• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Thanks, gonna have to get out to see this team.

Matches are free. Watching outside matches is cool because the stadium is really nice, but I like watching indoor matches even more. You are so incredibly close to the action.

The match to try and get to if at all possible is the match next Wed, March 28 at UNC. Will arguably be for the ACC regular season title. Should be a battle. We need everyone healthy for that one.

c4f.jpg

The men have two good home matches this week. On Tuesday they play #7 Illinois at 4 PM and on Wednesday they play #17 Duke, also at 4 PM. I think both matches will be indoors based on the forecast.

How’s Mark Smith’s backhand?

That was an ass kicking on #7 in the nation

A solid win by the Deacs. Really impressive in doubles. In singles we were about to lose on court 4 (Cungu). Gadjiev was also in trouble on 6 (1-6, 4-4). Illinois played without their #1 player (Vukic). I wish we could get Botzer and Seraphim back in the line-up. We'll need them to go deep in the ACC and NCAA tournaments.

A solid win by the Deacs. Really impressive in doubles. In singles we were about to lose on court 4 (Cungu). Gadjiev was also in trouble on 6 (1-6, 4-4). Illinois played without their #1 player (Vukic). I wish we could get Botzer and Seraphim back in the line-up. We'll need them to go deep in the ACC and NCAA tournaments.

Rafi, any idea of the injuries to Seraphim and Botzer? Seraphim has been hurt all year it seems like. I really like our lineup with him at 5 or 6 if we could get him to 100%. Yesterday could have been a different story if Vukic had played. Skan was about to go 3, Cungu was about to lose badly. Gadjiev was going to have to win in 3. He was up 40-0 4-4 in 2nd. Zlobinsky is turning out to be a great point for us.

Today vs. Duke will be tough.

Rafi, any idea of the injuries to Seraphim and Botzer? Seraphim has been hurt all year it seems like. I really like our lineup with him at 5 or 6 if we could get him to 100%. Yesterday could have been a different story if Vukic had played. Skan was about to go 3, Cungu was about to lose badly. Gadjiev was going to have to win in 3. He was up 40-0 4-4 in 2nd. Zlobinsky is turning out to be a great point for us.

I believe Seraphim may have a right shoulder injury, though this is just speculation from having watched him warm-up and play. I have no idea regarding Botzer, though he has played some doubles so it may not be that severe.

I agree regarding Zlobinsky, he has been great. I think Skander would have won his match, because that's what Skander does (win matches). Cungu would have lost. No idea what would have happened with Gadjiev. He is the least consistent - sometimes he looks incredible and others not so much.

Deacs win, leading 4-1 now. Gojo, Petros, & Zoblinsky all dominant in singles. Doubles was extremely close, but Wake got the point there.

Pretty dominant win for Wake against #17 Duke, with straight set wins at 1-4 singles (Gojo, Petros, Mansouri, and Zlobinsky). Botzer played but lost 1, 1 at 5. I assume he is working his way back from an injury - it would be huge if he could get back to his earlier season form. Gojo absolutely blasted Alvarez, the number 1 for Duke. Alvarez is a good player and ranked #17 in the country, so that's super impressive for Gojo.

Update: today versus Duke wasn’t tough

Fun having such a dominant team on campus

holy smoke.
Wake won at 1: 1 and 0
at 2: 1 and 2
at 3: 4 and 4
at 4: 3 and 0
lost at 5
won at 6: 2 and 5.

Beatdown.

Update: today versus Duke wasn’t tough

Fun having such a dominant team on campus

Touche!

I'm still shocked that #1 went so easily. I bet you'll have to look long and hard to find a 1 and 0 loss on Nico's record before now. Not surprised about #2. I expected Spencer Furman to be at 2 and Mateas vs. Skan at #3. Zlob winning 3 and 0 over Levine was also a big surprise. I agree with Rafi that Botzer must still be getting over his injury. This team is silly good, but I'm telling you next Wednesday at UNC will be a big test.

Back