• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The VP Debate

72179707.jpg

From Twitter: Mike Pence is a fierce defender of your right to practice his faith.

Pence is even weirder than I thought. Like a cross between Quayle and Santorum. Strangely arrogant and condescending for such a lightweight. Odd that he told Kaine twice he looked forward to working with him in the Senate. Apparently Pence isn't aware of the scoreboard. Both Mitch Daniels and Evan Bayh are sharper and have significantly more gravitas. Get that Trump didn't have many choices, but Daniels, Kasich, Nikki Haley, and Rubio would have been much better picks had they been available. Smirked way too much and didn't appear to want to be there.

Kaine was way too aggressive early, but he knew his job was to be an attack dog. Never let up on Trump. Thought he killed Pence on balancing faith in a secular constitution republic. Kaine knows their winning demographic is suburban women, but Pence seems to think social conservatives are going to carry swing states. Not a good assumption.

Pence won on a split decision with no knockdowns. Something like...

Judge 1: Pence 115 - 113 Kaine
Judge 2: Pence 113 - 115 Kaine
Judge 3: Pence 126 - 111 Kaine

That said, it was clearly a first impression for #Pence2020!

There's a fair chance Kaine could get the Dem nomination in any of the next two or three cycles. If Trump wins, Pence will be running the country. I'm going to watch.

Gosh I hope not because he kinda sucked

That said, it was clearly a first impression for #Pence2020!

As I said on the Say Hey thread, this will be too little too late. This section of the American public is shrinking. It could do well in primaries but not in the general election.

I don't give a shit about any of that. I'm just looking at what happened tonight. Pence won 60/40 IMO

Kaine tried to be a bully and looked like an idiot doing so. Poor.

Pence was noncommittal to his Pres candidate which was a poor optic. Poor.

Both sucked but Kaine came off worse because he looked like a dick and couldn't reign himself in.

Didn't see it, but from everything I've read, sounds like Pence walloped him. Looking like another Trump/Pence win!

Didn't watch another debate?

So you just enjoy not informing yourself, BSF? The fuck dude?

The level of information gleaned from a debate is minimal- it's spectacle and largely a waste of time.

Yet you comment on them anyway because...... ?

You aren't even an honest hack. I'm sad for you, my friend. Just sad for you.

Meh, I disagree that Pence won. The VP debate is about selling your ticket, Kaine did his job while all Pence did was sell himself.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Yet you comment on them anyway because...... ?

You aren't even an honest hack. I'm sad for you, my friend. Just sad for you.

Because while I don't find them illuminating, many dimwits, like yourself my longtime friend dv7, are drawn to the spectacle- like an animal or child is drawn to a shiny thing. Now don't be upset that you just now realized your guy sucks and clearly lost. It's not the end of the world.

Meh, I disagree that Pence won. The VP debate is about selling your ticket, Kaine did his job while all Pence did was sell himself.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Agree to disagree. Kaine came across as a dick bag. Pence came across as calm.

Guess which one helped their ticket?

Because while I don't find them illuminating, many dimwits, like yourself my longtime friend dv7, are drawn to the spectacle- like an animal or child is drawn to a shiny thing. Now don't be upset that you just now realized your guy sucks and clearly lost. It's not the end of the world.

My guy isn't Tim Kaine. Your desperate attempt to bait me fell short. Please try again.

Agree to disagree. Kaine came across as a dick bag. Pence came across as calm.

Guess which one helped their ticket?

It's nice to see a shill who can acknowledge the obvious. MDMH on the other hand...ooooof. Hopeless!

Back