• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana Game Review / N.C. State Game Week Thread

If it's a track meet, we'll lose. We must get the lead to dictate what state must do. Field position will be important too.

OK well that battle goes to Wake because unless we change coaches before Saturday you'll see a balanced attack. These coaches are completely dedicated to it no matter what is going on in the game. It's happened over and over. We get behind and just refuse to make adjustments. It happened in Greenville a few weeks ago. Play calling in the 4th quarter and the end of game situation was mind boggling. Sometimes I think every play call is scripted before hand.

All Wake has to do is get to the fourth Quarter in a close game. That's when you count on the Wolfpack for personal fouls, late hits, and other bad penalties. They can't take the pressure.

Hey Wuffey, how good is your O-line?

Just OK. We try and compensate with quick handoffs and quick passes. Wake's DL probably wins that battle. However I think our DL wins against your OL. So not sure how that ends up. Hinton's running ability and toughness would have been a game changer against our front 7. We couldn't tackle Summers from ECU even when we knew he was going to run.

Yes the schedule has been embarrassing.

This year makes up for a bit. If State loses to Wake on Saturday they have virtually no shot at a bowl game.

FEI has just 2.5 more projected wins for the Pack this season in win expectancy.

Just OK. We try and compensate with quick handoffs and quick passes. Wake's DL probably wins that battle. However I think our DL wins against your OL. So not sure how that ends up. Hinton's running ability and toughness would have been a game changer against our front 7. We couldn't tackle Summers from ECU even when we knew he was going to run.

Definitely think State's DL wins against our OL. I just hope we can continue to avoid negative yardage plays. With Hinton, I think I might be expecting to win, even in Raleigh. Without him, I'm expecting a close L, but am cautiously optimistic we can better-handle the pressure of a close game and get a W.

All Wake has to do is get to the fourth Quarter in a close game. That's when you count on the Wolfpack for personal fouls, late hits, and other bad penalties. They can't take the pressure.

Last year we averaged 52 to your 48 penalty yards per game. This year 39 to your 36. Stats don't support your argument. I can think of one personal foul this year for one of our DL removing his helmet before leaving the field. I think you may be thinking back to the Amato years.

I think our D-line will wreak havoc. They haven't seen a D-line like ours yet, but then again we haven't seen a D-line like theirs. Like a few said above, no idea what to make of that.

I think our D-line will wreak havoc. They haven't seen a D-line like ours yet, but then again we haven't seen a D-line like theirs. Like a few said above, no idea what to make of that.

They'll be tough to handle that's for sure.

Our D-Line is fine, but it is not some sort of wrecking crew. Let's not make it out to be something its not.

We absolutely can win Saturday, but my best bet is that State gets to 30 points and we do not. We are way too susceptible to downfield throws.

State's DLine is pretty unreal.

Darian Roseboro and Kentavious Street anchoring that line would be good for a lot of top 25 teams.

According to Football Study Hall's "havoc rate", it backs up what the "eye test" has shown/read on here:

Defensive Line - 4th
LB- 36th
Secondary - 126th

Part of what makes State click on offense is not their explosiveness, but how well they stay on schedule (62nd in Explosiveness, 7th in "staying on schedule"). If our defensive line can win the battle on first down and get them off schedule then that will help take a lot of pressure off of our secondary.

According to Football Study Hall's "havoc rate", it backs up what the "eye test" has shown/read on here:

Defensive Line - 4th
LB- 36th
Secondary - 126th

Part of what makes State click on offense is not their explosiveness, but how well they stay on schedule (62nd in Explosiveness, 7th in "staying on schedule"). If our defensive line can win the battle on first down and get them off schedule then that will help take a lot of pressure off of our secondary.

Unless our OL keeps showing improvement, Wolford may not have much of an opportunity to take advantage of their secondary.

True. We haven't seen fat and slow yet.

Last year we averaged 52 to your 48 penalty yards per game. This year 39 to your 36. Stats don't support your argument. I can think of one personal foul this year for one of our DL removing his helmet before leaving the field. I think you may be thinking back to the Amato years.

Yeah, it's sort of like State fans continue to think of Wake "chop" blocking even though that was over a decade ago with Grobe. (And if State ever hired a coach using a cut-blocking scheme your fans would be super hyped up over it.)

Defensive Line - 4th
LB- 36th
Secondary - 126th

NC State stats are meaningless at this point.

Defensive Line - 4th
LB- 36th
Secondary - 126th

Our d-line would look nasty against W&M, ECU and ODU.

Yeah, it's sort of like State fans continue to think of Wake "chop" blocking even though that was over a decade ago with Grobe. (And if State ever hired a coach using a cut-blocking scheme your fans would be super hyped up over it.)

NC State has played stupid for twenty years through multiple coaches.

You'll see on the game preview thread that I corrected a few people about that. I also hate it when people refuse to understand the difference between a chop block and a cut block. I loved the Grobe offenses. Every team uses cut blocks to a certain extent.

Back