• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Vertical -- Chris Paul

whoa. JJ's voice is made for radio. I had no idea that was him until about 4 minutes in. His voice in everyday life sounds completely different. Kudos to both of them. That was pretty darn neat

I hate the vertical podcast.

Because it's making me like JJ Redick.

He steps on his guests on occasion, and slips into some d-baggery when talking about wine, cars, watches, etc, but overall does a great job and has an interesting perspective as a current player.

I LOVE the JJ podcast. If you haven't listened to the one he did with Chris Collins, I highly recommend doing so. It gets deep into the behind the scenes stuff that happened with JJ at Duke. The story about what JJ went through after the final four season of 04 is a must hear. I had no idea it had gotten that bad for the kid.

You're right.
JJ has a very good voice and will likely have a great career as an announcer following his basketball playing days.

I LOVE the JJ podcast. If you haven't listened to the one he did with Chris Collins, I highly recommend doing so. It gets deep into the behind the scenes stuff that happened with JJ at Duke. The story about what JJ went through after the final four season of 04 is a must hear. I had no idea it had gotten that bad for the kid.

Ok, I'll ask - what happened to him after the final 4? I honestly don't remember.

Ok, I'll ask - what happened to him after the final 4? I honestly don't remember.

You gotta listen lol I don't remember the whole story but it ended with him going MIA and had to have a coming to Jesus meeting with the staff. I mostly remember coach K telling him that he wasn't worthy of playing for a final 4 team or something to that extent and JJ did not take that well.

I have loved JJ for years, going back to his days in Orlando. Because he did eat shit for two years at Orlando before he got into elite shape. The only way he could stay in the league was improving his fitness from below average to above average, which was not easy but he did it.

Good for him. He also seems to be pretty self aware, which gets you far in my book.

I have not followed JJ closely at all in the nba but when he was at Duke the words "self aware" are not what I would choose to describe him. Of course, that was a long time ago and he may have developed self awareness with maturity since then, but that still made me chuckle.

The list of self aware college dudes is not long.

I'll admit, minus the fancy watch talk that is a solid podcast. Helps to hear JJ absolutely destroy his former self and thank all the coaches and players that called him a douchebag. WTF I come to the Wake board and now I like JJ Redick...

You're right.
JJ has a very good voice and will likely have a great career as an announcer following his basketball playing days.

I can’t see what his future has in store
but he speaks with the self-awareness of a condor

I'll admit, minus the fancy watch talk that is a solid podcast. Helps to hear JJ absolutely destroy his former self and thank all the coaches and players that called him a douchebag. WTF I come to the Wake board and now I like JJ Redick...

It's kinda messed up and the main reason I'm not listening to that podcast.

Back