• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

By far the best part of the show is Evan Rachel Wood's acting. Everything else looks great, but not sure if good. The suuuper long expository scene with Anthony Hopkins and Jeffery Wright re: the origin was I'm sure supposed to be significant, but hella boring.

You know she's from Raleigh, right ? And her fad runs Theater in the Park.

By far the best part of the show is Evan Rachel Wood's acting. Everything else looks great, but not sure if good. The suuuper long expository scene with Anthony Hopkins and Jeffery Wright re: the origin was I'm sure supposed to be significant, but hella boring.

dang man, you were so close to hanging out with ERW on the reg eating fancy cheeses and talking about westworld and Marilyn Manson and stuff

The 2nd best thing about the show is pausing multiple times during episode and accusing Wife that she would totally bone one of the sex robots.

this is pretty cool:

http://delosincorporated.com/#corp-resources

it shows the possible outcomes for Dolores. Basically boils down to three scenarios: guest picks up can, teddy picks up can, or nobody picks up the can because Teddy is distracted. At least half the time, she goes back to her house being attacked by bandits.

Last edited:
And agreed that White Hat is most likely Maze Guy, and we're seeing the 30 years between the two incidents.

- We know White Hat has a liking for blue dress and Maze Guy mentions "after 30 years you still don't remember me"
- While we saw that Maze Guy exists in modern day time, I don't believe we've seen anything that links White Hat's time period to that of today

I have a feeling we'll see one point where White Hat comes back and chooses a Black Hat, being a sign of his turning. Mostly as a result for falling in love with Blue Dress. He is then trying to solve the maze as a way to save her and the others or something of that sort.

So is this debunked because of Deloris having the flashback of the Man in the Black Hat in the barn, and then runs to William (Man in the White Hat) in the same timeline?

Not officially debunked, I don't think. They haven't done anything that couldn't be explained away, but it doesn't seem like that theory works.

I thought episode 4 was very good... episode 3 had me worried in spots.

It has been said before, but the casting in this show is great. Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, and Evan Rachel Wood are all perfect for their roles and knocking the cover off the ball. Marsden, Newton, and Wright are all very good, as well.

Very much enjoying this show... Though there is a lot going on and even more we don't know.

Loved the Cure on the piano this ep.

Great episode overall. Everything is unfolding nicely and I am glad they are slowly developing the plot. Keeps me guessing.

So is this debunked because of Deloris having the flashback of the Man in the Black Hat in the barn, and then runs to William (Man in the White Hat) in the same timeline?
I thought it was debunked but now I'm not so sure. Mave drew the same picture repeatedly after presumably being wiped clean so that means Delores may have heard voices and dug up the gun repeatedly too. It seems a bit odd that she would be doing that for a lot of years though.....long enough for White Hat to become Man in Black.

A couple of things I found interesting. Man in Black is famous outside the park and saves people. Made me wonder if he knew Arnold from outside which is why he's searching. The indian religion seemed a little out of place....that the behavioral people would let them deify a figure so closely related to their operation. But then again Ford talks about being Gods in the park so maybe it fits.

Good episode and great acting by ERW.

Last edited:
I have no idea what this show even is or if its good, but I'm down with Anthony Hopkins Ed Harris scenes, and its captivating even if I dont understand what the hell I'm watching.

Feels like the show's hitting its sweet spot. There's a quiet sense of dread building and I'm excited about where it's heading. Did anyone else feel like they were implying Anthony Hopkins was an android when Ed Harris talked about opening him up?

This show is so compelling. Another great episode. Got the feeling the maze might be a solution to get to Ford designed by Arnold - maybe allowing AI to confront the real world, turn the tables on the creator and their control, etc... Wonder how many secrets will be revealed in season 1... Regardless, awesome show.

Agree w/ DCDeac. Another great episode.

This was the episode that took me from "enjoying this because it is interesting" to "I fucking love this show."

There are so many things going on that are confusing and uncertain, but that is building tension due to the great cast of characters and dialogue. The scene with Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins was phenomenal. I don't think it implies Ford is an android... I just thought it was another opportunity to show off how powerful he is in the park.

The theory of William being the Man in Black seems more and more likely, but less and less a real "twist"... Just a way of telling the story in a compelling way.

Very excited to see where this goes over the next few weeks.

2 problems I have. 1. if William is MIB then everything ERW is talking about with him is for naught, as she is still going through the same progressions in present day. 2, what is up with ERW's hair extension? I would think if she was ever going to show her robo-bombs, it would have been this ep.

Boston, I think what could be happening w/ ERW is that she is a big part of the initial hiccup ~30 years ago (William timeline), but gets "reset" and is just "waking up" again in the present day. William sees glimpses of the maze with her ~30 years ago, but she doesn't share all she knows before she's "reset" and he spends 30 years becoming the Man in Black trying to figure it out without her help.

2 problems I have. 1. if William is MIB then everything ERW is talking about with him is for naught, as she is still going through the same progressions in present day. 2, what is up with ERW's hair extension? I would think if she was ever going to show her robo-bombs, it would have been this ep.
re: point 1. if he tries to run with erw and finds out he can't get away does that drive him from being a white hat into full on "black hat - i'll do anything to save her or get revenge" mode? he thinks the maze will save her. or that's how it started. 30 years later he's now just obsessed with finishing what he started rather than saving her.

Interesting nod to the people who think the piano player is an Arnold bot (or further stretch, that it's actually Arnold). There is clearly someone playing the piano before Ford sits down with Ed Harris. Afterward, the camera pans to an empty piano seat with the piano still playing.

If the stuff with Liam McPoyle is happening 30 years ago, then why are Delores and the other robots the same as they are in the current timeline with Ed Harris? Shouldn't they be more like the old school cowboy robot that Anthony Hopkins is drinking with in the lab? Seems like it's been established that technology evolved in the 30 years since the stuff with Arnold and whatnot, so why are the robots in the Liam McPoyle timeline the same technology?

Interesting nod to the people who think the piano player is an Arnold bot (or further stretch, that it's actually Arnold). There is clearly someone playing the piano before Ford sits down with Ed Harris. Afterward, the camera pans to an empty piano seat with the piano still playing.

My wife cleared this up for me (to a degree). There is rarely anyone playing the piano... It is usually just playing by itself. In the scene with Ford, she thought it was Ford sitting and playing the piano (I agree). He is playing something unusual for the setting. When he leaves, he switches it back to the normal Western-style with it playing on its own.

Back