• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State -8

The sharps don't set the line on what they think the outcome will be they set it to get equal bets on both sides.

Line opened at -9 most places (not including bd's brain)

We're gonna get a shitty bowl. They got rid of the rules regarding record playing a role in the bowl selection order, so we'll be one of the last ones picked, unfortunately

Here's the ESPN.com ACC writer's bowl projections, I think something like this is about how it would shake out. I can see us being picked over the Tier Three schools but prolly not the Tier Two ones (maaybe UNC if we have a way better season). Fuckin' ND:

College Football Playoff semifinal at the Fiesta Bowl: Louisville Cardinals

Capital One Orange Bowl: Clemson Tigers

TIER ONE

Russell Athletic Bowl: Florida State Seminoles

TIER TWO

TaxSlayer Bowl: Miami Hurricanes

Belk Bowl: North Carolina Tar Heels

New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Virginia Tech Hokies

Hyundai Sun Bowl: Notre Dame Fighting Irish

TIER THREE

Quick Lane Bowl: Pittsburgh Panthers

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman: Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Camping World Independence Bowl: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

St. Petersburg Bowl: Duke Blue Devils

Birmingham Bowl: Syracuse Orange

Just hope they send the team to somewhere nice and warm- not like Detroit.

I don't care where it is as long as it isn't the day after Christmas.

Here's the ESPN.com ACC writer's bowl projections, I think something like this is about how it would shake out. I can see us being picked over the Tier Three schools but prolly not the Tier Two ones (maaybe UNC if we have a way better season). Fuckin' ND:

TIER ONE

TIER TWO

TIER THREE

The ACC doesn't have the Music City Bowl anymore?

Actually, ND is subject to the two-game rule for bowl selection.

so 12 teams make a bowl? Isn't that virtually impossible? Would that be a record for the ACC? Any conference?

so 12 teams make a bowl? Isn't that virtually impossible? Would that be a record for the ACC? Any conference?

With all the bowl games (BKFBATSIGNAL), there will be a few 5-7 teams to make it. ACC is very strong this year in the middle.

once again I'm a parody of wisdom.

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

TIER ONE

TIER TWO

TIER THREE

Belk Bowl might grab Va Tech before UNC-CH. Heels played in the bowl in 2013 and played in Charlotte twice last year. Hokies haven't played in Charlotte and have a big local fan base.

Who all is going to the State game?

I usually make the trip, but the past three trips have been miserable from a game standpoint, as well as the people around where I've sat.

Funny that the story going into Duke was that the sharps liked Wake more than the public. Wake goes and wins twice as road dogs and Vegas has Wake losing by more than a TD to a team who lost to the only real team they faced.

And then that team lost to a bad SCaro team and got trounced by VaTech.

Actually, ND is subject to the two-game rule for bowl selection.

Well that's good news. That gives me a little more hope we might be able to squeak Tier Two. Keep winnin' Deacs!

A reason to cheer against the Irish which isn't hard. Most of their tough remaining games (Stanford, Miami, VT) are at home so not sure where they will wind up.

The ACC doesn't have the Music City Bowl anymore?

Alternate Music City with TaxSlayer, we have one of the two each year. ACC had Music City last year so thought is Jax is in play this year.

I can't see us winding up there though, that bowl historically has been the worst about taking teams with big fan bases, even if they're terrible teams and make the game way less appealing from an interest standpoint

Back