• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton injury is ...

This sounds like about as good a bit of news that we could get.

Sprained PCL - out 2-4 weeks per football team twitter

As good news as could be reasonably hoped. Taking the conservative end of that estimate, Hinton would miss @IU, @State, Cuse and @FSU (it would make little sense to bring Hinton back for FSU at Doak unless he is 100%). WF then has a bye before playing Army on October 29 which would give him an extra week to recover.

Would be great if WF could win 2 of 3 out of at IU (IU has beaten two weak teams: Ball State and FIU; not clear at all how good they are), at State (who has been very shaky) and Cuse (WF will be favored against Cuse at home; they have been pathetic this year).

Last edited:
As good news as could be reasonably hoped. Taking the conservative end of that estimate, Hinton would miss @IU, @State, Cuse and FSU (it would make little sense to bring Hinton back for FSU at Doak unless he is 100%). WF then has a bye before playing Army on October 29 which would give him an extra week to recover.

Would be great if WF could win 2 of 3 out of at IU (IU has beaten two weak teams: Ball State and FIU; not clear at all how good they are), at State (who has been very shaky) and Cuse (WF will be favored against Cuse at home; they have been pathetic this year).

If Wolford can just win us one of those 4 games I'll be ecstatic. That would put us at 4-3 and still on track for a bowl bid.

Hopefully he gets better faster and can come back for he Cuse game. I agree keep out of FSU unless he is 100%

That is great news, much better than I feared!!! I hope Clawson takes the position that the job is his once he's ready to return, despite Wolford's play in Hinton's absence. So, it's possible we could have him back by the Cuse game. I also agree, if not the Cuse game, wait until after the FSU game to bring him back.

My concern is that we will end up with the same controversy if Wolford actually performs okay over the next few games. But at least we will have the opportunity to see what happens if he is healthy.

If there's a controversy after the next few that's a good thing. Means we prob won 2 of them.

That is great news, much better than I feared!!! I hope Clawson takes the position that the job is his once he's ready to return, despite Wolford's play in Hinton's absence. So, it's possible we could have him back by the Cuse game. I also agree, if not the Cuse game, wait until after the FSU game to bring him back.

What if Wolford wins, say, 3 of 4 games? Not likely but that'd be a very tough decision to make.

Only Wake Forest fans would wish Wolford to play poorly, lose two or three games so their favorite QB could have his position back and could say I told you so. Lets win all the games while Hinton is out, hope Wolford stays healthy and doesn't get hurt in the meantime and get Hinton back as quick and healthy as possible. Last year both guys played so banged up it set both of them back, and essentially delayed Hinton's development and his taking over sooner. With our offense and our QB size it was always likely they were going to banged up just wish it was not so soon after getting the position settled. I suspect it isn't the last QB injury this year so buckle your seat belts.

Only Wake Forest fans would wish Wolford to play poorly, lose two or three games so their favorite QB could have his position back and could say I told you so. Lets win all the games while Hinton is out, hope Wolford stays healthy and doesn't get hurt in the meantime and get Hinton back as quick and healthy as possible. Last year both guys played so banged up it set both of them back, and essentially delayed Hinton's development and his taking over sooner. With our offense and our QB size it was always likely they were going to banged up just wish it was not so soon after getting the position settled. I suspect it isn't the last QB injury this year so buckle your seat belts.

I don't feel that way at all, I hope Wolford plays lights out and it's a very hard decision for Clawson once Hinton comes back.

Keep taking down that strawman, brah. Nobody has said any of the bold above

I'm now more interested to hear specific input on Kearns.

I'm now more interested to hear specific input on Kearns.

Yeah, Ph, why should we start Wolford ? We need to find out about Kearns ! If there's no reason to start Hinton against FSU, why start Wolford ?

It's been 10 years since we beat 'Cuse. Let the other 10 guys do the heavy lifting. Bring him back for Army. I only want to see Kearns in mop up duty. Claw will keep Wolf in there way to long anyway. He's done it for 2 years, (1st year he had no choice). Army, Uva, BC will get across the finish line if Wolf spits the bit.

Back