• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

Westworld (Sundays on HBO)

Man in the Black is William. Marrying Juliet gives him a path toward Board spot. It makes sense that he left the park and married Juliet but was never fully there. Juliet dies and he goes back to figure out what snagged him (Delores and her reality) when he first went with Logan.

Last edited:
At some point during every episode I'm impressed with how thought provoking this show is, and at another point in every episode I'm irritated with how intentionally confusing they have made it.

Man in the Black is William. Marrying Juliet gives him a path toward Board spot. It makes sense that he left the park and married Juliet but was never fully there. Juliet dies and he goes back to figure out what snagged him (Delores and her reality) when he first went with Logan.
But he goes back and rapes her a few times in between?

I've suspected all along that the barn scene that's framed as rape is intended to mislead us. The MiB says something like " ok Delores, let's start from the beginning" as if he was interrogating her instead. Or I think we see him stab her in the stomach. Probably trying to induce sentience through embodied trauma like with Mauve.

I'm still waiting for the gun Dolores dug up and hid in her drawer. She was guided to it by her "interior monologue", Arnold. A human character is definitely about to get shot with it.

I just can't figure out what William has been doing in the park for thirty years if not searching for the maze.

Not too many new answers for me in this most recent episode, but some holes were filled in. I spent the whole of thanksgiving watching and rewatching this stuff with my sister and discussing it in detail. Best show of its kind since Lost, in my opinion.

Have lots more thoughts but can't think of them at the moment.

I also can't get over the fact that we're about to get hardcore prestiged in the final episode. We've already been inceptioned. The only thing I can think of is that Mauve's sentience and host rebellion is the new narrative Ford has been working on all along.

I've suspected all along that the barn scene that's framed as rape is intended to mislead us. The MiB says something like " ok Delores, let's start from the beginning" as if he was interrogating her instead. Or I think we see him stab her in the stomach. Probably trying to induce sentience through embodied trauma like with Mauve.

I'm still waiting for the gun Dolores dug up and hid in her drawer. She was guided to it by her "interior monologue", Arnold. A human character is definitely about to get shot with it.

I just can't figure out what William has been doing in the park for thirty years if not searching for the maze.

Not too many new answers for me in this most recent episode, but some holes were filled in. I spent the whole of thanksgiving watching and rewatching this stuff with my sister and discussing it in detail. Best show of its kind since Lost, in my opinion.

Have lots more thoughts but can't think of them at the moment.

I also can't get over the fact that we're about to get hardcore prestiged in the final episode. We've already been inceptioned. The only thing I can think of is that Mauve's sentience and host rebellion is the new narrative Ford has been working on all along.

I, too, feel that scene is intentionally misleading. I think MIB aka William has not been hardcore for 30 years about this. As he noted, he was hot and cold in the real world (a star). My guess is that there were periods of time where he tried to make it work outside of Westworld and Dolores. Additionally, I think Delores is going to shoot Logan and this may be what brings William out of the park and toward Juliet in the past period.

This is why the Man in Black plot line fails so hard. I think this is what we have to look forward to when millennials become geriatrics. Let's play an elaborate game of dress up to try and fix the one thing that went wrong in our life of being a billionaire.

Srsly tho, you are rich AF, you are on the board of the company, and you still cant figure out a fucking VR game, in 30 years? There are just still NO stakes here, and that yada yadad info dump to Cyclops made it even worse. It was better not knowing. Now we know he is just a pathetic loser with a robot boner.

This show is a dumpster fire. Will watch finale but unless there is like an all out war where all the humans get smoked and the robots start their own planet with Dr. Narcisse as their king, I am out.

I'm no billionaire, but I still like Pac-man.

Its not like these are hottakes.

There are a lot of decent media critics that agree that the show is a mess. A pretty, expensive mess, but a humorless, emotionless confusing mess nonetheless.

I'm really just disappointed more than anything. Competent show runners could do a lot with that budged plus Hopkins, Harris, Newton, Cyclops, Narcisse, and Marliyn Manson's ex.

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/westworld-the-well-tempered-clavier-review/

How can Bernard be Arnold and people not notice? Maybe the whole Arnold character is a fabricated memory as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can Bernard be Arnold and people not notice? Maybe the whole Arnold character is a fabricated memory as well?

it was established that a significant amount of time (20+ years iirc) had passed between arnold's death and bernard's creation, and a few characters have mentioned that arnold was secretive and reclusive, and that ford had destroyed most images/records of him.

i agree that it's a slight stretch, but hardly impossible

it was established that a significant amount of time (20+ years iirc) had passed between arnold's death and bernard's creation, and a few characters have mentioned that arnold was secretive and reclusive, and that ford had destroyed most images/records of him.

i agree that it's a slight stretch, but hardly impossible

I do not believe Arnold is an actual person. Logan dismisses Delores when she speaks of Arnold. The timelines, if I am interpreting them correctly, suggest that Logan would certainly know Arnold if he existed. It seems that Arnold is, in fact, a fabrication by Ford that is implanted within the android metaphysics. This would allow him to trick the androids when necessary, as he said he learned this from Bernard aka Arnold, and it would allow him to manipulate humans within the corporation by suggesting that some of the lack or control is not as a result of his actions but Arnold's actions. This buys him time and leeway when things go wrong.

I'm pretty sure Logan is the one who has said that the park's co-creator is dead, and that there are no pictures of him. I might be wrong about that though

I'm pretty sure Logan is the one who has said that the park's co-creator is dead, and that there are no pictures of him. I might be wrong about that though

Hmmm, maybe I am misremembering the scenes where William and Dolores were captured by Logan and Co. If what you are saying is true, then yeah all of them not remembering Arnold seems to be a stretch.

The same way we are sposed to believe that this chick is on the board of a multi trillion dollar amusement park corp

40bf254c5ea540ced60abfdd4d75b121.jpg

Back