• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

I really enjoyed it. It's pretty wild and trippy. I would defs check it out. And since it's only two seasons the time commitment isn't that heavy.

Sweet, thanks, I've passed by it a number of times when browsing but have never dived in. I think I have something against the lead, it might just be his face. I can get over that, though, I've gotten over my Ethan Hawke hatred of his punchable face for the most part, and if I can do that, I can do it for anyone.

Is it up on HBOGo? I can't check at work.

I think there were some easter eggs from the movies in the first episode, but I need to re-watch the movies to confirm

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

nvm, this is all of it confirmed

https://www.google.com/amp/fansided...-theory-show-directly-connected-to-movie/amp/

In the series premiere, “The Original,” head programmer Bernard Lowe is notified of an issue with some of the hosts (the series’ artificial people) in cold storage. He accompanies Luke Hemsworth’s Ashley Stubbs and his security detail to B83, a sub-basement far below the main Westworld operating facility.

When they arrive, the place doesn’t look like a storage facility at all, but rather an abandoned office complex. It’s got multiple levels, escalators, and a large globe.

Fans of the movie might remember that Delos, the parent company of the original “West World,” used a globe as part of its logo. A visit to the official site for the new series declares that Westworld is “A Delos Destination.”

Follow along here. Bernard mentions in conversation with Theresa Cullen that it’s been 30 years since the park has had a “critical failure.” Even without considering the Westworld film, it’s easy to read that as an incident where the fake humans hurt the real ones.

But that remark takes on a whole new meaning if the series acts like the movie really happened. What if the critical failure was the robots of the movie running amok and killing the guests? Since we aren’t sure exactly when the movie or the series are set, it’s not hard to imagine 30 years have passed.

Surely, though, people would just stop visiting after the original West World tragedy, right? Not necessarily. The movie’s lesser loved sequel, Futureworld, had people continuing to visit the Delos theme parks after massive amounts of money were spent to ensure they were safer. Even if Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy and company jettison that movie and the Beyond Westworld series from their continuity (not a bad move, honestly), that same idea could apply here.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I heard so people could watch the debate so if that's the case, probably not for episode three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^Me neither. It looks like it should be good. Great sets, cinematography, as a show it looks like a million bucks, but it doesnt really deliver as a drama so far.

There are some legitimately annoying characters, foremost the super precocious little limey soap opera writer. Stop yelling all the time and taking yourself so effing seriously you little shit.

I am also sort of done on Jeffrey Wright. Dude is talented I guess, but he has no chill and no nuance to any of his performances, he is just always "super intense arrogant aloof and probably shady guy" Same exact character with no range whether he is a CIA dude in bond, the black mobster in Boardwalk, or here.

I guess we are supposed to pull for Evan Rachel Wood and Marsden, but I mean what is their endgame? Revolt and then do what? Go live in the real world?

Also Ed Harris starts out as super creepy and then by ep 2 you realize that he is just a shriveled old dude playing dress up with toys, like you arent really tough cowboy if no one can shoot you back. That would be fun for like a weekend but if you win every time it would get old quick.

Ill prolly keep watching but so far just meh.

I am also sort of done on Jeffrey Wright. Dude is talented I guess, but he has no chill and no nuance to any of his performances, he is just always "super intense arrogant aloof and probably shady guy" Same exact character with no range whether he is a CIA dude in bond, the black mobster in Boardwalk, or here.

Yeah, but he killed it in Shaft.

To each their own, love it so far. I was a huge Ex Machina fan, has a pretty similar feel to it.

This has the potential to be a very cool show. I just hope the production value isn't so high that it gets cancelled after a two or three years like Rome, Carnivale or Deadwood. I think at the time of their cancellation they were each the most expensive show to produce.

carnivale did not have many people watching (though i enjoyed it).rome and deadwood had costs even above the actual production if i recall but i am blanking. on the other hand game of thrones is 50+ million for season 1. that's 5 per ep min. with got going away hbo will put money into something that has traction.

note: a quick google search tells me season six was 10m per ep.

I guess we are supposed to pull for Evan Rachel Wood and Marsden, but I mean what is their endgame? Revolt and then do what? Go live in the real world?

Also Ed Harris starts out as super creepy and then by ep 2 you realize that he is just a shriveled old dude playing dress up with toys, like you arent really tough cowboy if no one can shoot you back. That would be fun for like a weekend but if you win every time it would get old quick.

Disagree on Jeffrey Wright, he's captivating. Its the Ed Harris stuff which sucks IMO. And I can quote every goddamn line he ever spoke in the Rock. I know you will respond but I am aware of your counter measures, and you know, and I know they don't stand a chance.

I mean how many times do you want to see an entire posse slaughtered or see someone have everyone they love killed in front of them. A little much for 2 episodes in, how do they up the ante?

theory from The Watch

The Watch put out a theory that the man from episode 2 that chose the white hat is not on the same timeline as Ed Harris' character and that he is Ed Harris' character when he first gets to the park. Cites the train station looking different when he arrived.

theory from The Watch

The Watch put out a theory that the man from episode 2 that chose the white hat is not on the same timeline as Ed Harris' character and that he is Ed Harris' character when he first gets to the park. Cites the train station looking different when he arrived.

Whoa. Also, he will never be anyone but Liam McPoyle to me.

theory from The Watch

No -- when Harris is killing his like third entire town the people in the control room say something like "we have a guest who is getting a little frisky" or something, and the response is "he can do whatever he wants" like he is a VIP or something. When they mention him they are the same age as they are during all this other ish.

I just don't see how you can feel like a badass killing towns of people knowing they can't hurt you back. Why even get theatrical with it at this point?

Back