• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Presidential Debate

This is pretty much how i expect tonight to go. Its what he did in the Republican debates and it worked brilliantly. I see no reason for him to change his strategy. Even when a moderator calls him on it, he just shrugs his shoulders and repeats his line.

It's really the stupidity of the voting base that he is feasting on.

Once again--when the truth doesn't matter, it's a very dangerous thing.

This.

I'm afraid of a petulant child in the executive branch holding the country hostage over perceived slights and grudges, and sending military into harm's way for petty oneupsmanship over some other small-dicked leader.

Im hoping that as some people pull the curtain they realize the joke has passed and we need a reasonable person - whom Hillary Clinton certainly is - handling things in the executive branch.

ugh, i actually think both of the current impersonators are terrible. i like me some darrel hammond but his trump is meh

When does SNL premiere? Because they will have some material.

I'm still pretty bummed that SNL inexplicably got rid of Jay Pharoah and Taran Killam. Yet Kyle Mooney lives. I get that I'm probably not the target audience for his comedy, but still. I can't remember the last time a skit after Weekend Update (when Mooney seemingly takes over the show/writing) wasn't cringe-worthy.

Last edited:
If you dislike Trump, you'll dislike him more after tonight; if you dislike Hillary, you'll dislike her more after tonight. I seriously doubt either of these candidates will break out of their own ruts.

If Trump is able to shock the world and look "presidential" tonight he will very likely be the next president.

On the other hand, if he acts the way he did in the Pub debates, Hillary will be the next president.

There are a lot of people that want to vote someone other than Hillary. They just want someone who will show some decorum and not embarrass the country.

It is a super low bar, but that is all Trump needs to do. I think he knows that is all he needs to do, but even so, I don't know if he can pull it off.

Hillary will be baiting him from the get go. Should be interesting to watch.

People that predict all trump has to do is be presidential, has trump ever done anything he is suppose to do? He will probably go full on attack crazy insane the exact opposite of what anyone says he should do.

The fact that trump has such low expectations that merely appearing presidential will vastly
Improve his lot is a pretty damning indictment of how bad an option he is. Also shows that democrats should've gotten someone other than Hillary but I'm interested in squaring the off-cited "low expectations for society" with this view of trump from some of our friends on the right

People that predict all trump has to do is be presidential, has trump ever done anything he is suppose to do? He will probably go full on attack crazy insane the exact opposite of what anyone says he should do.

He very well might, but if he does, he will lose.

Can't wait to watch the debate with some lil BSFs at the Wake sponsored debate watch party. Wonder if I'll see a Hillary for Prison shirt. I really want to see a Hillary for Prison shirt.

If you dislike Trump, you'll dislike him more after tonight; if you dislike Hillary, you'll dislike her more after tonight. I seriously doubt either of these candidates will break out of their own ruts.

these bastions of intellectualism have their minds made up:

Can't wait to watch the debate with some lil BSFs at the Wake sponsored debate watch party. Wonder if I'll see a Hillary for Prison shirt. I really want to see a Hillary for Prison shirt.

council.jpg

Back