• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

The same way we are sposed to believe that this chick is on the board of a multi trillion dollar amusement park corp

If you take a look at what Silicon Valley tech CEO, CTO's etc. look like, it's pretty easy to imagine a world where she developed something like Twitter, was instantly recognized as a leader in her field, and put on the board of a progressive tech company.

Or maybe she was only put on the board to be deceived by Ford. Who knows.

Last edited:
I want to go to westworld
This is the only thing from the show I am sure about.

Though I'm still trying to decide how I'd spend my time. The whole having sex with a robot and that robot holding the man juice inside it from other guys...Not quite doing it for me.

I'm still confused by how there haven't been any accidents between guests, primarily accidental? If I can just go and stab whoever I want and these things look so real, isn't there a risk of a guest confusing another guest with being host?

And the guns which I think will become important going forward. Are these real guns? The crew seem to have real weapons but does anyone within Westworld? When a guest shoots a host, a bullet doesn't actually get shot I presume. So are the crew's real guns going to be entered into Westworld?

I mean without spoiling too much, we saw what just happened to the security dude.

So my wife and I binged this whole series over Thanksgiving weekend and the stupid detail that bugs me is how the robots are being transported in and out of Westworld. At first I thought it was some kind of Matrix/Avatar-like situation where everyone is plugged in and Westworld isn't really a physical place, but then it became clear that the robots and people just travel there using the train/elevators/etc so that it IS an actual place. But then each time a robot is killed it has to be repaired and it seems like Maeve is going back and forth repeatedly by getting herself killed so that she can "wake up" back in the real world. But so then are these two idiots just fixing her up over and over again so just she can wake up and fuck their whole situation up for awhile before sending her back in? Somebody help me out.

I'm still confused by how there haven't been any accidents between guests, primarily accidental? If I can just go and stab whoever I want and these things look so real, isn't there a risk of a guest confusing another guest with being host?

And the guns which I think will become important going forward. Are these real guns? The crew seem to have real weapons but does anyone within Westworld? When a guest shoots a host, a bullet doesn't actually get shot I presume. So are the crew's real guns going to be entered into Westworld?

I mean without spoiling too much, we saw what just happened to the security dude.

Well we haven't seen what actually happened in full, other than he was at least detained. The more interesting and perhaps overlooked scene in the last ep was when the man in black woke up with a noose around his neck tied to the horse. Maybe the hosts apparently still can't kill you, but they can put you in a situation where you die.

Actually if she is man in black's daughter, it would make sense that she is on the board

I've suspected this for a while, and their interaction from the last episode confirmed it for me.

I still haven't figured out the racial disparity because it isn't clear what race Juliet is in the Times Square photograph. Could be an adopted sister to Logan? Charlotte could be adopted? I also can't get over the Bernard=Arnold so Charlotte=Charlie thing. But it would be really confusing if Charlotte was Arnold's daughter but didn't recognize Bernard.

Well we haven't seen what actually happened in full, other than he was at least detained. The more interesting and perhaps overlooked scene in the last ep was when the man in black woke up with a noose around his neck tied to the horse. Maybe the hosts apparently still can't kill you, but they can put you in a situation where you die.

I don't think he was ever truly in danger there. The horse was fake as well. The horse could very easily be coded not to actually run until he gets the knife.

Now what happens if he drops the knife? Maybe the rope rips because it's not strong enough?

However, if this is all part of his new story, anything could happen.

I don't think he was ever truly in danger there. The horse was fake as well. The horse could very easily be coded not to actually run until he gets the knife.

Now what happens if he drops the knife? Maybe the rope rips because it's not strong enough?

Yeah, when Charlotte shows up its almost like a spell was broken. I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be because he'd already escaped and he's used to that sort of dangerous situation, or because he knows that it's merely a game and the intrusion of the real world ruined that moment for him.

So, when Teddy is recalling his massacre of folks in Escalante as the town Sheriff, the scene ends with Angela crouching by the body of one of the people Teddy killed. That looked a lot like Bernard/Arnold, right?

So, when Teddy is recalling his massacre of folks in Escalante as the town Sheriff, the scene ends with Angela crouching by the body of one of the people Teddy killed. That looked a lot like Bernard/Arnold, right?

Not sure, but if it was, then it would make sense given the theory that
Delores is Wyatt

The viral Delos website actually clears some of this up. One of the applications discusses control over bullet velocity in real time, which raises some other questions I guess. Not sure how stabbing would be handled.

We also don't know if the security guy is human.

We don't know if anybody is a fucking human.

Also, weird question: when Bernard was reliving his erased memories, it showed him freezing Theresa in the "practicing" bedroom scene. Was that just a weird narrational/perspective thing or was she also a secret host? They showed her kind of autopsy, so I don't think she was supposed to be. Though when they showed the antennae and stuff they pulled out of the skull-rock crush guy (I think) they implied they'd found it on her when she was supposedly trying to broadcast. What's the deal?

Also, weird question: when Bernard was reliving his erased memories, it showed him freezing Theresa in the "practicing" bedroom scene. Was that just a weird narrational/perspective thing or was she also a secret host? They showed her kind of autopsy, so I don't think she was supposed to be. Though when they showed the antennae and stuff they pulled out of the skull-rock crush guy (I think) they implied they'd found it on her when she was supposedly trying to broadcast. What's the deal?

She's Delores in another timeline.

Westworld (Sundays on HBO)

I was thinking about those two things as well. It seems like she is not, but those two things are hard to argue against.

I was thinking about those two things as well. It seems like she is not, but those two things are hard to argue against.

It also seems obvious that Ford would have a spy on the Delos board too. Would explain why he's never very worried about them.

I wonder if Logan gets killed in the park and become the first robot-disguised-as-human to cover it up. Would explain how a murderous Delores gets to stay in the park. Not sure how they'd age a robot though. Nobody seemed to notice that Bernard never aged.

Back