• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The VP Debate

It's nice to see a shill who can acknowledge the obvious. MDMH on the other hand...ooooof. Hopeless!
Pence isn't running for president therefore he did a bad job. Kaine crushed him in multiple issues, asked Pence multiple questions that left him stammering.

"Trump said he wants to punish women that have abortions, is that not true?"
- "He's not a polished speaker or politician like you."

"Trump said John McCain isn't a hero POW because he got caught, how can you defend that?"
- "umm, uh..."

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

All that people will remember about Pence is "whip out your Mexican thing"

Pence isn't running for president therefore he did a bad job. Kaine crushed him in multiple issues, asked Pence multiple questions that left him stammering.

"Trump said he wants to punish women that have abortions, is that not true?"
- "He's not a polished speaker or politician like you."

"Trump said John McCain isn't a hero POW because he got caught, how can you defend that?"
- "umm, uh..."

Perhaps if people viewed debates from a strictly fact-based perspective Kaine won. But it's about the show.

Except that those weren't obscure wonky policy facts, they were tweets and well known Trump quotes. Everyone that watched saw Trump's own Veep refuse to back up his mouth.

But if you think Pence won the debate by being interrupted a lot, there's no way for me to refute that, but Kaine won in every measure but composure

Except that those weren't obscure wonky policy facts, they were tweets and well known Trump quotes. Everyone that watched saw Trump's own Veep refuse to back up his mouth.

The optics create a big hurdle for Kaine. Pence looks and sounds presidential and Kaine looks a bit odd and seems over eager. My guess is much of the home viewing audience couldn't get past that.

Sunday is the debate that matters. If Trump turns in another pitiful performance, it could be all over for him.

David Gergen had a good take. Kaine was over prepared. You could see it from the first question. He felt he had to attack and get all his points in.

Pence won. But did he win the war...within his own ticket?

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/5/13170838/pence-trump-unhappy

Reports suggest Donald Trump is unhappy at Mike Pence for winning the VP debate
How will Donald Trump react to Mike Pence upstaging him?

Pence won. Trump appears to have made a better choice of VP than Hillary. And this was no accident. The poor choice of a running mate is just another in a long list of poor decisions by Hillary. Once again, the mighty Hilldawg has struck out.

This wasn't close. Pence was the clear winner. Kaine was embarrassing. Was trying to make points like RJ does.

Too bad for Trump/Pence the ticket is not reversed.

Of the 4 people involved in the debates so far, Pence looked far more presidential than the others.

Don't think this moves the needle much, but no one will feel great if Hillary cannot finish her term. She should have picked a more substantial VP.

LOL. Pence did a good job by throwing Trump under the bus. Kaine defended the top of the ticket and their policies. Pence pretty much went out on his own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One would have hoped that the presidential debates would have had the same tone and level of substance as the VP debate did.

Suffice to say, a nice reminder of how much I hate the two ticket toppers.

How can you have a substantive debate with Donald Trump in it? He doesn't know anything.

How can you have a substantive debate with Donald Trump in it? He doesn't know anything.

I would have preferred Hilary to present her policies and positions instead of spending the entire debate trying to provoke Trump. But that's just me.

Pence won. Trump appears to have made a better choice of VP than Hillary. And this was no accident. The poor choice of a running mate is just another in a long list of poor decisions by Hillary. Once again, the mighty Hilldawg has struck out.
Well this hot take is just silly.

The conservative OWGs like the authoritarian conservative OWG.

Kaine missed an opening when Pence tried defending stop and frisk. We have an issue with arbitrary police overreach in minority areas, so lets institute a policy that exasperates arbitrary police overreach.

Didn't watch another debate?

So you just enjoy not informing yourself, BSF? The fuck dude?

I mean he's clearly kidding (I think?). Because saying "another" Trump/Pence win would imply that Trump won the first debate, which we all know he didn't

Back