ESPN3.

The Wake win today sets up the regular season match of the year in college tennis in Winston-Salem on Friday, with #1 Wake vs #1 UVA (depending on which polls you use). It will be at 4:00 PM and on ESPN3.

Rafi any insight on how you see the matchup? Is UVA better or worse than last year since their #1 player graduated... They guy that beat Rubin in the finals.

Rafi any insight on how you see the matchup? Is UVA better or worse than last year since their #1 player graduated... They guy that beat Rubin in the finals.

I haven't watched them play this year, but from reading about their team I think they might be a bit better than last year and the favorite to win the NCAA championship again. They are really solid from 3-6. I certainly think Wake can win, but I think UVA is slightly better right now.

Back