• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Presidential Debate

When you flood the market with a surplus of labor you weaken the bargaining power of workers and employers are able to pay their workers less. Do you think that's a good thing?

yes, then businesses can get the most bang for their buck. that's why we shop at target/amazon/walmart/the grocery store!

It's not a good look for evangelicals. They often appear more worried about what people are or are not doing in regard to a few select issues (abortion, homosexuality) which do not personally affect them while ignoring a host of other significant issues including the most significant issue of sharing the Gospel.

others trying to impose their views are not worrying about what others are doing or ignoring a host of other significant issues?

When you flood the market with a surplus of labor you weaken the bargaining power of workers and employers are able to pay their workers less. Do you think that's a good thing?

You know what else weakens the bargaining power of workers?

You know what else weakens the bargaining power of workers?

you guessed it:

frank-stallone.jpg

yes, then businesses can get the most bang for their buck. that's why we shop at target/amazon/walmart/the grocery store!

$54 billion surplus is generated vs. $500 billion in lost wages
Not to mention all the other costs associated with immigrants and their children

But let's ignore reality. Yay, immigration!

If Trump were capable of those answers he would have won that debate going away. Perhaps it was the lack of preparation, but I did not see someone capable of responding in that way.

We will see on Sunday.

On the birther controversy: “Why are we even discussing the birther issue? Your team started it eight years ago when you ran against President Obama....”

LESTER HOLT:... The birth certificate was produced in 2011. You've continued to tell the story and question the president's legitimacy in 2012, '13, '14, '15...

TRUMP: Yeah.

HOLT: .... as recently as January. So the question is, what changed your mind?

TRUMP: ... Secretary Clinton also fought it. I mean, you know -- now, everybody in mainstream is going to say, oh, that's not true. Look, it's true. Sidney Blumenthal sent a reporter -- you just have to take a look at CNN, the last week, the interview with your [Clinton's] former campaign manager. And she was involved.

On cybersecurity: “Great question. Maybe Mrs. Clinton would like to comment on the 33,000 emails she deleted with BleachBit, or why she deliberately endangered our nation’s most sensitive national security secrets by installing a private, unsecure, nongovernment server in the first place. Does anyone in the audience at home think what she did is OK? Think about it, folks: If you did that at your job, wouldn’t you get fired?”

TRUMP: ... I will release my tax returns -- against my lawyer's wishes -- when she releases her 33,000 e-mails that have been deleted. As soon as she releases them, I will release....

Let her release the e-mails. Why did she delete 33,000...

... When you have your staff taking the Fifth Amendment, taking the Fifth so they're not prosecuted, when you have the man that set up the illegal server taking the Fifth, I think it's disgraceful. And believe me, this country thinks it's -- really thinks it's disgraceful, also.

On his personal and corporate history: “Bankruptcies? Inherited wealth? Very funny, I took out a loan 45 years ago and turned it into a multibillion dollar company...."

TRUMP: ... my father gave me a very small loan in 1975, and I built it into a company that's worth many, many billions of dollars, with some of the greatest assets in the world, and I say that only because that's the kind of thinking that our country needs.

If only he had attacked...

Back