• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The VP Debate

Pence was in a pretty tough position. Whether he defended Trump's comments, criticized them, or denied them, his statements could be cut into an effective ad.

The VP debate is about as important as the old consolation game at the Final Four used to be.

The VP debate is about as important as the old consolation game at the Final Four used to be.

You can really only lose your candidate votes in a VP debate. See Sarah Palin vs. Joe Biden.

Jesus... You're like the far left's version of a 65 year old Fox News disciple. You buy into the shit hook, line, and sinker. There is legitimately no objectivity.
I don't know what the fuck you are getting at because the truth is in the quotes, there is no room for objectivity there. You've really lost the plot when you can't even handle your candidates quotes thrown back at you. According to Pence and his preparation, repeating Trump is the same as insulting Trump.

Overrehearsed

Hillary's off the campaign trail between now and Sunday. The Obamas, Biden, Bubba, and Warren are better advocates for Hillary any way, so net positive unless she comes in too scripted. She's knows it's over if Trump melts down again, but she can't force the issue or bait Trump too much in a town hall format.

Obama had to cancel his campaign trip to Miami because of the hurricane. Thanks, Obama.

you people need better hobbies if you have nothing better to do than watch and agrue about the VP debate

I don't know what the fuck you are getting at because the truth is in the quotes, there is no room for objectivity there. You've really lost the plot when you can't even handle your candidates quotes thrown back at you. According to Pence and his preparation, repeating Trump is the same as insulting Trump.

You almost never get the whole picture from a quote and you know it.

Hillary's off the campaign trail between now and Sunday. The Obamas, Biden, Bubba, and Warren are better advocates for Hillary any way, so net positive unless she comes in too scripted. She's knows it's over if Trump melts down again, but she can't force the issue or bait Trump too much in a town hall format.

Obama had to cancel his campaign trip to Miami because of the hurricane. Thanks, Obama.

She can bait him on every answer she gives. All she has to do is pivot. I'd have her trying it every other question. Trump may be able to not take the bait once or even twice, but if she keeps doing it, he will lose it. In fact, if he avoids it a couple of times and finally gives in, it could be worse than taking the first one.

Haha Trump isn't my candidate. Fuck outta here with that. I'm just commenting on your complete lack of objectivity.

You can really only lose your candidate votes in a VP debate. See Sarah Palin vs. Joe Biden.

The best part of that debate was at the beginning she asked if she could call him Joe and then about halfway through she breaks out the, "You know, Joe...".

Haha Trump isn't my candidate. Fuck outta here with that. I'm just commenting on your complete lack of objectivity.
You're making it hard for me to believe that you understand the definition of "objectivity".

1. Donald Trump says or tweets something that is universally considered outrageous or offensive

2. I hear or see that.

4. Tim Kaine repeats something outrageous or offensive that Trump said or tweeted. Tim Kaine asks Mike Pence, "How can you defend that? Mike Pence doesn't defend it. He denies Trump said those things.

5. I watch debate and see that Mike Pence isn't defending Donald Trump, instead he's denying.

6. Post debate fact check shows that large majority of Tim Kaine's Trump quotes were accurate, making Pence's denials dishonest.

Stop me when I'm losing objectivity here.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

When you are parsing the difference between Trump complimenting Putin as "stronger" vs "better", than you've lost. Game over.

I'd be waiting for Obama to speak right now if not for the hurricane.

If that is the case, it is because it was just the under card.

Hillary won her debate with Trump and it changed her chances of victory significantly. Pence won this debate even more convincingly but it may not really matter.

The strongest point this makes for Trump is that he selected a good VP and he is a delegator. Trump needs to convince people that he will hire better people than himself to do the job and that he is just the "big picture" guy. This plays into that narrative.

Hillary is much more hands on and Kaine so it only hurts her if people are worried about Kaine as president.

This an interesting perspective. I would think most of Trump's supporters see him as much more of a "decider", whose direct management approach will dominate his Presidency.

Also, the selection of Pence doesn't attract moderates, given his ultra-conservative policies, etc.

When you are parsing the difference between Trump complimenting Putin as "stronger" vs "better", than you've lost. Game over.

There is a massive difference between leadership and policy though. You can think someone is a strong leader but think their policies are bad.

For example, Hitler was a very effective leader and also an absolutely horrible person.

I agree there's a distinction between being a "better" leader and a "stronger" leader, but if point of the comment was to say Obama has been a weak leader and the flipside of that is the example of Putin - where Obama's lack of leadership is a negative - isn't it implicit that Putin's leadership is a positive? Doesn't make much sense to then caveat that statement by following up, as Pence did, by saying that this doesn't mean Trump supports the political structure of which Putin is a part. The political structure is the major reason why Putin is able to be such a strong leader.

i think putin is probably way strong than obummer; putin can probably bench more than DG3, even

Back