• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana Game Review / N.C. State Game Week Thread

I don't feel good about it. It's like we get tense just walking into C-F. I don't get it. Just calling it like I see it. We have not been so much worse than NC State that we should have the recent record we have against them in Rally.

It's all good. We're playin with house money. We have the better coach. The tight ass is all on NC State. Most of our own fans expect a loss. We smack them in the mouth and it's game on. All good.

It's all good. We're playin with house money. We have the better coach. The tight ass is all on NC State. Most of our own fans expect a loss. We smack them in the mouth and it's game on. All good.

It wasnt long ago that you guys had a thread titled Dave Clawson credibility watch. Now your saying he is a good coach. State will win this game tomorrow, and it will be three in a row against Wake.

State will cover the line which is 9 I think. Could even be a three or four score game.

This game is all about home field advantage.

No Hinton and no Carney hurts bad.

The Carney part makes me laugh. As if he is just head over heels better than Colburn and Bell and Reid. There is not much of a drop off

I actually think this is a game where we have a better shot with Wolford than Hinton. There is a serious difference between the front 7 of State and their back 4. They are stacked up front and I don't think we would run effectively on them with either our starting QB or RB. Their back 4 is where their weakness is. Assuming Johnnis slightly better at the intermediate pass, it may help.

Our run game has been proven to be better when Hinton is in not only because he can run himself but the threat of him to run takes an extra person to defend.

The Carney part makes me laugh. As if he is just head over heels better than Colburn and Bell and Reid. There is not much of a drop off

Carney was clearly better than the other 3 against Duke. Especially Reid. Explosiveness and take it to the house ability. We need him back.

Hopefully we get it done today without.

Anyone else notice that Wolfpack v. Deacons game got very little N&O coverage this past week? Wuzupwiththat?

The Deacs just go a a nice mention on ESPN's College Gameday. Desmond Howard and Lee Corso picked the Deacs and praised their performance so far this year, while Kirk Herbstreit and Chris "the Bear" Fallica picked State. But who cares about whether "experts" picked Wake or not. It's just nice to get mentioned in a positive way on Gameday, because how often has that happened over the last 5-6 years?

Can't blame them, unbiased observers don't have much reason not to pick State. A lot to gain by winning today, not a lot to lose with a loss. Coming into the season I think most of us thought getting 1 of the 3 road games (Duke, IU, State) along with home wins against Tulane and Delaware would put us in recent shape. We already have 2 of those, take our best shot at 3 this week.

Yeah, as others have mentioned today is a low risk high reward game. Lose and you're still 4-1 and well ahead of schedule for a bowl (which is the reasonable expectation for this team), win and you're about to host a night game as a ranked home favorite.

Back