• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

Maybe some of the memories are actually seeing into the future

Time is a flat circle, afterall

Rusty Cole visiting Westworld would be pretty cool!

Any guesses as to why a description of the maze was inside of Kissy's scalp? The actor that played Kissy, Eddie Rouse, apparently passed away almost 2 years ago....12/7/14.

And agreed that White Hat is most likely Maze Guy, and we're seeing the 30 years between the two incidents.

- We know White Hat has a liking for blue dress and Maze Guy mentions "after 30 years you still don't remember me"
- While we saw that Maze Guy exists in modern day time, I don't believe we've seen anything that links White Hat's time period to that of today

I have a feeling we'll see one point where White Hat comes back and chooses a Black Hat, being a sign of his turning. Mostly as a result for falling in love with Blue Dress. He is then trying to solve the maze as a way to save her and the others or something of that sort.

I also think the photo of the girl in NYC is White Hat's girlfriend back home. And in one of his trips, he brings that postcard into the world.

And agreed that White Hat is most likely Maze Guy, and we're seeing the 30 years between the two incidents.

- We know White Hat has a liking for blue dress and Maze Guy mentions "after 30 years you still don't remember me"
- While we saw that Maze Guy exists in modern day time, I don't believe we've seen anything that links White Hat's time period to that of today

I have a feeling we'll see one point where White Hat comes back and chooses a Black Hat, being a sign of his turning. Mostly as a result for falling in love with Blue Dress. He is then trying to solve the maze as a way to save her and the others or something of that sort.

I also think the photo of the girl in NYC is White Hat's girlfriend back home. And in one of his trips, he brings that postcard into the world

I think these are all probably correct, and that last one was something I hadn't thought of. The only problem with this I see is that it seems too easy, there has to be some sort of twist to it we're missing but that's why we'll keep watching.

I'm loving it so far, very excited for the next episode.

Whoa. Also, he will never be anyone but Liam McPoyle to me.

tumblr_lfel0epIcP1qczhono1_500.png

Who is maze guy? White hat is the dude who wouldn't fuck the hooker

RU saying White Hat Guy who wouldn't fuck robot hooker is Maze Guy is Man in Black ?

Didn't the end scene sort of do the opposite to that theory? Dolores put the gun the haystack due to the memories of the Man in Black raping her & then had the shootout to end up in the man in white's arms. How can you explain that was 30 years ago?

So I guess the robots memory starts over each morning but there is continuity in the actual world? Like you can leave objects somewhere and they'll be there/not reset the next day?

So I guess the robots memory starts over each morning but there is continuity in the actual world? Like you can leave objects somewhere and they'll be there/not reset the next day?

Yeah, I think so. The physical world doesn't change. The robot's memory simply reboots. That would explain the human security guard and robot worker traveling around.

I'm not sure it's on a daily cycle. They've made it clear that certain robots are on multi-day narratives.

Stupid question probably, but wonder how the bumping into the guy soon after getting off the train will come back to mean something? Or maybe it won't. But it has to indicate something.

Pacing needs work. We're not getting details very quickly and repeating these fugues is showing us minor changes when programming changes but it's also taking up a lot of screen time. At this point I'm having a hard time giving a shit about any on world stuff since the humans can't get hurt and the robots are robots. I'm intrigued by some of the questions the show is asking though, and willing to give it time to develop. Still, we need some stakes here. It's been three eps and the character motivations are not unfolding.

By far the best part of the show is Evan Rachel Wood's acting. Everything else looks great, but not sure if good. The suuuper long expository scene with Anthony Hopkins and Jeffery Wright re: the origin was I'm sure supposed to be significant, but hella boring.

Back