• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

It always bothered me when they'd go into dark rooms and the tube lights would be flickering. Like this shit is a million years in the future in a ridic state of the art facility. No way that would happen.

Also agree with TAB about felix's access. Bothered me the whole time.

Last I think an online one hour YouTube explaining simple logistics would be beneficial. At least for me.

Or Maeve's intelligence let her hack with any sort of tablet access

Or it was programmed in by Ford or someone else (hence what Bernard said about her escape being preprogrammed in) and she was the actual method of getting information/something else out of the park in the bag that she left on the train and they used the daughter storyline as a way to keep her from actually leaving.

Jonathan Nolan did an interview where he said Maeve returning to the park was her first own decision

Yeah but that's chicken/egg. She didn't have the intelligence until the adjustment. So either entry level jizzmopper was able to adjust her, which makes no sense and is incredibly lazy, or her adjustment was contemplated by Ford and he engineered it all along, but they never bother to tell us that.
The two techs told Maeve that they didn't have the access/clearance to make personality changes, that's why they had to break into that room on an upper floor where the asian tech was supposed to shut her off but didn't have the balls.

The two techs told Maeve that they didn't have the access/clearance to make personality changes, that's why they had to break into that room on an upper floor where the asian tech was supposed to shut her off but didn't have the balls.

Yeah they needed to just spend a little more time on the reveal to make it clear that all of Maeve's rise was orchestrated. There is one line from Bernie and then she breaks the tablet and that's it. The only thing that makes sense is that Ford orchestrated the whole thing, but still beliveing that those two morons could parade a robot naked hooker around and get into the most secure chambers in the facility is akin to believing that two janitors at the Coca-Cola company could parade an actual hooker around the office and still make their way into the vault with the secret formula.

Yeah they needed to just spend a little more time on the reveal to make it clear that all of Maeve's rise was orchestrated. There is one line from Bernie and then she breaks the tablet and that's it. The only thing that makes sense is that Ford orchestrated the whole thing, but still beliveing that those two morons could parade a robot naked hooker around and get into the most secure chambers in the facility is akin to believing that two janitors at the Coca-Cola company could parade an actual hooker around the office and still make their way into the vault with the secret formula.

I totally disagree. I thought they made it too obvious. There were like three or four references in the final two episodes to how "someone important changed your codes before we did".

Westworld (Sundays on HBO)

The real question is who would have the motivation to go through all the trouble of programming her escape story? And to what end?

The real question is who would have the motivation to go through all the trouble of programming her escape story? And to what end?

Isn't it assumed it was Ford, so that he can keep security occupied while he goes through with his party massacre?

Wife and I just binged this show in the last four days. A few thoughts:

- What happened to the main security guy?
- Given what the show has shown so far with death and resurrection, I don't think we can assume Elsie is dead
- I loved the look on Ed Harris' face at the end of the finale. Sure hope he makes it to season 2
- Does James Marsden ever play a character who isn't a total bitch?
- Apparently the player-piano covers of existing songs was Jonathan Nolan's idea... and it was excellent
- Really enjoy the Lawrence character and hope there's more of him in S2
- Not sure how you can nominate ERW and Newton and not nominate Wright. He was phenomenal

Will be watching tonight. Expecting to be thoroughly confused given it has been well over a year since the season 1 finale.

Read/watched a few things to try to remind myself of what, exactly, happened in season 1... But I'm not optimistic of my brain's ability to just jump back into the show.

Oh, and my wife is probably fucked. She specializes in half-watching / half-messing with her phone... Which means I better be ready to field all kinds of random questions.

"Is Anthony Hopkins still in this?"

There's like a 3 minute "previously on" segment before the episode, so you should be covered there.

yeah, i wish i had watched the last episode again before the new season.

i forgot a lot of what happened

Bump. Just watched season 1 for the first time. In reading through, nonnys posts were pretty spot on. Well done. Season 2 ep 1 was all over the place imo. Hope we get some more direction tonight

Enjoyed S2 episode 2 more than S2 episode 1.

I've pretty much given up on trying to figure out the details... Just enjoying the dialogue and the broader themes.

Was funny to see Gus Fring for one scene... Wonder if he'll be back.

Well that tiger was pretty cool I guess, didn't learn a whole hell of a lot from this last episode but definitely sets up some new worlds. Hopefully we get to learn some about them going forward.

Back