• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State -8

This team seems determined to find a way to get it done. I know on paper State is stronger and they've had a bye week, but I like wake coming in with momentum. Would not be surprised to see an upset.

Indiana was also coming off a bye week.

Interested to see the line. I expect to lose every game but doesn't ncsu suck?

It's said that deaconbd is a parody. My question is what is he a parody of?

last year I was a parody when I called for Hinton and everyone said that's a parody.

I was right.

This year I'm a parody when I say that IU would have close to twice as many yards and we'd have to win the TO battle to win.

I was right.

Deaconbd is a parody of wisdom.

Why are they better than us on paper? That's news to me. And there's no way the line will be 8

once again I'm a parody of wisdom. They said no way the line will be 8 and ...

the line is 8 1/2.

I'd say that's close enough.

I like how the thread indicates a line that the OP just made up. Don't care if it's a parody or not, deceiving for people who see it but don't actually read the thread.

I figure put something out there that's close (within a point or two) and it's interesting to find out from folks if they think we can overcome the better team and win the game. I just appreciate everyone's input.

So far the consensus is that they're more talented and will probably run up and down the field like IU but maybe we make a few big plays, play smarter and win ugly.

I'll take it, a win is a win.

Funny that the story going into Duke was that the sharps liked Wake more than the public. Wake goes and wins twice as road dogs and Vegas has Wake losing by more than a TD to a team who lost to the only real team they faced.

Funny that the story going into Duke was that the sharps liked Wake more than the public. Wake goes and wins twice as road dogs and Vegas has Wake losing by more than a TD to a team who lost to the only real team they faced.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Really surprised by the line. Does anyone else in the country have two power 5 road wins?

Of course, there are still 8 games to play and anything can happen. But right now, I think winning this game could help us move up in the bowl selection. If we win on Saturday we are on track for 8 (maybe even 9) wins. I don't see us beating FSU, Clemson, Louisville. But all the other games are winnable. And, being a Wake fan as long as I have, I know that we could lose them all too.

Raleigh is such a tough place for us to win. I mean 2006, we won 30-0 at FSU, but 25-23 at State.

Need to play fast and move the chains, not stand there and wait for the crowd to get louder and louder.

Raleigh is such a tough place for us to win. I mean 2006, we won 30-0 at FSU, but 25-23 at State.

Need to play fast and move the chains, not stand there and wait for the crowd to get louder and louder.
2006 is also the only time we have won in Raleigh in like 20+ years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Swank was such a stud that game.

We need to score first to help take the crowd out of the game. An opening TD, holding them to a 3 and out, followed by another scoring drive.

Of course, there are still 8 games to play and anything can happen. But right now, I think winning this game could help us move up in the bowl selection. If we win on Saturday we are on track for 8 (maybe even 9) wins. I don't see us beating FSU, Clemson, Louisville. But all the other games are winnable. And, being a Wake fan as long as I have, I know that we could lose them all too.

Those three have the CFB, Orange, and Russell locked up in my opinion. I think the Coastal will cannibalize each other with those unfortunate enough to play those three picking up some extra L's. An 8 or 9 win Wake could land in a next tier bowl.

We're gonna get a shitty bowl. They got rid of the rules regarding record playing a role in the bowl selection order, so we'll be one of the last ones picked, unfortunately

Back