• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana Game Review / N.C. State Game Week Thread

Do you guys have an "ignore poster" feature so I can't stop reading Mactheknife posts trying the bait me into an argument in an otherwise civil conversation about the game?

Do you guys have an "ignore poster" feature so I can't stop reading Mactheknife posts trying the bait me into an argument in an otherwise civil conversation about the game?

This is out of line. You've overstayed your welcome, chief.

You'll see on the game preview thread that I corrected a few people about that. I also hate it when people refuse to understand the difference between a chop block and a cut block. I loved the Grobe offenses. Every team uses cut blocks to a certain extent.

The rules have changed. You Can't cut back block anymore. Nothing below the waist toward the original position of the ball.

Rating all teams involved (just for clarity sake):

State (40)
Indiana (45)
Wake (58)
Duke (64)
ECU (87)
Tulane (100)
Old Dominion (102)
William & Mary (FCS)
Delaware (FCS)

Wake SOS - 67.6
State- 94.5

Obviously nobody is debating that State has played an easier schedule, but just putting the Football Study Hall rankings out there.

I'm not baiting you. I'm just saying you have a shitty football program.

Rating all teams involved (just for clarity sake):

State (40)
Indiana (45)
Wake (58)
Duke (64)
ECU (87)
Tulane (100)
Old Dominion (102)
William & Mary (FCS)
Delaware (FCS)

Thank you. I was in the middle of looking this up.

When you consider:

State is likely better than Indiana
Wake was "lucky" to beat Indiana (repeating 5 turnovers is highly unlikely, and FSH had Wake with a 10% expectancy to win looking at the stats afterwards.)
Indiana had two of their top offensive linemen out, including an All-American guard last season
State is coming off of a bye week and is pretty healthy (I assume Hines and Samuels are both good to go)
Wake has won once at CF since I've been alive (I know historical past performance doesn't indicate future performance)
Wake has gotten the shit beat out of them the past three times we have played in Raleigh

I just have a hard time feeling confident in this game. I hope I'm wrong.

Our running game is going to struggle a lot against the front 7 of N.C State. Yes, they have played inferior competition, but it doesn't take a savant to see the talent level on that D-Line and realize it will be, by far, the best our O-Line has faced this season. Coach Claws and Rug have got to figure out a way for our guys to get the ball in space and give Wolford some time to get comfortable and make plays. If they can do that, then the secondary will be susceptible to the long ball.

Really hope we use a lot more quick passes this game to open up the run game, and perhaps set up some double moves. Not to mention to keep Wolford alive. Limit the slow zone reads and play action, please.

Also, when was the last time we saw a jet sweep or quick slant? Both are quick hitting (and hopefully easy) plays to get the ball out to a play maker (Hines, Wade, Lewis) in space. I also love the pop pass version of the jet sweep, due to zero risk of a bobbled exchange (incomplete pass).

I'm not baiting you. I'm just saying you have a shitty football program.

Well see there you go. Wake doesn't actually have a stellar Football record and you don't see me calling it a shitty program. Maybe that's because I'm a Wake fan and you are obviously not a State fan. I've been nothing but respectful on this thread and tried to stick to football and facts.

This State-Wake chatter reminds me of the good old ACCBoards days, especially macktheknife baiting Pack fans.

There are a lot of trolls and provokers on this board Wuffey. Ignore them, don't respond, and you'll be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good to have this banter. Been a while since a game somewhat mattered for us and we had a team worth talking about (or had the confidence to talk smack about).

Well see there you go. Wake doesn't actually have a stellar Football record and you don't see me calling it a shitty program. Maybe that's because I'm a Wake fan and you are obviously not a State fan. I've been nothing but respectful on this thread and tried to stick to football and facts.

Here at Mother So Dear, we like to live in the present. That said, we're 4-0 and that's pretty gosh darn stellar by my count.

I'm sticking to facts too. Here is another one. Your fans think you made another head coach fuck up. Why do you think? Dude whines a lot.

I'm sticking to facts too. Here is another one. Your fans think you made another head coach fuck up. Why do you think? Dude whines a lot.

I wasn't a big fan of the hire and I haven't been proven wrong so far. I didn't understand why a mid-west guy was a good fit for State. We are a Southern school. At his opening press conference he talked about the great fishing in NC. While I agree and fish myself I didn't think it was something you say when you're getting hired as a head football coach. We still have some that think he'll pull it out. Whatever happens we won't make a change for a couple of more years. Coaches at State usually get 4-6 years and we move onto the next experiment. I was actually a Chuck Amato fan and wanted him to get more time. Football should be fun and at least he made it fun as well as delivering an 11 win season and #12 national ranking in 2002.

If not, I'm sure he has some cronies on PackPride that could come to his aid.

Nobody left to come over here since we lost tOTF and others were banned. Plus we aren't a very confident fanbase right now. They give me a hard time for being nice over here.

Back