• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

I mean how many times do you want to see an entire posse slaughtered or see someone have everyone they love killed in front of them. A little much for 2 episodes in, how do they up the ante?

Yeah agree. I think the point is that they have to show the brutality that these semi-sentient hosts are put through on a daily basis as part of the foundation of them eventually going nuts. You already see the prostitute/madame's flashbacks triggering her aggressive behavior.

Still though there is really no build, no nuance -- which is completely the opposite of Ex Machina.

No -- when Harris is killing his like third entire town the people in the control room say something like "we have a guest who is getting a little frisky" or something, and the response is "he can do whatever he wants" like he is a VIP or something. When they mention him they are the same age as they are during all this other ish.

the control team? I don't remember, are they visible with the new guy?

Not simultaneously, but there is a scene where he is doing sadistic shit and then it cuts to the control room where they are talking about something else and a worker bee dude comes up to a supervisor and says "dude is going HAM, what should we do" and they say leave him alone and then resume dealing with some other plot on the show.

Not simultaneously, but there is a scene where he is doing sadistic shit and then it cuts to the control room where they are talking about something else and a worker bee dude comes up to a supervisor and says "dude is going HAM, what should we do" and they say leave him alone and then resume dealing with some other plot on the show.

This is correct.

that was for ed harris character right? so we know he is current day, but what about the white hat guy? How do we know he isn't a younger Ed Harris?

Disagree there's no nuance. They laid it out in the first episode. The park is one thing to the guests, another to the shareholders, and something completely different to management. Ex Machina has its dancing sex toys on the surface, then the darker reality is uncovered later. Westworld is doing a good job in my opinion of making the brutal moments often goofy/childish (the guy shooting the bandit dude before he could say his big speech for example), and the whole fly thing was great. Kudos to those who saw the fly land on the guy's face and immediately realized the desire to swat the fly and the inability to hurt a living thing caused his glitch - with the girl killing the fly as the culmination of the episode. In the meantime you've got hoards of forgotten robots filling dark catacombs... They may or may not pull it off but I dig the layers so far and think there's tons of potential.

So it's basically just a sci fi about when AI takes over the world?

That with tits.

Srsly though. I am not sure where else it could go. They talk about an 'incident' like 30 years ago, and now the robots are going wackadoodle again, so that is where they are headed, hopefully with a twist or two.

My biggest question is how to they clean the robots after they have been gangbanged/scalped/both? Like is it some sort of futuristic atomizer that guarantess all genetic material has been erradicated, or is it just like a gas station car wash with rainbow foam that they run them through?

For 50K a day, I really dont want to be banging out robots with 5 year old Ed Harris jizz leaking out of them.

Thought it was interesting that the robot hooker had MRSA because it hadn't been cleaned properly, that's pretty fucked up. It's an interesting confliction with Anthony Hopkins saying that visitors come back for the small details.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

That with tits.

Srsly though. I am not sure where else it could go. They talk about an 'incident' like 30 years ago, and now the robots are going wackadoodle again, so that is where they are headed, hopefully with a twist or two.

My biggest question is how to they clean the robots after they have been gangbanged/scalped/both? Like is it some sort of futuristic atomizer that guarantess all genetic material has been erradicated, or is it just like a gas station car wash with rainbow foam that they run them through?

For 50K a day, I really dont want to be banging out robots with 5 year old Ed Harris jizz leaking out of them.

I feel like they covered this a little by showing all the hosts in the big shower room in ep 2. B for real... they'd really need to get all up in some to clean them thoroughly.

That with tits.

Had the exact same thought watching all the banging

I think the show has some potential and there will definitely be some good plot twists that we won't see coming. I think an obvious one will be some people are actually robots. For example, the chick that works for corporate that smokes is actually a robot. I think Jeffrey Wright's character has actually created her. Might have had a thing for her and it didn't work out or something so he killed her and then replaced her with a robot so that he could have a pretend secret robot girlfriend that rejected him in real life. Just a wild guess...but I see them dropping some kind of twist on us like that at some point.

I'm pretty sure the that the little boy robot that Anthony Hopkins talks to is actually himself as a little boy, that he created.

Last edited:
Or his brother/son that died tragically

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I mean how many times do you want to see an entire posse slaughtered or see someone have everyone they love killed in front of them. A little much for 2 episodes in, how do they up the ante?

I feel like this is missing the entire fucking point (though, yeah, it's plama, so).

I thought it was pretty clear they were juxtaposing the Man in Black's non-murders (which, yeah, we've been purposefully desensitized to, and yeah, purposefully carry no suspense) with the very real threat of decommission for some of the hosts, which is a lot closer to real "death" as far as the viewer is concerned. The stuff with the Man in Black this episode worked really well when you consider what it added to Maeve's storyline.

There's definitely some timefuckery going on, though. We see Marsden's character in cleanup here, but we've also seen him "initialized" in at least 3 separate storylines in the pilot alone, and he appeared in 2 more separate instances in this ep. Do we have any idea yet what sort of loop the park is running on? If McPoyle & Friend are on a different loop than the ones we saw in Ep 1, then that means that the Man in Black has stayed in the park through loops, which would mean there's no maximum stay in the park? Not sure logistically how the park would enforce stays in order to gel with narrative loops, though.

I agree. I think the show is purposefully de-sensitizing you to the deaths of the bots.

I thought about timelines and loops when Maeve is recalling or dreaming about that Indian slaughter before one of the bad guys turns into Ed Harris, because that Indian looks like a warrior from the newly proposed storyline that gets shot down by Ford, but maybe their Indian warriors have always looked like that.

Back