• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TV question

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
Will the game today be blacked out on WatchESPN if it's airing on Fox Sports Carolinas? Trying to plan if I'm going to head out to the sports bar or not

Last edited:
If you watch on your phone using data and not internet I think you can avoid the blackout

Here's the ESPN blackout map:

http://www.espn.com/watchespn/blackout?id=2896353

2896353.jpg

If you're in the black area, the game is on tv. If you're in the green area, it's not on. For instance, I'm blacked out in Boston because Tulane-UMass is on instead.... :sick:

That map is not accurate. The game is scheduled to be on TV here in DC.

What channel is it supposed to be on in the DC area?

I've found these maps to be very reliable since it's directly from ESPN3 which handles whether or not they can show games (if the game is on regional tv they can't show it)

Looks like in DC it's on whatever CSN+ is. Good catch District. Wonder if the game doesn't get blacked out on ESPN3 when it's on a secondary regional network (assuming CSN+ is the same as NESN+ up here)

Looks like in DC it's on whatever CSN+ is. Good catch District. Wonder if the game doesn't get blacked out on ESPN3 when it's on a secondary regional network (assuming CSN+ is the same as NESN+ up here)

It's listed on my WatchESPN app, but I don't know if that means I'll actually be able to watch it.

Huh, wonder what that means for those of us out of the country? I assume it will work? I'm gonna be an unhappy camper if I have to miss Deacs today (or watch on my shitty slingbox connection).

Oh cool, turns out it wasn't blacked out at all and I didn't need to wrangle a six-month-old to a sports bar for the first half. Awesome

Just a thought but now that Fox has released its Fox Sports Go app (I know it's on Fire TV and Apple TV) it may be on there for games that are on Fox Sports.

I'm sure others have experienced in the past, but I learned something unfortunate about this during this week's game-- YES Network is the RSN affiliate for NYC area but game conflicted with the Yanks. As such, WFU @ NCSU was shown, but on tape delay at 10 pm. That did not stop WatchESPN from blacking out game. I get what happened but it's of a BS move. I guess it wasn't the worst game to miss given the result but frustrating nonetheless.

Back