• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana Game Review / N.C. State Game Week Thread

I've been to several football games at Carter-Finley and had pretty awful experiences with fans. Had to dodge a well-thrown glass bottle the Orange bowl year (best throw from a state person on the day). Worst experience, though, was at the JHo win the year he took the technical shots to win in Raleigh. We had great seats at half court and during the technical shots we were drenched by soda cups and garbage thrown from all around. I know plenty of nice State people, but their sports fans are the pits, man.

My favorite in Reynolds was when the assholes hurled quarters, dimes, and other pocket change at the Wake visitors after the losers succumbed to us. It was quite dangerous and unreal. There are some real stupid motherfuckers in that fan base.

Just for balance....games I attended -

'05 @BC ( the Matt Ryan killer game ) - 4-5 young Wake fans drunk and cursing loudly in the Wake section. After several complaints by both Wake and nearby BC fans, police arrive and carry/eject them from the stadium.

'07 @Navy ( a glorious Wake win ) - Postgame, 6-7 Wake students apprehended by police after being observed vandalizing several parked cars at a waterside restaurant in Annapolis.

The vast majority of State fans are awful human beings. it's like an 85-15 split.

We had some try to start something with us the one time we went ('11?), but I shut that shit down real quick.

We've been the asshole fans at many-a visiting stadium together. Good times.

And let's not forget how State fans pissed in front of their own seats in their own stadium so as not to miss the action. Classy.

'05 @BC ( the Matt Ryan killer game ) - 4-5 young Wake fans drunk and cursing loudly in the Wake section. After several complaints by both Wake and nearby BC fans, police arrive and carry/eject them from the stadium.

'07 @Navy ( a glorious Wake win ) - Postgame, 6-7 Wake students apprehended by police after being observed vandalizing several parked cars at a waterside restaurant in Annapolis.

Oh shit naw !

Statefans killed a guy in the parking lot !

I saw a ton of Wake fans making drunken fools of themselves at the 2006 Wake-BC game in Winston. Every fan base has their bad fans, State just seems to have a higher percentage. I know plenty of State people who are great and I pull for State when they're not playing Wake, but that doesn't change what I've witnessed firsthand at Carter-Finley.

I knew these guys. They had to spend the night in jail in Annapolis. If I remember correctly, one guy wrote his nickname in the dew on a car and it somehow blew up into something crazy. I think they just ended up with underage drinking tickets after everything. I remember talking to them about having to go to honor court or whatever at Wake and what a load of shit it was.

We had some try to start something with us the one time we went ('11?), but I shut that shit down real quick.

We've been the asshole fans at many-a visiting stadium together. Good times.

Yep, some very good times. The Creamy-Phys duo has done some damage over the years. Pretty sure the Clemson game at Groves a few years back was some of our best work. Catamount was there too, he should remember. We had Mr. touchy feely in our group pissing off the Clemson fans in front of us, yet totally flipped the script and made them apologize to us. Good times.

Another classic was when we had the wine and cheese Wake fans telling us we were clapping too loud, so we spent the next 3 quarters facing them with a "golf clap". Pretty sure we were drunker than cooter brown at that game.

Last edited:

Unless there was a completely separate incident, you've got this one a bit confused. It was just a two (or three) students who were staying at an Annapolis hotel on a Wake-sponsored game trip. DF2009 and I were drinking with them that night, but then they got super rowdy and we got out of there. All vandalism was in the hotel parking lot.

Sorry to break the fan experience memories, but is Jared Crump expected back this season? Seems like he was only supposed to miss a game or two.

Yep, some very good times. The Creamy-Phys duo has done some damage over the years. Pretty sure the Clemson game at Groves a few years back was some of our best work. Catamount was there too, he should remember. We had Mr. touchy feely in our group pissing off the Clemson fans in front of us, yet totally flipped the script and made them apologize to us. Good times.

Another classic was when we had the wine and cheese Wake fans telling us we were clapping too loud, so we spent the next 3 quarters facing them with a "golf clap". Pretty sure we were drunker than cooter brown at that game.

I wonder why those memories are so fuzzy?

I really showed my ass on a solo mission @Clemson in 2011 for the big letdown. I was the sole proprietor of vibes, and the only reason we had a chance at that game.

Brews and I had that happen to us on the Deacon Tower side once. We were just cheering loudly and talking shit to State fans. I don't think we were even being vulgar. Some dude in front of us turns around and told us to stop being so loud because he was trying to enjoy the game with his kids or something. Brews looks at him and goes, "This is why we will never be good at football. Our fans are awful."

[/B]

Brews and I had that happen to us on the Deacon Tower side once. We were just cheering loudly and talking shit to State fans. I don't think we were even being vulgar. Some dude in front of us turns around and told us to stop being so loud because he was trying to enjoy the game with his kids or something. Brews looks at him and goes, "This is why we will never be good at football. Our fans are awful."

Sounds about right. ASDBC just doing his thing.

I wonder why those memories are so fuzzy?

I really showed my ass on a solo mission @Clemson in 2011 for the big letdown. I was the sole proprietor of vibes, and the only reason we had a chance at that game.

This was a game that I watched with a "date"...After stabbing a hole through my drywall at the conclusion, I never heard back from her.

I have been involved in both sides of this as a Wake fan.

At the Music City Bowl, there was a completely loud, drunk, obnoxious Wake fan sitting on the row behind us, 3-4 seats down. During the 4th quarter, I turned around and saw him whip his dick out and piss right there in the seat. I texted the number to report poor behavior. The ushers and cops were there quickly. I hope they hauled his drunk ass to jail.

At the 2012 UNC game, these asshole UNC fans (sitting in the Deacon Club section of course) kept booing whenever our players would get hurt. He seemed to think it was intentional to slow down the Holes powerful offense. After we won, my 70 year old dad and I were right in his face, talking all kinds of shit. Not surprisingly, he didn't have anything to say.

At the Music City Bowl, there was a completely loud, drunk, obnoxious Wake fan sitting on the row behind us, 3-4 seats down. During the 4th quarter, I turned around and saw him whip his dick out and piss right there in the seat. I texted the number to report poor behavior. The ushers and cops were there quickly. I hope they hauled his drunk ass to jail.

At the 2012 UNC game, these asshole UNC fans (sitting in the Deacon Club section of course) kept booing whenever our players would get hurt. He seemed to think it was intentional to slow down the Holes powerful offense. After we won, my 70 year old dad and I were right in his face, talking all kinds of shit. Not surprisingly, he didn't have anything to say.

That UNC game was my favorite game I attended while at Wake. Had we held on and won against Notre Dame at night, that would have topped it.

I was at the UNC triple overtime game in December of 03, I think. Roy's welcome to the ACC. I don't know if I have ever had a more satisfying sports moment than talking shit to the UNC fans around us as they left. These same fans were awful to my dad and me the whole game and were so sure they had won about 20 minutes before.

The comeback in Chapel Hill in 2001...We were down 24-0 at half and stormed back to win 32-31. I remember Chris Barclay having a hell of a game and we sealed the game on a sack at the end. Maybe Durant was their QB? Vague on the details but that was a hell of a game. I was sitting next to Fabian Davis' mother. She was a super sweet lady and as entertaining as they come.

DG3, I was also at the 3OT thriller in 03. I got tickets from a UNC fan and was surrounded by Blue. A Carolina fan talked some serious shit to me at halftime and got in my face threatening to fight me. I was with my girlfriend at the time so I just kept on walking. After the game, that same fan found me and came up to me to apologize for being a dick and he congratulated me on the win. I don't know if his parents made him apologize or if I captured lightening in a bottle. Either way, that game was the most entertained I have ever been in an opposing teams arena.

Back