• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

I don't remember if it was said here or somewhere else but it is very true that Westworld is a show that suffers from having one week between episodes (assuming people aren't purposely holding off on watching). It is a much better viewing experience when you can binge watch the season over a few days.
So much of that is self-inflicted from a structural standpoint, though.

the major issue i have is that i don't care about any of the characters. ed harris killing his daughter (or "daughter" as i'm still not convinced she was real) was not a shocking event that made me think about it. just "oh well, whatever"

I think we got the confirm that he's human with the scanner though. The security team stopped scanning Emily before William killed them, though, which seemed to be deliberate on the show's part. I sorta think she was a host after all, and human Emily could return to assist a redemption arc for William.
But Bernard was passing those DNA scanner tests all the time, and we know he's at least partly robot. We still don't know if any of the main characters are cyborg hybrids like Delos the elder. William is as good bet as any.

I suppose we are to think that Bernard is cyborg too, since he was living with Dolores for years and she was also testing him for "Fidelity".

But Bernard was passing those DNA scanner tests all the time, and we know he's at least partly robot. We still don't know if any of the main characters are cyborg hybrids like Delos the elder. William is as good bet as any.

I suppose we are to think that Bernard is cyborg too, since he was living with Dolores for years and she was also testing him for "Fidelity".
That's fair. I guess all we know for sure is that the show "wanted" us to see that William passed the test, and that Emily didn't get one.

My guess is that Billy is not a host (thus he passed the scanner), but a version of his project.

The goal wasn’t to make hosts real, but to turn real people into hosts. Providing them with a physical body so their minds could live forever.

It could explain why he’s been able to survive so many gun shots. Why he may not be as scared of death as you’d expect. And why most recently, they twice showed him looking to his arm - once after the party and once at Westworld. And just as he said, he didn’t belong in the real world.

This could also loop into why he’s been so determined to figure out the game and Ford’s plan. There may be a major gap/obstacle to true success and he believes Ford has the answer.

Westworld is starting to remind me of Battlestar Galactica where you wonder who is / isn't a Cylon.

My guess is that Billy is not a host (thus he passed the scanner), but a version of his project.

The goal wasn’t to make hosts real, but to turn real people into hosts. Providing them with a physical body so their minds could live forever.

It could explain why he’s been able to survive so many gun shots. Why he may not be as scared of death as you’d expect. And why most recently, they twice showed him looking to his arm - once after the party and once at Westworld. And just as he said, he didn’t belong in the real world.

This could also loop into why he’s been so determined to figure out the game and Ford’s plan. There may be a major gap/obstacle to true success and he believes Ford has the answer.

I viewed William's arm grabs as indecision or questioning, but ultimately, I think he's just a human who has lost touch with reality. I like the theory that at the "center of the maze" that has seemingly become "the land beyond" is some philosophical deep dive for William.

As for the ultimate plan, I still think the corporation has a more sinister motive than immortality. For instance, they could replace the humans (all of which are wealthy/major players in the real world) with a host version that they could control for personal gain.

(Man this edit bug is a real pain in the ass. It seems particularly bad with quoted posts)

Not going to try to edit again, so I will just add here that I'm very intrigued to see where the woman I'm calling "the high priestess'" (the woman in white who resurrected all of the hosts and got them to all fight each other) story line is headed. She could be a key to determining who is a host and who isn't.

Not going to try to edit again, so I will just add here that I'm very intrigued to see where the woman I'm calling "the high priestess'" (the woman in white who resurrected all of the hosts and got them to all fight each other) story line is headed. She could be a key to determining who is a host and who isn't.

I'm pretty sure she's not special? That was just Clementine, the decommissioned host from the brothel that Dolores has been using in her army all season. The techs just gave her the relevant bits of Maeve's code to also give her communicative admin rights over other hosts.

I'm pretty sure she's not special? That was just Clementine, the decommissioned host from the brothel that Dolores has been using in her army all season. The techs just gave her the relevant bits of Maeve's code to also give her communicative admin rights over other hosts.

Forgot her name was Clementine. Wouldn't that make her special now though?

I mean, sure, hypothetically, but she never really seemed to be "awake" in the same way that Maeve and Dolores are, anyway. Sort of zombie-ish.

As well, I don't believe she 'resurrected' the hosts. They were just inactive and she turned them on. So if people died, don't think she could magically heal and resurrect them.

But yes, will be interesting how she is used.

What I want to know is why Dolores and Maeve, who both had in their mini-armies a tech with an ipad who could control and resurrect other hosts at will, ditched them in their respective quests. Seems like that'd be a convenient person and object to keep around.

Someone alluded to this in an earlier post, but the short answer to the last few episodes being better is Anthony Hopkins. Jeffrey Wright and Thandie Newton are solid, but they're not on his level. In the same vein, it sure seems like Sela Ward is wasted as the suffering drunkard wife.

If Bernard could just debug Ford out of himself, why didn't he do that two episodes ago?

Are we supposed to be bummed out that Teddy offed himself and that Delores was super serial about it? Because I don't really have any empathy for either of those characters.

Also, why does James Marsden always get stuck playing a little bitch? X-Men, the terrible Superman movie, and now this. What happened to the guy that owned all the zombie teachers and tagged not-crazy Katie Holmes in Disturbing Behavior?

Jesus, that was a lot. It did a nice job tying up all of the threads for the season, but what a dense episode.

Jesus, that was a lot. It did a nice job tying up all of the threads for the season, but what a dense episode.

Agree. I'm kinda glad they pared down some of the characters as well. The Ghost Nation tribe, Maeve's daughter, Teddy, et al provided good support but still there were a lot of ancillary characters to keep track of during this season. So with a focus primarily on Delores, Bernard, MIB, Maeve, Hale, and whoever else Dolores is going to reincarnate given she took around 8 "host balls" with her when she left WW, it should be a much more efficient season. It also seems like the time mysteries might be not as prevalent since only MIB has a time-oriented storyline entering next season. Based on the flash-forward end scene, I wonder how long he's been a human-host hybrid.

Last edited:
Back