• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

I could have sworn he went to a bar and got a hidden modern medical kit out from behind the wall to treat himself with (he admitted to "cheating" to Lawrence). Am I mis-remembering that? He was shot, but only in non-critical locations it seemed like (shoulder? arm? I'd have to go back to watch to be sure), so it is feasible with futuristic med-tech he could have treated that himself.

You're right, he took hits in non vital locations and with that emergency kit he took he should be fine.

And for everyone surprised that the show is derailing this soon, you must have never read any of Michael Crichton's novels. I went through a phase when I was younger where I thought it was cool to binge read every novel an author had written, and had the misfortune to bulk buy all of Crichton's stuff at an Ed McKay one day. Some really good story ideas, but they normally fizzled out into a shit show of non linear plot lines and super weak, blatant, and opinionated allegory about whatever hot button media issue of the time.

Last edited:
They went from one of the best episodes of the series to one of the worst.

No reason it can't get back on track this week, though.

and... nope.

The train part is cool for the 30 seconds. They chose to spend 20 minutes on a dead end shogun story line. Was buying in to the first part of the season as a set-up. It's clear now the payoff likely won't be worth it.

I liked the Ghost Nation dude because he's the badass motherfucker from season 2 of Fargo.

Starting to get back on track. Really enjoyed the last couple of episodes. Starting to touch on a lot of the moral questions that intrigued me about the series to start. Ghost nation dude is awesome and love seeing Hopkins in these episodes. I'm back on board baby!

also Mave has to be the AI personality of ghost nation wife. That's why he's looking out for the daughter the whole time.

IMO, last night's episode was great - at least in part - because it was a focused story rather than a convoluted mash-up of 4-5 stories and timelines. It also helped that it was beautifully shot and the Ghost Nation actor fucking crushed it.

Another good episode, but at this point, with only one episode left, I just don't think the season is salvageable, and maybe not even the show.

I feel bad for the people who've jumped ship. This show is firing on all cylinders right now.

Pretty fucked up when Billy tried to cut into Emily's arm to find the USB hookup

I think we got the confirm that he's human with the scanner though. The security team stopped scanning Emily before William killed them, though, which seemed to be deliberate on the show's part. I sorta think she was a host after all, and human Emily could return to assist a redemption arc for William.

I feel bad for the people who've jumped ship. This show is firing on all cylinders right now.

Agree with this. We basically have most of the plots coming together here. The show is focused and very good. I don't get the hate after the last couple of episodes.

Yeah I was starting to lose faith when everything was such a mess at the beginning of the season. Now you have the plot lines tightening up while the characters themselves are unravelling. These last few episodes have easily made up for the frustrations of the early season haphazardness. The two reaction moments from Ed Harris and the Dolores actress were pretty awesome.

I have a feeling that if you were to go back and watch the early S2 eps after this season ends, they'll be a lot more satisfying. Doesn't make up for the fact that they were a letdown in the moment, and it's frustrating that the show still struggles with that trade-off, but I think the season as a whole has been pretty good.

But then, I also really dug the Shogun World diversion (speaking of, I'm not really sure I understand the folks who hated Shogun World but loved the Ghost Nation episode?), so maybe I'm in the minority here.

But then, I also really dug the Shogun World diversion (speaking of, I'm not really sure I understand the folks who hated Shogun World but loved the Ghost Nation episode?), so maybe I'm in the minority here.

The Ghost Nation episode was masterfully done and answered a lingering question people had. The Shogun episode was forced and more of a "Hey look! Cowboys and samurai!" at a time when people were seeking clarity. The episode could have worked, but placing a filler episode in the middle of the cluster that was the beginning of season 2 was just ill-advised.

I do agree that maybe the earlier episodes will be better after we know more about where everyone was going all along.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the show has found it's footing again after bringing Ford back. His philosophy ties everything together.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that if you were to go back and watch the early S2 eps after this season ends, they'll be a lot more satisfying. Doesn't make up for the fact that they were a letdown in the moment, and it's frustrating that the show still struggles with that trade-off, but I think the season as a whole has been pretty good.
I don't remember if it was said here or somewhere else but it is very true that Westworld is a show that suffers from having one week between episodes (assuming people aren't purposely holding off on watching). It is a much better viewing experience when you can binge watch the season over a few days.

Back