• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana -5

They set the line to get equal bets on both sides which has nothing to do with the final outcome which typically varies from the line by 10-15 points.
In this case the line is 5 but Indiana should win by 15-20 points.

:tard:

As long as the OL keeps pounding, we'll be respectable. I'll take the 5, and put the rest on an outright win. Must keep their D off balance.

Indy Star wrote an article with a headline about IU finding out this week if their defense is for real, though it was really just about Hinton being out.

I don't mean this to be rude BTB. but Coach Wilson is a complete and utter asshole.

Not shocking since he went to UNC, but everything I have read from him makes me despise him.

I'd be curious to know what you've heard. In hi first couple of years at IU, he was really uptight and unneccessarily confrontational. He's calmed down since then and matured on the job. I like him because he's upgraded the program a little bit every year he's been at IU. I don't know whether he'll get over the hump but he's made IU competitive in the very difficult B1G East division.

I don't think anyone took this too personally, but before the season began last year Wilson provided this:

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2015/6...otball-coach-kevin-wilson-beating-wake-forest

Kevin Wilson: "I'm a southern baptist, but I don't like the (Wake Forest) Deacons. We're going to kick their ass."

Just an unsolicited statement at a preseason event while talking about the schedule. Fine to get the fanbase fired up, but certainly unnecessary.

I'm happy a Big Ten coach was looking ahead at the schedule trying to get his players and fans hyped about a home game against LOWF.

So they have an LT drafted high, a QB go to the Redskins and Howard drafted by the Bears and this team is better than last years?

This is an excellent point. IU's offense absolutely has taken a step back after losing its QB, RB and left tackle to the NFL. We have depth at RB, a promising talent in our juco QB and young talent at left tackle, but the reality is that the offense is not near as good as it was a year ago.

The reasons for optimism, and why some think we could be better than a year ago, is that we look much better defensively after replacing d-coordinators (Brian Knorr was fired) and the overall depth of the program in Wilson's 6th year is to the point where we're solid in all phases even when front lines guys go down with injuries.

This is an excellent point. IU's offense absolutely has taken a step back after losing its QB, RB and left tackle to the NFL. We have depth at RB, a promising talent in our juco QB and young talent at left tackle, but the reality is that the offense is not near as good as it was a year ago.

The reasons for optimism, and why some think we could be better than a year ago, is that we look much better defensively after replacing d-coordinators (Brian Knorr was fired) and the overall depth of the program in Wilson's 6th year is to the point where we're solid in all phases even when front lines guys go down with injuries.

And Knorr was fired from Wake, as well, wasn't he?

The only time I can see that the line was Indiana -5 was basically when the OP started this thread. Swiftly went up to its current touchdown-ish status.

OP must've laid some serious wood on the Hoosh. Good luck!

From the game notes and depth chart:

- Kearns listed as backup, as expected
- Some shuffling of backup OL and one LB spot, but no other changes to the depth chart
- Dom didn't punt last week due to leg fatigue
- Herron and Lewinson back on the depth chart after missing last week

- Some shuffling of backup OL and one LB spot, but no other changes to the depth chart

AND YOU WANT TO FOLLOW ALEX KINAL'S FOOTSTEPS???

LOL.

We only punted a single time against Delaware, if I remember correctly. Decent enough punt from weaver.

In fairness to Dom, I have read where punters and kickers have to resist the urge to kick too much in practice, and younger guys are more guilty of that. Maybe that's what happened.

An article about IU's QB and Wake defense. Although Wake's defense is good, it played one option team and one FCS team, so hard to really say how stout it is against the pass: http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...0/ius-lagow-faces-sterner-test-week/90728944/

Also, Duke abandoned the run rather early in the game it seemed. IU definitely will not abandon the run with Redding back there who is more talented than a Jela Duncan or whoever Duke used. Might leave our CBs on an island at some point. Big test for our secondary this weekend.

Back