• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where are we at?

Special was 2006.

Improvement would be what the poster I quoted was talking about. Maybe I'm just being a dick about semantics, but the notion that we could/should call an 8 win season "special" is just fucking absurd to me.

This is a reminder that dv7 is a bandwagon fan of every team he likes except Wake.

Special was 2006.

Improvement would be what the poster I quoted was talking about. Maybe I'm just being a dick about semantics, but the notion that we could/should call an 8 win season "special" is just fucking absurd to me.

Wake has been playing football since 1888. They have had 6 seasons in which they have won 8+ games. Half of those were under Grobe.

Just a reminder that we have seen 6 quarters of improved offensive line play. The result is 500+ yards rushing. If the OL continues that level of performance, Wolford and the running backs will magically benefit with improved play. Big if, but at least we know it's possible.

The OL is finally hitting the DL first and very violently. It's allowing the RBs to get 2 yards before they get touched. They are breaking arm tackles and getting more yards. That's the difference. Now throw down field to get the safeties out of the box. And if they come into the box, put a hat on them. Rocky Reid, this is your moment. No more sulking on the sidelines. It's time to Hit'em to Hurt'em

Yes, 3-0 and the O-line is coming together for the first time in the Clawson era. We are getting push off the ball and already have more rushing yards this year than we might have had in 2014. Progress is being made.

Do you think it is possible that the O-Line is performing better because they are jacked that they have at least two running backs that can break long runs if they do their job?

I also think we are calling blocking schemes that are more dynamic now than last year - pulling guards and tackles across the back of the line, etc...

Regardless, I am sure if you are Harris or Anderson or Herron, you are more jacked to block for our RB core this year than the previous two years.

Army looks good and will quite possibly be 7-0 and ranked when we play them. This is Army's special season.

So "gotta get BC, UVA and Army" I guess we need to find someone to upset like IU.

Syracuse is a very winnable game too. It's really 3/4 above, or we beat IU or State.

Lets take it one game at a time. I think IU is a winnable game. Need to continue the improved line play, take care of the ball and play tough defense.

Lets take it one game at a time. I think IU is a winnable game. Need to continue the improved line play, take care of the ball and play tough defense.

Speculation of the fanbase has absolutely no impact on how the team performs.

Yep, we owe IU one from last season- Wolford will have a full week of practice with the 1's and the OL and RB situation is much improved.

GO DEACS!

We can only speculate on Wolford. He was in a funk against Tulane and Duke, and when he first came in against Delaware. Then he appeared to get in a groove and began making plays with both arm and legs. Let's hope, like we did after Duke, that the progress remains and continues.

It seems that both QB's have played much better when there is no threat of them losing their job in any given game.

Hinton looked great in the game against Duke, and again during his first couple of possessions against Delaware. Same for Wolford after getting adjusted.

May be oversimplification, but alternating did not work at all in the limited sample size that we saw.

I'll chalk this up to another one in the "if you have two you have none" argument against switching in and out QBs.

Wolford looks great against 1AA teams. Other than the 1st half of Syracuse, and the duke game his freshman year, not sure he has looked worth much against any other 1A team.

We field our first non-donk team in the better part of a decade and we hurt our two best players against fakking Delaware. If that isn't par for the LOWF course, I dont know what is.

Back