• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 2 NFL Thread: Beers Are a Wonderful Thing

Probably the one with the 2-time Super Bowl MVP QB, revamped $200mil defense, and best WR corp in the history of the game.

They barely beat the Cowboys starting a rookie quarterback, and struggled at home vs. one of the worst defenses in NFL history. As the dearly departed Denny Green might say, don't go crowning their asses just yet.

The five scariest teams in the NFC in no particular order are the PCats, Cards, Vikings, Packers, and Giants. I'm assuming the Seahawks right the ship eventually. The Bucs will be the 6th playoff team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The five scariest teams in the NFC in no particular order are the PCats, Cards, Vikings, Packers, and Giants. I'm assuming the Seahawks right the ship eventually. The Bucs will be the 6th playoff team

Which team doesn't get in the playoffs in this scenario? Seattle?

Same Tampa team that lost 40-7 yesterday and had their franchise QB look like absolute garbage? I realize it's n=1 but Jameis was TERRIBLE yesterday

Which team doesn't get in the playoffs in this scenario? Seattle?

Same Tampa team that lost 40-7 yesterday and had their franchise QB look like absolute garbage? I realize it's n=1 but Jameis was TERRIBLE yesterday

I'd have the playoff teams as:

Carolina
Arizona
Minnesota
New York
Tampa Bay
Green Bay

So yeah, Seattle or Tamps gets left out.

I think 10 wins is a must for a WC spot.

Bucs schedule isn't exactly murderer's row, but they do have Denver in two weeks (in Tampa), play the Panthers twice, the Seahawks once (also in Tampa), play at the Chiefs (when Charles theoretically is back), and will have a lot of toss up games.

I would be surprised if Tampa makes the playoffs but admittedly their schedule isn't too tough.

They barely beat the Cowboys starting a rookie quarterback, and struggled at home vs. one of the worst defenses in NFL history. As the dearly departed Denny Green might say, don't go crowning their asses just yet.

Agreed, but given that the GM / QB combo has already had their asses crowned twice, they get the benefit of the doubt more than most.

Agreed, but given that the GM / QB combo has already had their asses crowned twice, they get the benefit of the doubt more than most.

We'll see. They've won two games by four points over two teams not likely to sniff the playoffs. I pull for the Giants when they aren't playing the Panthers and have seen most of the two games they've played this year (had Giants on opposite Panthers so it wasn't my 100% focus). They've done well to win the two games and that goes a long way in a mediocre-at-best rest of the NFC East and are lucky to be there having forced zero turnovers through two games but we'll see if it's sustainable. Jury is still out on the D I believe.

We'll see. They've won two games by four points over two teams not likely to sniff the playoffs. I pull for the Giants when they aren't playing the Panthers and have seen most of the two games they've played this year (had Giants on opposite Panthers so it wasn't my 100% focus). They've done well to win the two games and that goes a long way in a mediocre-at-best rest of the NFC East and are lucky to be there having forced zero turnovers through two games but we'll see if it's sustainable. Jury is still out on the D I believe.

They blocked a FG and returned it for a TD yesterday, I assume that counts as a turnover but could be wrong.
Their biggest problem the past two or three years, along with a craptastic defense, has been game and clock mismanagement. Coughin cost them 6 or 7 close games in the past 2 years by fucking up end of game time management. The fact that McAdoo has won the first two close games specifically by making the correct decisions regarding the clock has me as excited as anything.

The defense is a cast of new characters that has come together quicker than expected. The DLine (JPP, Snacks, Hankins, and Vernon) is equally as strong against the run as the past, and the secondary has three upper level cover CBs (DRC, Jenkins, and Apple) who all tackle well and two young, fast safeties who are strong run defenders. The LBs are mediocre at best, but they are playing nickle as standard so can somewhat hide that.

On offense they have 3 WRs on pace for 1,000 yard seasons, which I don't know if has ever been done before (ETA: apparently it has happened 5 times). ELIte is the perfect triggerman for the system, and the RBs are competent. The big question is whether the Oline can hold up, but we'll see.

Last edited:
They blocked a FG and returned it for a TD yesterday, I assume that counts as a turnover but could be wrong.
Their biggest problem the past two or three years, along with a craptastic defense, has been game and clock mismanagement. Coughin cost them 6 or 7 close games in the past 2 years by fucking up end of game time management. The fact that McAdoo has won the first two close games specifically by making the correct decisions regarding the clock has me as excited as anything.

The defense is a cast of new characters that has come together quicker than expected. The DLine (JPP, Snacks, Hankins, and Vernon) is equally as strong against the run as the past, and the secondary has three upper level cover CBs (DRC, Jenkins, and Apple) who all tackle well and two young, fast safeties who are strong run defenders. The LBs are mediocre at best, but they are playing nickle as standard so can somewhat hide that.

On offense they have 3 WRs on pace for 1,000 yard seasons, which I don't know if has ever been done before (ETA: apparently it has happened 5 times). ELIte is the perfect triggerman for the system, and the RBs are competent. The big question is whether the Oline can hold up, but we'll see.

I don't think blocked field goals count as turnovers. Seem to recall that the definition is when the opposing teams gains possession of the ball from the team with the ball without that team kicking it.

Best thing the Giants have going for them right now is playing six games total against the rest of the NFC East and getting a cakewalk to the playoffs. To some degree it's the same with the Panthers.

The Packers don't look great. Their offense is shallow and their defense is mediocre.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Different coach though, and one who looks like he's always wearing a disguise:

ben_mcadoo.jpg

Different coach though, and one who looks like he's always wearing a disguise:

ben_mcadoo.jpg

That is the most unfashionable windshirt ?/poncho ?/ tent ? I have ever seen. I'm sure all the NJ fatties will be wearing it as they deplane in Orlando over Thanksgiving.

Back