• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Take on Wake Indiana Game

Dan Collins spent years shining up Wellman's turds and taking thinly veiled shots at anybody who dared question the status quo. Now he's trying to claim he's all of a sudden finally enjoying Wake athletics.

Dan Collins spent years shining up Wellman's turds and taking thinly veiled shots at anybody who dared question the status quo. Now he's trying to claim he's all of a sudden finally enjoying Wake athletics.

Worst take ever.

(Edited to clarify my comment was directed toward Ph's take, not Dan's.)

Last edited:
Then he shouldn't have spent years taking shots at Deacon fans who were agonizing as well.

Great read Dan you echo the thoughts of all of us. Go Deacs!

No. Just no. No way. Thank goodness for Dan Collins. Even though he's a UNC grad he's always professed his affinity for Wake and wrote a book on the basketball program. When he retires I doubt the Journal will replace him. The Winston area is full of State and UNC alums and/or fans, so Wake will just be a part of someone's else's expanded beat and we'll get far less coverage. He's been great for Wake and he's called out bad performances by coaches and players. He can't flame excessively or he'll be iced out by the athletic department. He was a little slow to come down on Bz, but I think he knew Bz sucked. He also knew that Wellman and Bz had their fingers solidly jammed in each other's anuses. He couldn't nuke Bz until the evidence was overwhelming.

Thanks Dan for all your years of coverage and good writing. We'll be in much worse shape when you're gone. Good column this week. We all feel the same.

Last edited:

Ph with the first post of a Dan Collins thread shitting on him? Death, taxes, this...

Dan spent years protecting his access to the athletic department. That's just a fact.

FIFY. I'd bet plenty Dan knows more about Wellman's ego and shortcomings than we do, but he has to deal with them to get the access he wants. I've notice he's gotten sharper the last few years...I think his disgust overwhelmed his diplomacy, and he's such a fixture now it would be noticeable if they dried him out.

Last edited:
FIFY. I'd bet plenty Dan knows more about Wellman's ego and shortcomings than we do, but he has to deal with them to get the access he wants. I've notice he's gotten sharper the last few years...I think his disgust overwhelmed his diplomacy, and he's such a fixture now it would be noticeable if they dried him out.

Even the Wake AD isn't dumb enough to freeze out the only home town newspaper. Dan played it safe for years. And is consequently quite late to the party.

I couldn't care whether Dan was happy. We're all glad that the Deacs are 4-0 and that Jesse Bates had the game of his life in front of his friends and family back in Indiana. I hope that some of our eastern Carolina guys can have the same kind of game this weekend.

Back