• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Week 3 Thread: Falcons Conquer NFC South !! ! !!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Patriots 27
Texans 0

Early Games:
CARDINALS (-4) AT BILLS: Perennial power takes on FCS opponent.
RAIDERS AT TITANS (-1.5): Tilt between young quarterbacks who are not the future of the NFL.
WASHINGTON DC FOOTBALL TEAM AT GIANTS (-4.5): Josh Norman and Odell Beckham, Jr add interset to what is an otherwise uninteresting game between teams that are mediocre at best. Norman has a lot to prove. Beckham needs to prove he's not a basket case. Feels like a must win game for the DC team which is 0-2. Giants have won two games by four points. If Cousins have a bad outing, it's panic time in DC.
BROWNS AT DOLPHINS (-9.5): Y U DO DIS NFL ? Can Tannehill cover a big number ?
RAVENS (-1) AT JAGUARS: Jags offense is as bad as its defense.
LIONS AT PACKERS (-7.5): Packers rebound big at home. This cold be the beginning of the end for Jim Caldwell.
BRONCOS AT BENGALS (-3): Football gods put an end to Broncos run. Enough is enough and AJ Green is awesome !
VIKINGS AT PANTHERS (-7): Will civil unrest continue and break Sam Bradford's shaman induced pregame meditation ? Adrian Peterson out, Jonathan Stewart out. Advantage Cats.

Late Games:
RAMS AT BUCCANEERS (-5.5): Rams find out just how far it is from LA to the East Coast for the first time. Bucs win easy.
49ERS AT SEAHAWKS (-9.5): How bad is the Seahawks' offense ? The NFC really wants to know. They've only scored 15 points in two games. The 49ers shutout the Rams in their first game and gave up 46 to the Panthers in Week 2. Expect the Seahawks offense to score more, but questions will remain. 9.5 point spread on an O/U of 40.
JETS AT CHIEFS (-3): Team named after airplanes visits flyover country. Interesting dynamic. Game not interesting. Chiefs 3 point favorites at home is a gutless line.
CHARGERS AT COLTS (-3) : Everyone knows the Colts are great and Luck is the best, so why are they in last place ? Chargers offense has been potent. This one will be high scoring. Nod to the Colts at home.
STEELERS (-3) AT EAGLES: The Keystone Klash. All of these people want to move to Charlotte. Look for Townie in the stands -- third row, 50 yard line. He's slightly less than 6 feet tall and hopes to be sitting on a barstool at NC sportsbar this time next year in a Carson Wentz jersey, running his big Philly mouth (even though he's a Lions fan).

Sunday Night:
BEARS AT COWBOYS (-7.5): No reason to expect much from either team this year. John Fox went 6-10 with the Bears last year in his first year there. Can he really win six again this year ? Beating Dak Prescott seems to be a prerequisite to improving on that record, but Jay Cutler is OUT and Brian Hoyer is Brian Hoyer.

Monday Night:
FALCONS AT SAINTS (-3): Woof ! Loser of this game has the inside track for the NFC South cellar. Saints at 0-2 are favored at home.

Last edited:
I'm only doing this today. DeacHawk has been doing a good enough job, but he may be incapacitated so I filled in. He should be back next weekend.

Don't expect thread title changes because I'm going to Vegas baby, Vegas !

The thread title and the first word of the thread aren't good enough for you ?

John Fox getting all of these jobs is amusing. Also, I think Carr is the best of the young QBs.

Fox and Ryan prolly both need to take a head coaching break. Both should get the opportunity fairly soon

Fox and Ryan prolly both need to take a head coaching break. Both should get the opportunity fairly soon

Rex should just go the SEC. He would be fucking amazing in that setting talking shit about the other schools, lying to recruits, sexually harassing coeds, drinking with students at post-game tailgates, and committing infractions. He would have about a 3 year window before probation that might be the greatest 3 years in college football history.

Ugh. Another year, another Patriot-dominated season. When does hockey season start?

Brissett was not that fast in college. Good runner but like in a Jerome Bettis at quarterback type of way. Fascinating to watch him blow by people in the NFL. Don't know if he was carrying an injury or got in better shape

Brissett was not that fast in college. Good runner but like in a Jerome Bettis at quarterback type of way. Fascinating to watch him blow by people in the NFL. Don't know if he was carrying an injury or got in better shape

I always thought he was a damn good runner. What was his 40 time?

He was a damn good runner but he was never mistaken for fast. The whole packpride board is convinced he must've played last season with a knee injury

ITT a State fan marvels at a State QB getting better in the NFL.

ITT a State fan marvels at a State QB getting better in the NFL.

I mean when it comes to athletic ability I think it's a fair question. But Jacoby did regress last year and there was a reason NCSU fired it's OC after last season.

Back