• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Presidential Debate

Then don't allege it.

Only in this weird election cycle can you:

1. Blame somebody for doing something.
2. When called on it to seek the evidence, decline to do so and instead put the burden on somebody who called you on it originally.

Are we living in bizarro-world?

Same thing with the Trump-Lester Holt thing:

1. Trump calls Lester biased because he's a Democrat.
2. It's pointed out that he's a registered Republican.
3. Conway says it's not lying because Trump didn't know that he was in fact, a registered Republican.

I mean...what the hell is going on???

I absolutely cannot believe we are even having a discussion over this as a country. If so much weren't on the line then I would be laughing about it.

This is what is most dangerous about Donald Trump. It's not the fact that he's a raging xenophobic, narcissistic liar. It's the fact that he is praying on the weakness of uneducated Americans to make them believe that facts and what is the truth just doesn't matter. That's incredibly dangerous.

Bob 2 learned it from his Trump daddy.

1436356994944394926.jpg

You're also doing a fantastic job of proving my point about Democracy as a way to run a government.

Not to mention the fact that we have Clinton and Trump as the final two candidates effectively sells it as well.

BSFL, your own speculation is not the same thing as evidence. And algorithms/numbers being HilShills is kind of a stretch, even for you.

i can't believe this farce starts at 9pm

WGAF about the libs in california and Hawaii?

I'm psyched for the part tonight when Trump says he was opposed to the Iraq war from jump street and Les Holt, afraid to actually fact-check, follows up with a "Baba-booey"

I know you are trolling BSF, but you're smarter than most people out there. There are people who really believe what you just posted.

Do you know him in real life? Because I'm not getting that from anything he posts on here

You either understand nothing about how the algorithms he uses works, or are being blatantly obtuse.

Not sure which one is worse, but it's the same thing with Trump.

Feel free to try and justify what he's done- without doing any sort of research to defend it.

Then don't allege it.

Only in this weird election cycle can you:

1. Blame somebody for doing something.
2. When called on it to seek the evidence, decline to do so and instead put the burden on somebody who called you on it originally.

Are we living in bizarro-world?

Same thing with the Trump-Lester Holt thing:

1. Trump calls Lester biased because he's a Democrat.
2. It's pointed out that he's a registered Republican.
3. Conway says it's not lying because Trump didn't know that he was in fact, a registered Republican.

I mean...what the hell is going on???

I absolutely cannot believe we are even having a discussion over this as a country. If so much weren't on the line then I would be laughing about it.

This is what is most dangerous about Donald Trump. It's not the fact that he's a raging xenophobic, narcissistic liar. It's the fact that he is praying on the weakness of uneducated Americans to make them believe that facts and what is the truth just doesn't matter. That's incredibly dangerous. When the objective truth doesn't matter, then what else is there?

If Clinton wins a close election and Trump continues to harp on the whole thing being rigged, that promotes an electorate that does not take the Presidency as legitimate. As we all know, the power of the government and authority of the government lies in its legitimacy. Continuing to state that it's not legitimate, and that it's entirely rigged, is a great way to get anarchy.

This.

I get it, it's lame to give a shit about the country and all that, and it is cool to support for Trump for the shitshow, the clownshow, spite, cause Hillary told a lie that time, whatever. I'm not afraid of anarchy, I'm afraid of a petulant child in the executive branch holding the country hostage over perceived slights and grudges, and sending military into harm's way for petty oneupsmanship over some other small-dicked leader. I was a little drunk yesterday and BKF's willfull ignorance of this outcome irritated the shit out of me, and every time i see Trump on TV its not really funny anymore. It was during the primary, now notsomuch.

Im hoping that as some people pull the curtain they realize the joke has passed and we need a reasonable person - whom Hillary Clinton certainly is - handling things in the executive branch.

Why would I try to comment on something without doing any research? That's part of my entire point here.

Because you (rather rudely) claimed "You either understand nothing about how the algorithms he uses works, or are being blatantly obtuse." Clearly hyperbole on your part and the implication is you're some sort of expert on Silver. Having said that, I did some research and see where my misunderstanding arises, in this instance. Does not change the fact he's regularly shilled for Hillary on twitter.

This is pretty much how i expect tonight to go. Its what he did in the Republican debates and it worked brilliantly. I see no reason for him to change his strategy. Even when a moderator calls him on it, he just shrugs his shoulders and repeats his line.

Because you (rather rudely) claimed "You either understand nothing about how the algorithms he uses works, or are being blatantly obtuse." Clearly hyperbole on your part and the implication is you're some sort of expert on Silver. Having said that, I did some research and see where my misunderstanding arises, in this instance. Does not change the fact he's regularly shilled for Hillary on twitter.

After the research what misunderstanding did you discover? Was it about how the algorithm works?

This is pretty much how i expect tonight to go. Its what he did in the Republican debates and it worked brilliantly. I see no reason for him to change his strategy. Even when a moderator calls him on it, he just shrugs his shoulders and repeats his line.

And if Hillary rolls her eyes or makes a WTF face, she will be labelled a shrill bitch.

Back