• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N.C. State Game Review / Syracuse Game Week Thread

Hinton is definitely a week away?

Hinton is definitely a week away?

Clawson: “He's hoping Carney will be back, but he's not expecting to have Hinton available until at least next week's trip to Florida State. He did mention that Carney might suffer a setback, and that Hinton might improve to the point that he could respond to an emergency.”

"Notre Dame-NC State start time remains unchanged; ACC, school officials monitoring weather conditions

Hurricane Matthew could end up making landfall in the Carolinas on Saturday morning"

"The Syracuse Orange are scheduled to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons on Saturday in Winston-Salem, NRaleighC. However, with Hurricane Matthew set to make it’s way north this week, there’s a decent chance the game will be affected and potentially postponed depending on how things shake out.

By the time Friday night and Saturday roll around, North Carolina should be feeling the full effect of the storm, which could include heavy rains, flooding, and gusty winds."

"For various reasons, no one should be risking their lives to watch Syracuse and Wake Forest play football. So if this holds, expect there to be some changes to the schedule.

For their part, Wake Forest officials don’t think they’ll have to cancel the game based on what they’re seeing.

"The models we've seen don't show the storm coming inland," Wake Forest associate athletic director for communication Steve Shutt said. "It's supposed to turn out to sea. We'll monitor it and, if the models change, we'll evaluate our options."

The storm could end up having a major effect on ACC football in general as Notre Dame plays NC State in Raleigh, Army plays Duke in Durham, and Virginia Tech takes on UNC in Chapel Hill. Not to mention that FSU and Miami will be playing in Miami, which could still be affected.

Obviously, there are much bigger things to worry about but if the game does get cancelled, it’ll be interesting to see what happens. The teams don’t have matching bye weeks so any make-up game would have to be played the first weekend of December.

I'm looking for a couple Hill tickets and a Senior Services parking pass for Saturday. Anyone with extras?

So we don't know if we have Carney, we don't know if we have Hinton, we don't know if we're playing...That clears everything up...:noidea:

Based on the forecasts I doubt our game is affected. I could see the Duke/UNC/State games possibly being affected.

The predicted storm track is still looking favorable for the Wake game and even for the 3 games in the Triangle.

matthewtrackWed11a-m--JPG.jpg

Meanwhile Cape Kennedy is taking a bullet straight to the head. Nasty.

How come nobody should be risking their lives to watch Syracuse and Wake, but no such similar sentiment for Carolina and VTech or NC State and Notre Dame? What gives?

How come nobody should be risking their lives to watch Syracuse and Wake, but no such similar sentiment for Carolina and VTech or NC State and Notre Dame? What gives?

The value of the members of respective fanbases.

Percent chance of rain for Saturday down to 20%, and that's likely for the morning. So I would guess it will be pretty cool and cloudy for tailgating and the game but hopefully staying dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our pass defense better be ready Henderson allegedly played a better game last week than Indiana. Hope that's a good sign.

Back