• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The VP Debate

When you are parsing the difference between Trump complimenting Putin as "stronger" vs "better", than you've lost. Game over.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Well, you've lost except in nearly every single poll that shows you've won, I guess.

Pence clearly won. Was it a knockout? Nope.

You're making it hard for me to believe that you understand the definition of "objectivity".

1. Donald Trump says or tweets something that is universally considered outrageous or offensive

2. I hear or see that.

4. Tim Kaine repeats something outrageous or offensive that Trump said or tweeted. Tim Kaine asks Mike Pence, "How can you defend that? Mike Pence doesn't defend it. He denies Trump said those things.

5. I watch debate and see that Mike Pence isn't defending Donald Trump, instead he's denying.

6. Post debate fact check shows that large majority of Tim Kaine's Trump quotes were accurate, making Pence's denials dishonest.

Stop me when I'm losing objectivity here.

I'm very familiar with the definition.

"You don't agree with me. Uh... uh... Trump supporter! Oh, no? Then... Uh... You're... you're... STUPID!"

yeah mdmh shouldn't be lecturing others about the definition of objectivity

"You don't agree with me. Uh... uh... Trump supporter! Oh, no? Then... Uh... You're... you're... STUPID!"
You seem to be one who leans right. Is that a fair assessment?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

FDR was the last, I believe

Adlai Stevenson changed running mates in 1952/1956....though he lost both elections, so it wasn't like a sitting VP got canned.

The Wallace/Truman story is fascinating. Has anyone seen the movie "The Final Countdown"? That wasn't what the movie was about, exactly, but it touched on the scenario surrounding FDR's health and the fact that the 1944 Democratic Convention looked at the VP selection as if it was picking the next president....which was a big reason why Wallace was dumped. Lots of internal Democratic politics going on at that convention.

ETA: For those who saw this movie....which I thought was a fascinating movie....what was the story behind the senator who was lost just before Pearl Harbor and was being considered as FDR's VP...who would have been the next president if selected? Was that just made up for the movie, or was there really such a person? (I realize that the situation in the movie wasn't real...but I don't know if it was based on a real person or not.)

Last edited:
If Pence is considered the winner based on his being calm and collected, that's fine. Vote for Pence 2020, but he didn't carry a drop of water for Trump last night, which is obviously the purpose of VP debates. Kaine's job was to scare up the Obama coalition, and he was eager for the job.

FDR was the last, I believe

Rockefeller was Ford's VP, but Ford ran with Bob Dole as his VP in 1976. Maybe Kaine will turn out like Biden, but think HRC will want to turn out more of the traditional Dem base (minorities and women) with a younger VP in 2020. Also be surprised if Nikki Haley isn't part of the 2020 GOP ticket.

Calls me subjective, won't expound, only responds to meaningless portion of post. I hope JHMD gives you an A for effort here. Let me know when you want to talk about Pence denying multiple truthful statements.

If Pence is considered the winner based on his being calm and collected, that's fine. Vote for Pence 2020, but he didn't carry a drop of water for Trump last night, which is obviously the purpose of VP debates. Kaine's job was to scare up the Obama coalition, and he was eager for the job.

The only thing Kaine succeeded in was to give Hillary some impeachment insurance. I can't imagine that twit as president. He made Hillary look good by comparison.

Maybe that was the plan. Hillary the mastermind playing 4 dimensional chess.

The only thing Kaine succeeded in was to give Hillary some impeachment insurance. I can't imagine that twit as president. He made Hillary look good by comparison.

Maybe that was the plan. Hillary the mastermind playing 4 dimensional chess.

True. This was Kaine's shot to be the nice guy and a short- or long-term presidential contender. Hillary turned him into an attack dog.

I'm a moderate. Like RJ.

Don't you know that we're all moderates in here?

shawshank-cool-1.jpg

Rockefeller was Ford's VP, but Ford ran with Bob Dole as his VP in 1976. Maybe Kaine will turn out like Biden, but think HRC will want to turn out more of the traditional Dem base (minorities and women) with a younger VP in 2020. Also be surprised if Nikki Haley isn't part of the 2020 GOP ticket.

Since I live in SC, I'd think this would be a slam dunk since Gowdy either wants to be Gov or a federal judge(I've heard judge). Only problem is Haley is out after 2018 and being from a small state may be out of limelight.

2 debates, 2 mods who are in the tank for Clinton

#didntwatch

Back