• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

I thought last night's episode was the best of the season so far, by a wide margin. Still skeptical of the direction as a whole, but at least last night was entertaining and understandable.

I thought last night's episode was the best of the season so far, by a wide margin. Still skeptical of the direction as a whole, but at least last night was entertaining and understandable.

I agree. I wonder what side Bernard will eventually fall on as he makes his own decisions?

Yup. The most recent episode was probably the best of the series. Definitely elevated how I feel about the show. Good stuff all around. Excited to see where it goes from here.

Alright I think I really am done with this show. It was a decent run I suppose

I really enjoyed the Shogun World episode. I'm still not sure what's going on, but I liked the episode.

Not being a Wu Tang aficionado, I missed C.R.E.A.M.

I liked Shogun World a lot. Really dug the dynamic between the doppelgangers-- the scene where the two non-Maeve ladies were staring at each other's face tattoos made me laugh pretty hard. Sizemore is also really coming into his own this season as comic relief... The repeated "wait, that's not supposed to happen"s were pretty good.

I find myself caring less and less about Dolores/Teddy, though. I read that she wiped his memory at the end, but who cares? The arc with Maeve's gang is asking a lot of the same questions, and doing a better job with them.

That episode was not good. Could barely stay awake.

There's just way too many story lines that aren't getting enough attention. It feels like it's setting up for a Maeve vs Dolores final battle, but there's also the Dolores vs Humans storyline with her dad.

And Ed Harris is just trying to survive. And I don't think Anthony Hopkins comes back, but they have that possibility with the William scenes and his father-in-law.

I'm going to keep watching but just too much going on right now.

the show is in the verge of derailing. Too confusing, writing is becoming cliche, bad acting plus storylines that are distractions rather than additions. they are becoming Lost-like in that they have put in so many "clues" that it is apparent they are not going to resolve the purpose of them all. There are hidden passages and tunnels everywhere that one is conveniently needed. the "comic relief" humans are just incredibly annoying. one scene that stood out as awful was the arrow hitting the post between of them. straight out of a terrible action movie. and the human employees are acting way too cool & composed especially when you've had a real life massacre of a few dozen of your guests. yet their only concern is smuggling abernathy out? I don't think so. The tech girl from the cave - she looked pretty damn good for being there for a while. and since she has been there since before all hell broke loose, was she not the slightest bit concerned when she went in the secret passage to see a few human scientists murdered on the floor? She would not have known that real people were getting slaughtered and yet she was not freaked out at all.

I am convinced that like Lost, the writers only had season 1 planned out, and are winging it here in season 2. the only remotely cool thing is the father in law who was resurrected 149 times.

I've got this week's show recorded but am not really looking forward to watching it

There's just way too many story lines that aren't getting enough attention. It feels like it's setting up for a Maeve vs Dolores final battle, but there's also the Dolores vs Humans storyline with her dad.

And Ed Harris is just trying to survive. And I don't think Anthony Hopkins comes back, but they have that possibility with the William scenes and his father-in-law.

I'm going to keep watching but just too much going on right now.

I thought Ed Harris was just trying to survive too, but in his most recent battle scene in the episode before last, he was shot multiple times with no impact. How did we get back to that? I thought all bullets do damage now?

I liked this season better than the first until Sunday’s episode which I thought was pretty poor.

Maeve is the most interesting AI character but they can’t spend too long with her detached from the main narrative. They’ve made William infinitely more interesting this year but the trade off to me has been Dolores. Any time she’s on screen with Teddy I want to stick a fork in my eye.

My wife is close to out. I'm hanging in there. The above criticisms are valid. I remain hopeful they can pull it out of the ditch because I really like the subject matter.

I thought Ed Harris was just trying to survive too, but in his most recent battle scene in the episode before last, he was shot multiple times with no impact. How did we get back to that? I thought all bullets do damage now?
Is this true? I may have to go rewatch because I didn't notice this.

I could have sworn he went to a bar and got a hidden modern medical kit out from behind the wall to treat himself with (he admitted to "cheating" to Lawrence). Am I mis-remembering that? He was shot, but only in non-critical locations it seemed like (shoulder? arm? I'd have to go back to watch to be sure), so it is feasible with futuristic med-tech he could have treated that himself.

the "comic relief" humans are just incredibly annoying. one scene that stood out as awful was the arrow hitting the post between of them. straight out of a terrible action movie. and the human employees are acting way too cool & composed especially when you've had a real life massacre of a few dozen of your guests. yet their only concern is smuggling abernathy out? I don't think so.

I thought that the reason they had the arrow hit right between them was to show there are still aspects of the worlds where scripts are playing out - even if the robots haven't realized it yet. That would be a part of the "immersive" experience. Maybe it's just poor writing.

The major concern re: Abernathy is clearly whatever data/files/IP stored on him. I don't think it's too far afield at all for a multi-billion dollar company to have the major concern be to recover their critical data/IP at any and all costs regardless of the number of deaths. Cynical perhaps but certainly not unheard of.

They went from one of the best episodes of the series to one of the worst.

No reason it can't get back on track this week, though.

Back