• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The VP Debate

A huge majority of Trump's campaign is Us vs. Them. Mexicans and Muslims are at the top of the list. To say Trump hasn't spewed hate towards Mexicans from the second he got the escalator is to ignore the campaign. As recently as Tuesday, Trump was having "Build the wall" chants. "Build the wall" is 100% about being anti-Mexican/Hispanic.

It's not an exaggeration. It's a core reason why Trump is the nominee.

RJ, I know you hate Trump. I get it. Kaine's entire strategy last night was to come out swinging against Trump using, in large part, hyperbole. It's one of the main reasons Mike fucking Pence "won" the debate.

In the end, by this time tomorrow, no one will be talking about the VP debate or the VP candidates.

In 2020, Hillary is licking her chops about running against Pence. His positions on gays be considered even crazier and far less acceptable then than they are now. The nation's religiosity will also have waned more. Pence's position that cigarettes don't lead to cancer will be used to say he's anti-science. This will be buttressed by his denial of climate change.

Hillary's biggest worry in 2020 is that a more modern GOP candidate will emerge.

RJ, I know you hate Trump. I get it. Kaine's entire strategy last night was to come out swinging against Trump using, in large part, hyperbole. It's one of the main reasons Mike fucking Pence "won" the debate.

But the issue you brought up is inaccurate. Trump has made Mexicans enemies to America. That's different than saying Kaine's interruptions were overdone and counterproductive.

Problem was that he almost every time distorted what Trump said and this allowed Pence to dodge.

Would have been much more effective sticking to accurate Trump quotes.

It's like a tunnels discussion.
This is not true. He distorted a few things (Pence being cheerleader for privatized Social Security, Trump didn't say all Mexican immigrants are rapists) but the majority of his attacks are backed up with quotes from Trump.

That's a pretty good mashup, I feel like Trump and Pence actually think they are living in the great American 50s and not 2016 where everything is recorded on video and easily searchable.

He misquoted Pence's statement on Putin as well. Pence said that it's inarguable that Putin is a stronger leader than Obama, not a better leader. Although as was pointed out on NPR this morning, that's really just parsing since the underlying intent was clear.

That's a pretty good mashup, I feel like Trump and Pence actually think they are living in the great American 50s and not 2016 where everything is recorded on video and easily searchable.

Another great moment from last night was Pence sneaking in the following as Kaine was finishing up another "insult": "this isn't the old days where you can just say stuff and people believe it."

I about fell out of my chair when he said that. Literally went back and rewatched it a couple times to make sure I didn't mishear him.

Pence's own running mate is running on a campaign where he denies to the death that he said things and plenty of the electorate do in fact believe him.

Also thought it was funny that the first couple of times Kaine ended some criticisms with "I just can't believe the governor will stand up here and defend Trump's record on (so and so)," where Pence started to respond "Oh I'll defend..." and then trailed off. Pretty sure he was going to say I'll defend anything but then knew that it would be a disastrous quote so he thought better of it.

He misquoted Pence's statement on Putin as well. Pence said that it's inarguable that Putin is a stronger leader than Obama, not a better leader. Although as was pointed out on NPR this morning, that's really just parsing since the underlying intent was clear.

Until Trump and Pence, it would have been unthinkable to say any Russian/Soviet leader is better in any way than a POTUS. For Trump and Pence to laud an absolute dictator who is systematically looting his nation is mind-boggling.

Last edited:
2 debates, 2 mods who are in the tank for Clinton
This is not true. He distorted a few things (Pence being cheerleader for privatized Social Security, Trump didn't say all Mexican immigrants are rapists) but the majority of his attacks are backed up with quotes from Trump.

Jesus... You're like the far left's version of a 65 year old Fox News disciple. You buy into the shit hook, line, and sinker. There is legitimately no objectivity.

Not going to pass comment on the bulk of your statement DG3, but I do think MDMH is right that while there were some distortions here and there that the bulk of Kaine's attacks were quotes. Pence knew it too, there were a couple moments where Kaine said a couple things that were quotes (and ridiculous) and both he and Pence shared a knowing smile and both were trying not to laugh about how absurd it was that they were both up there having to talk about it.

You can quote someone and still mislead the public. For example, a quote might not tell the entire story, could be taken out of context, might not fully represent how the person feels, the person might have misspoke, etc.

You can quote someone and still mislead the public. For example, a quote might not tell the entire story, could be taken out of context, might not fully represent how the person feels, the person might have misspoke, etc.

A Trump supporter certainly knows this better than anyone...

Always cracks me up that social conservative pols like Pence, Bachmann, and Palin base their archaic social policies on their Christian faith and frequently still get caught in blatent lies. YouTube's been around for more than a decade.

No. They were distortions of Trumps statements and that is why he lost.

Back