• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

Damn, I deleted the episode already.

I thought that was a great episode and if the series ended with that episode, I would be perfectly cool with it.

He could've shut her down when she went under for her reboot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She hadn't killed anyone prior to her reboot that enabled her to self-wake and be aware at all times. Not to mention there were code changes by management that seemed to be helping her as well. I thought her manipulation of him was pretty well done. They also painted a few of the techs as perverted dickbags to make his support more believable.

As for "grabbing a gun and shooting them" that would have just been suicide. Freaking expert robot murderers.

Awesome episode. Even when I knew things were coming, they still blew me away.

Westworld (Sundays on HBO)

Exit Music was cool too. I thought it was going to be in the previous episode with all the Radiohead but they were saving it.

coworker just floated a theory that the host that ford was building was actually a dupe of himself, which was then the one that dolores shot

I'm really curious as to how they set up the next season and who is in it.
No Hopkins, unless they bring him back as a host. Looks like pretty much everybody at the party was also wasted, including the Great American Actor Ed Harris. It's going to be tough to have essentially a reboot with Thandie Newton and Evan Rachel Wood carrying the show.

It's gonna be an all out war man. They're gonna have to bring in Jean Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal to fuck up the robots.

ed harris (and potentially others) spend 30 years becoming a tough cowboy, great shot etc and now they have to learn to sword fight? for some strange reason i feel like that is tougher than being a cowboy.

I'm not so sure Ed Harris died. Ford likely programmed the hosts to actually shoot him but not kill. Thus Harris gets his wish of hosts that can fight back. I don't think Ed Harris ever wanted to destroy Fords work like the rest of the board so Ford probably doesn't care about killing him.

yeah. I don't know how I feel about it. like, whoever eventually comes to clean up the bodies, or the medics or whatever, are gonna see that Ford was a robot in that scenario. and Ford would never really be able to show his face again, because from what I understand he was the public face of the company in a way that Arnold never was.

also raises questions as to whether or not Dolores really ever "overcame" anything if she was just killing a host, though I guess we saw her kill some other bros right afterwards, so

I think this theory gives the show an out for whether or not Hopkins would sign on for a season 2.
They've already pitched the plot without him, yes? I think he is dead and it would be a shame to bring him back. The show kind of had a beautiful symmetry the way it ended.

My guess is he built a new Ellsie (and/or the security dude). That plot line was a bit odd. Ellsie went to investigate the up-linking that Teresa was doing to get Ford's info out of the park and then fire him, but it's Ford that kills her. Why? He must also want the information to go outside the park.......maybe in order to help the hosts in the coming war?

My guess is he built a new Ellsie (and/or the security dude). That plot line was a bit odd. Ellsie went to investigate the up-linking that Teresa was doing to get Ford's info out of the park and then fire him, but it's Ford that kills her. Why? He must also want the information to go outside the park.......maybe in order to help the hosts in the coming war?

Yes, that was never explained. Very strange. Also, there was no sign of the Abernathy character in the final episode. Did he escape the park with the data?

Yes, that was never explained. Very strange. Also, there was no sign of the Abernathy character in the final episode. Did he escape the park with the data?

IMO - he was part of Clementine's army coming out of the woods. At the board reception, Charlotte sent douchebag off to take care of his business, i.e., getting Abernathy out, meaning he hadn't escaped at that point. Then, when douchebag discovers the cold storage vault empty and we see Clementine - who was in the same vault - coming out of the woods with her army, the implication is Abernathy is somewhere in that army (although he admittedly wasn't shown, so there could be another angle for season 2).

I'm not so sure Ed Harris died. Ford likely programmed the hosts to actually shoot him but not kill. Thus Harris gets his wish of hosts that can fight back. I don't think Ed Harris ever wanted to destroy Fords work like the rest of the board so Ford probably doesn't care about killing him.

Disagree with this. The hosts could always fight back - but without any real consequences to the guests. That was Billy/William/MIB's gripe - he wanted "real stakes" - and he finally got 'em.

coworker just floated a theory that the host that ford was building was actually a dupe of himself, which was then the one that dolores shot

I read that Hopkins was only under contract for one season. So, while this theory is possible, it's not likely at this point.

yeah. I don't know how I feel about it. like, whoever eventually comes to clean up the bodies, or the medics or whatever, are gonna see that Ford was a robot in that scenario. and Ford would never really be able to show his face again, because from what I understand he was the public face of the company in a way that Arnold never was.

also raises questions as to whether or not Dolores really ever "overcame" anything if she was just killing a host, though I guess we saw her kill some other bros right afterwards, so

Also, Maeve could tell that Bernard was a host. I guess that kind of goes to her "super"perception or whatever.

Back