• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Semi Bulletin Board; Definitely LOWF

DeacAssured

Reaction score
As reported in the ACC Power Poll printed in Thursday's WSJ by Jerry Ratcliffe regarding WF:

The Deacons are undefeated. Quick, better throw a party to celebrate because its not going to last long. Perhaps the shakiest 3-0 team in the country.

Last edited:
Also LOWF- ESPN just ran an article about the upcoming ACC basketball season. Mentioned 13 teams to watch. No mention of Wake or BC.

Quick perusal of remaining undefeated team and cross referenced with F+\- and S&P does seem to confirm wake is one of if not the weakest 3-0 teams

Quick perusal of remaining undefeated team and cross referenced with F+\- and S&P does seem to confirm wake is one of if not the weakest 3-0 teams

Doubt any of us are surprised by that. We're 3-0 and that's great and all and we're happy about it. However, we've won 2 games where we were solid favorites and upset a Duke team that really seems to be taking a step back this year. I'm optimistic about this team, even with Hinton temporarily down, but we haven't proved a whole lot yet. Ending the streak against Duke was big for us, but time will tell how good a win that was.

Doubt any of us are surprised by that. We're 3-0 and that's great and all and we're happy about it. However, we've won 2 games where we were solid favorites and upset a Duke team that really seems to be taking a step back this year. I'm optimistic about this team, even with Hinton temporarily down, but we haven't proved a whole lot yet. Ending the streak against Duke was big for us, but time will tell how good a win that was.

I think it already has unfortunately. Duke looks awful this year. An 0-2 Northwestern team with a loss to Illinois State 9-7 in week 2 beat Duke pretty soundly this past Saturday. Still early though. I just hope we are sitting at 4-2 after the Cuse game. That would put us right on track for a bowl bid. Hinton and Carney being out the next few weeks is a pretty big blow to this team considering these are some games we could steal on the road, but with Wolford I just don't see it happening.

Just win baby, keep doing that and screw what anybody else thinks.

Maryland is a weak 3-0. They beat a horrendous FCS team Howard; a dreadful FIU team, and then needed OT to beat a UCF team that is 1-15 in their last 16 games. Even at 3-0, think I would bet against MD making it to bowl eligibility.

I think it already has unfortunately. Duke looks awful this year. An 0-2 Northwestern team with a loss to Illinois State 9-7 in week 2 beat Duke pretty soundly this past Saturday. Still early though. I just hope we are sitting at 4-2 after the Cuse game. That would put us right on track for a bowl bid. Hinton and Carney being out the next few weeks is a pretty big blow to this team considering these are some games we could steal on the road, but with Wolford I just don't see it happening.

I am not entirely convinced that the loss of Carney should be considered a "big blow." I love the kid and want him to do well and I hope the Duke game was just one of many good games. However, there is more of a sample size needed before we think he is so much more ahead of Colburn/Bell/Reid. Also, Colburn filled in nice. Now the drop off from Hinton to Wolford is a different story.

Anybody remember us beating Illinois State 35-0 back in the late 80's I believe? I think it was the first time I ever saw us shut somebody out.

As reported in the ACC Power Poll printed in Thursday's WSJ by Jerry Ratcliffe regarding WF:

The Deacons are undefeated. Quick, better throw a party to celebrate because its not going to last long. Perhaps the shakiest 3-0 team in the country.

But what in any of that is untrue. Duke is bad this year, we beat a very bad Delaware team and started off very very very very shaky against a horrible Tulane team in which we could not score but a measly touchdown. Now we have certainly built from that game and looked way better from game to game. A bowl season is in the offing as long as we can take care of other bad Atlantic Coast Conference teams Boston College, Virginia and Syracuse. Now the season starts to get serious for the Deacons as we travel to a Big X also ran, Indiana who happens to be huge and we paly with out Kendall Hinton and Cade Carney. If we can get through this one with a W then we really have something other than Mr. Ratcliffe has waxed so eloquently about.

How very wake forest: we either downplay the quality of our opponents to make ourselves seem shittier or way overplay the quality of our opponents to convince ourselves that we are really good.

Meh, there are lots of teams with very shaky wins. Georgia and Clemson didn't exactly look like world-beaters in a game or two either. Thus far, I've seen progress with this team. Here's to hoping it continues tomorrow.

Tulane is not horrible. Duke is just continuing what they did the last five games of last season. Losing. Though they did beat Indiana with a month to prepare. We beat Duke because we got better. They didn't.

3-0. No apologies. No yeah buts. No nothing. 3-0. Naysayers fuck off. Go Deacs!

How very wake forest: we either downplay the quality of our opponents to make ourselves seem shittier or way overplay the quality of our opponents to convince ourselves that we are really good.

Meh, there are lots of teams with very shaky wins. Georgia and Clemson didn't exactly look like world-beaters in a game or two either. Thus far, I've seen progress with this team. Here's to hoping it continues tomorrow.

3-0. No apologies. No yeah buts. No nothing. 3-0. Naysayers fuck off. Go Deacs!

You are what your record says you are, we're 3-0 and let's see if we can keep it going!

Back