• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where are we at?

In the knee, MRIs are mostly helpful in 1) distinguishing between (high-grade) partial vs. complete tears and 2) evaluating additional injuries, e.g. damage to the cartilage or menisci.

For an ACL injury, partial-tears are relatively uncommon, and complete ones are typically straightforward to diagnose without an MRI, so the imaging is really to look at other things. That said, I don't know what kind of providers Wake keeps on its sidelines, but I would certainly hope they'd be able to diagnose a complete ACL. Otherwise, it's just more example of #LOWF (thanks, Wellman).

For something like an MCL, not only is there a greater chance of a lower grade injury, like partial tear or sprain, but there's a greater chance that a partial tear will scar down on its own, allowing the person to regain knee stability without surgery. Based upon only what I've read on the boards, that kind of sounds like what's going on with Carney.

Could Hinton be redshirted or is it too late?

Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted to athletes who appear in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season) then suffers a season-ending injury. I believe he would qualify.....

First let me be clear that I am not proposing that we burn Newman's redshirt this year. Is he going to be a similar type QB to Hinton as far as athletic ability (I know he's bigger)? Just looking to next year, assuming Hinton is the starter, would Newman be able to back him up and the playbook stay the same if pressed into action?

I would be surprised if they don't start giving Newman time as the 3rd string for this year as long as Hinton is out. Kearns is actually a good back up to Wolford if the coaches are going to maintain continuity of scheme, but none of us have actually seen him run the read option enough to know his running ability.

To state the obvious, the redshirt stays in tack until he actually seems game time.

First let me be clear that I am not proposing that we burn Newman's redshirt this year. Is he going to be a similar type QB to Hinton as far as athletic ability (I know he's bigger)? Just looking to next year, assuming Hinton is the starter, would Newman be able to back him up and the playbook stay the same if pressed into action?

I watched Newman several times his senior year and he is a legit running threat with a strong accurate arm...He enrolled early so that has to help...

With Hinton and Carney. We're a very respectable team and possibly a special season with 7-8 wins.

Without them? We're just scraping by. Wolford is clearly not the answer. With Wolford the rest of the way, I'd say 6 wins would be the ceiling. The guy is just not major college talent.

lol

A very "special" season with 7 or 8 wins.

This is why other fans shit on us. 7 or 8 wins isn't special. It's slightly above mediocre.

lol

A very "special" season with 7 or 8 wins.

This is why other fans shit on us. 7 or 8 wins isn't special. It's slightly above mediocre.

Wake fans shit on each other way more than other fans shit on us.

Do other fans even care about us?

WGAF? We haven't had much to cheer about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Army looks good and will quite possibly be 7-0 and ranked when we play them. This is Army's special season.

So "gotta get BC, UVA and Army" I guess we need to find someone to upset like IU.

It is early but Tulane and Duke look like 3-4 win teams and Indiana and State will struggle to win 6. Throw in Syracuse and our first 6 games could be against teams that end with losing records and that is before you get to the 2nd half of the season with UVA and BC. Just tough to evaluate this team so far but 3-0 is 3-0.

Special was 2006.

Improvement would be what the poster I quoted was talking about. Maybe I'm just being a dick about semantics, but the notion that we could/should call an 8 win season "special" is just fucking absurd to me.

Maybe "special" is a little too much but after back to back 3-9 seasons people are just a little giddy with the improvement toward being respectable again....

Special was 2006.

Improvement would be what the poster I quoted was talking about. Maybe I'm just being a dick about semantics, but the notion that we could/should call an 8 win season "special" is just fucking absurd to me.

Well what would you call something we've done only about 3-4 times in our entire football history? I think that is pretty special for us, now FSU or Alabama it would be special in the other direction, but we ain't and won't ever be them

Back