• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

Not sure how they'd age a robot though. Nobody seemed to notice that Bernard never aged.

I'm still convinced that Bernard has only been there for 10 years, which wouldn't raise too many questions from an aging perspective.

I'm still convinced that Bernard has only been there for 10 years, which wouldn't raise too many questions from an aging perspective.

Also, it seems like there is heavy revolving door of employees (intentionally due to Ford's obstinate nature and whatever) which could mask the aging issue. The bandit that Mauve fucks at the end of the last episode, could that be Logan? It looks like him in a way.

Also, it seems like there is heavy revolving door of employees (intentionally due to Ford's obstinate nature and whatever) which could mask the aging issue. The bandit that Mauve fucks at the end of the last episode, could that be Logan? It looks like him in a way.

the spanish dude host? naw, I'm pretty sure he was shown to exist in the same timeline as Logan really early in the season

We don't know if anybody is a fucking human.

Also, weird question: when Bernard was reliving his erased memories, it showed him freezing Theresa in the "practicing" bedroom scene. Was that just a weird narrational/perspective thing or was she also a secret host? They showed her kind of autopsy, so I don't think she was supposed to be. Though when they showed the antennae and stuff they pulled out of the skull-rock crush guy (I think) they implied they'd found it on her when she was supposedly trying to broadcast. What's the deal?

The way I understood it: Bernard didn't freeze the event as it happened, only the memory. He froze the memory, and is able to analyze it in real time upon reflection.

As for the antenna, I was under the impression that Ford had planted the antenna on her. I can't remember exactly how it went down, but wasn't Elsie meeting with Bernard to tell him about the antenna? So only her, Bernard, and presumably Ford knew about the antenna. Therefor, Bernard kills/subdues Elsie, Ford takes the antenna and plants it on Theresa and everything moves on as Ford intended.

Last edited:
The way I understood it: Bernard didn't freeze the event as it happened, only the memory. He froze the memory, and is able to analyze it in real time upon reflection.

As for the antenna, I was under the impression that Ford had planted the antenna on her. I can't remember exactly how it went down, but wasn't Elsie meeting with Bernard to tell him about the antenna? So only her, Bernard, and presumably Ford knew about the antenna. Therefor, Bernard kills Elsie, Ford takes the antenna and plants it on Theresa and everything moves on as Ford intended.

Agreed.

As for the antenna, I was under the impression that Ford had planted the antenna on her. I can't remember exactly how it went down, but wasn't Elsie meeting with Bernard to tell him about the antenna? So only her, Bernard, and presumably Ford knew about the antenna. Therefor, Bernard kills Elsie, Ford takes the antenna and plants it on Theresa and everything moves on as Ford intended.

are we sure elsie is dead?

are we sure elsie is dead?

Whoops, thought I edited it to say "kills/subdues". No, I'm never convinced anyone is dead until it is shown. It's kind of bizarre that they have left that hanging for so long, considering I'm not exactly sure what role Elsie could play at this point to warrant the suspense.

I think the biggest question remaining for this season is: Who is Ford building in the secret lab? My money is on a new Bernard. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping given how great Jeffery Wright has been.

I think the biggest question remaining for this season is: Who is Ford building in the secret lab? My money is on a new Bernard. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping given how great Jeffery Wright has been.

I've no idea, but I can't imagine any other scenario than whoever is being built in the lab facing off with their human counterpart and killing them. That's so TV.

Also, I have no clue what to say about the episode. I want to say it was amazing/brilliant but I really cannot properly evaluate it right now.

Even when Westworld reveals something you heavily suspected or knew already, there's always more. That had to be one of the best episodes ever of weaving a bunch of storylines together and delivering a coherent landing to all of them. It was like the opposite of Lost. Awesome.

That was fucking awesome.

Last edited:
So basically every single thing that happened was part of Ford's plan, which also fulfills what Arnold wanted from the beginning, and now the robots are able to have some form of consciousness and rebel against humans? Or am I way off?

The Asian who helped the entire time is the absolute worst. Grow a spine, dude. You literally see machines killing tens of humans. And you do absolutely nothing.

Also, great episode.

The Asian who helped the entire time is the absolute worst. Grow a spine, dude. You literally see machines killing tens of humans. And you do absolutely nothing.

Also, great episode.

Do what? That's the whole point. He's completely powerless.

They trusted him. He very easily could have done something. Grab a gun and shoot them. They still die with a shot to the head.

Back