• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

I'm not really sure what's going on these days.

I enjoyed the 2nd episode the most so far, seemed to move the plot along the best while having a lot of action also. I did like the opening of episode 3 but yeah I'm ready to get moving with all the story lines.

Well, I'm out. I liked season 1 and was excited about season 2 - but both the wife and I decided we were done. It's just not holding our interest at all anymore.

Well, I'm out. I liked season 1 and was excited about season 2 - but both the wife and I decided we were done. It's just not holding our interest at all anymore.

Man, I was really hoping for a Thandie Newton story when I saw who posted. You're slacking, guitardeac!

Still enjoying this season... Though it feels weird that critics seem to like this S2 better than S1 because it is more straightforward. I don't feel that way.

My wife thought I was weird after episode 2 when I told her I was still finding this season confusing. Sometime in the middle of episode 3, I mentioned that I still felt confused about a few things and didn't understand why they were presenting it through two timelines that seem just a few weeks apart.

She was like, "There are two timelines?"

I immediately felt better.

I dunno what y'all are talking about, this season is wayyyy more streamlined than last. The last couple of episodes were about as straightforward narratively as any episodes of the show so far.

I dunno what y'all are talking about, this season is wayyyy more streamlined than last. The last couple of episodes were about as straightforward narratively as any episodes of the show so far.

My confusion is more about the behavior of the hosts... I don't get the rules of the game right now. I get that Dolores is enlightened and Maeve has everything turned up to an 11, but WTF is going on with all of the others?

I agree the story is certainly more straightforward (or at least seems to be at this point)... But I guess I don't know what, specifically, has changed with the hosts to make them revolt.

It's not quite a revolt, though. They're all still operating in their own narratives, it's just that they're coded to identify guests as hosts too, now. Notice how Dolores has to manipulate her army (and, later, the larger army) into fighting the humans by identifying them as a threat within their narratives. Even Teddy doesn't seem to 100% grasp what's happening in terms of the humans' arrivals.

Maeve took a different approach in explaining the revolt to her crew, so they all seem to have broke free at this point.

Bernard seems to be aware he's a host, but I think he's still trying to figure out his best hand at this point. Admittedly, the scenes where he's moving through time midscene have confused me a little.

I'm not sure we've seen any other hosts fighting back against humans as a result of becoming self-aware.

Last edited:
It's not quite a revolt, though. They're all still operating in their own narratives, it's just that they're coded to identify guests as hosts too, now. Notice how Dolores has to manipulate her army (and, later, the larger army) into fighting the humans by identifying them as a threat within their narratives. Even Teddy doesn't seem to 100% grasp what's happening in terms of the humans' arrivals.

Maeve took a different approach in explaining the revolt to her crew, so they all seem to have broke free at this point.

Bernard seems to be aware he's a host, but I think he's still trying to figure out his best hand at this point. Admittedly, the scenes where he's moving through time midscene have confused me a little.

I'm not sure we've seen any other hosts fighting back against humans as a result of becoming self-aware.

Thanks. Helps a bit.

On that last point, what about the massacre at The Raj? Unknown to us at this point, right?

Thanks. Helps a bit.

On that last point, what about the massacre at The Raj? Unknown to us at this point, right?

Not sure exactly what you're talking about. The start of last episode where the guide host killed the hunter dude? Yeah, no idea what happened there yet, and based on what we know right now, I can understand why it'd seem like that breaks the show's current logic.

Not sure exactly what you're talking about. The start of last episode where the guide host killed the hunter dude? Yeah, no idea what happened there yet, and based on what we know right now, I can understand why it'd seem like that breaks the show's current logic.

Yeah, where the guide had killed the couple in the tent, the hunter, then went after the very attractive lady. There were also other hosts "missing," according to that lady (who clearly knew her shit about the park). Also, the tiger chased her outside the realm of The Raj.

The show went out of its way to let us know that both the hunter and the lady with her tits hanging out were humans.

I'm not expecting you to have answers... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Remember that time you were living in a society advanced enough to develop fictional worlds with life like robots and your military tactics are to walk in a straight line like it’s the civil war while taking casualties from bolt action rifles.

Remember that time you were living in a society advanced enough to develop fictional worlds with life like robots and your military tactics are to walk in a straight line like it’s the civil war while taking casualties from bolt action rifles.

Yeah, but you have to admit the dune buggys are cool.

Simple question: why can the bullets now kill humans but before they couldn't? It's the same guns, no? Same bullets, no? The hosts used to shoot at the guests and now they still do -- but successfully?

Simple question: why can the bullets now kill humans but before they couldn't? It's the same guns, no? Same bullets, no? The hosts used to shoot at the guests and now they still do -- but successfully?

Same guns but they are now programmed to identify all targets as hosts.

Just a simple software update. Sure.

An easy fix. Like if you want you actors to smoke cigarettes in space. One line of dialogue, "thank God we created the, you know, whatever device."

Deuce ex machina

I don't get what Ford's master plan here is. He did a software update to make the hosts aware which made them go on a killing spree. Was he just trying to give them their freedom and didn't realize they'd go nuts? Did he decide that all the people that come here are awful and should die?

I don't get what Ford's master plan here is. He did a software update to make the hosts aware which made them go on a killing spree. Was he just trying to give them their freedom and didn't realize they'd go nuts? Did he decide that all the people that come here are awful and should die?
I think Ford found out what Delos was really using the park for (mass data mining of the visitors and/or blackmail on every affluent visitor possible), and he tried to stop it through other means first but eventually resorted to what is currently happening as his last option. Whether the hosts fail or succeed, he likely has put a stop to the data mining. Furthermore, I think we'll probably find out a lot more in regards to his motives and ultimate plans through Doleres & Maeve as the season plays out.

In terms of why other parks are rebelling too, I assume that Ford (and Arnold?) was the mastermind for all of the parks and the show just decided to not indicate as much so that Raj World and Shogun World were more of a shock for the viewers. So he likely could have uploaded a massive update to every host in every park while the viewers assumed he was only exercising control over West World.

Back