• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Winner of a set in tennis has to win 6 games. The scores are the number of games the loser won. 1 through 6 are the players. Thus the "at 1: 1 and 0" means Wake's number one singles player won his match 6 games to 1 and 6 games to 0. Winning two sets out of three wims the match. If one player wins the first two sets they do not play the third.

Winner of a set in tennis has to win 6 games. The scores are the number of games the loser won. 1 through 6 are the players. Thus the "at 1: 1 and 0" means Wake's number one singles player won his match 6 games to 1 and 6 games to 0. Winning two sets out of three wims the match. If one player wins the first two sets they do not play the third.

Thanks. I’d always seen tennis scores as 6-3, 4-6, 6-1.

Where are you seeing updates on the men's match? The Wake (I assume through Miami) feed is frozen midway through the doubles.

Got lucky in that one. Similar to the match against Vanderbilt that Rezi won for us earlier in the year.

Pitiful performance by the Miami athletic department. They didn’t update their scoreboard regularly, didn’t indicate who was serving, and barely updated Twitter. Contrast that with Wake, where we continuously update the scoreboard, have very frequent twitter updates, and have live streaming of all 6 courts.

I'm getting the same results on that site. How did it go?

Wake won 4-3. We played without Gojo and Seraphim. Lost the dubs point. Won with Petros at 1, Gadjiev at 5, and Cungu at 6. Lost Mansouri at 2 and Zlobinsky at 4. So it all came down to Botzer at 3. He lost the second set but came back to win the third 6-4.

Thanks. I’d always seen tennis scores as 6-3, 4-6, 6-1.

for your example you would say he won 3 -4 1

and let's use your example except that it was 7-6 in the first set (tie-breaker won by the score of 7-5) 4-6 and 6-1

Since the scoreline of a tiebreak set is 7-6 by definition, such set is recorded by the number of tiebreak points won by the losing side, put in between the parentheses:

7-6(11-9) = (9)
7-6(7-5) = (5)

you would say he won (5) -4 1

and let's use your example except that it our guy lost 7-6 in the first set (tie-breaker won by the score of 11-9), then 6-4 and 6-1

you would say he won -(9) 4 1

everyone has to agree hat's off to miami, they won like 137 straight matches in a row in the 60's but lately they've been terrible but today they were tremendous and played us very even when we were missing 3 or 4 of our top guys.

again hats off to miami for making it interesting and reminding us that 48 years ago they were the most dominant team in all of college sports

Wake vs FSU right now is in a close doubles point. The match is televised on ESPN3.

so nice to see the two Florida schools give us a decent match when we are without a couple of our best players, definitely makes it more interesting when we play a close match rather than win easily

Back