Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 933

Thread: Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I reject you statistics, and the phony numbers in the ranting and raving "article" that you just posted. Scientific peer reviewed research and data analysis please.

    All of these problems could be solved if people kept their cats indoors. We don't let dogs roam the neighborhood, we don't let our pet snakes out for a few hours to quell their boredom; why do cats have rights that other pets do not? Keep them inside and you, they, and the birds won't have any problems.
    Even though most of the public is unaware, there is no shortage of ghastly stories about cat-hating bird lovers.
    A postdoctoral researcher at the Smithsonian's Migratory Bird Center at the National Zoo was found guilty Monday of attempting to poison cats in her northwest Washington neighborhood. Security cameras had caught Nico Dauphine, 38, standing over a bowl of cat food outside an apartment complex last March. She denied the charges and claimed she was just removing food to keep strays away. Prosecutors argued that she had taken rat poison out of a bag in her purse and was putting it on the food.
    http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla...ison-cats.html

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by qcdeac View Post
    Maybe the bird was trying to be your wingman by giving you a reason to move the date to your shower.
    OH SHIT. Bird and​ wingman. You're the best. Posrep incoming.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    Even though most of the public is unaware, there is no shortage of ghastly stories about cat-hating bird lovers.

    http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla...ison-cats.html
    Here is a little more data on the negative effects of cats on wildlife and why we should keep our cats indoors:

    http://cyclebuttcrack.com/wp-content.../06/finger.jpg

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Here is a little more data on the negative effects of cats on wildlife and why we should keep our cats indoors:

    http://cyclebuttcrack.com/wp-content.../06/finger.jpg
    Not clicking on it based on the link title- sounds like it could be upsetting.

  5. #225

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    Not clicking on it based on the link title- sounds like it could be upsetting.
    If you don't read my links how can we have a reasoned well informed conversation.

  7. #227
    Hi Mr. birdman. What type of bird is in your avatar? I tried to use Google's reverse image search and it told me it was a "bird". No duh, Google.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    If you don't read my links how can we have a reasoned well informed conversation.
    Okay, that's a fair point. I'll click.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    Hi Mr. birdman. What type of bird is in your avatar? I tried to use Google's reverse image search and it told me it was a "bird". No duh, Google.
    Oystercatcher- his favorite.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    Hi Mr. birdman. What type of bird is in your avatar? I tried to use Google's reverse image search and it told me it was a "bird". No duh, Google.
    American Oystercatcher

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    Hi Mr. birdman. What type of bird is in your avatar? I tried to use Google's reverse image search and it told me it was a "bird". No duh, Google.
    It's an American Oystercather, objectively the best birds out there.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    Forcing them to remain indoors. What poses a greater threat to all other species- loss of habitation and environmental degradation due to human overpopulation or cats? Maybe we need to start talking about the impact humans are having.

  13. #233
    When birders get together, just amongst themselves, the cat hatred pours out of them. I went on a bird watch at Rocky Mountain National Park and was appalled. Also, I suspect there is a very high rate of autism among birders- spend some time with them and they all obsess over their "checklists". That explains the lack of empathy. But they try and keep it on the dl cause they know the public, which tends to love cats, would turn against them if they knew the truth.

  14. #234
    Birdman do you eat any fowl? If so are you super into how it is sourced?

  15. #235
    I'm sorry for telling secrets out of school birdman, but I feel the public deserves to know the truth about the dark underbelly of birding.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    When birders get together, just amongst themselves, the cat hatred pours out of them. I went on a bird watch at Rocky Mountain National Park and was appalled. Also, I suspect there is a very high rate of autism among birders- spend some time with them and they all obsess over their "checklists". That explains the lack of empathy. But they try and keep it on the dl cause they know the public, which tends to love cats, would turn against them if they knew the truth.
    We all know you've never left the county.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    When birders get together, just amongst themselves, the cat hatred pours out of them. I went on a bird watch at Rocky Mountain National Park and was appalled. Also, I suspect there is a very high rate of autism among birders- spend some time with them and they all obsess over their "checklists". That explains the lack of empathy. But they try and keep it on the dl cause they know the public, which tends to love cats, would turn against them if they knew the truth.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    I'm sorry for telling secrets out of school birdman, but I feel the public deserves to know the truth about the dark underbelly of birding.
    Many birders also have mysterious and suspicious holes in their toungues.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    Birdman do you eat any fowl? If so are you super into how it is sourced?
    I'm a vegetarian (except shellfish) but I do eat eggs and I am fairly into where they are sourced and how they are produced. Mostly I eat the eggs that my own pet chickens lay, but currently those old lazy hens are on a break so it's super expensive free range organic eggs from Publix.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'm a vegetarian (except shellfish) but I do eat eggs and I am fairly into where they are sourced and how they are produced. Mostly I eat the eggs that my own pet chickens lay, but currently those old lazy hens are on a break so it's super expensive free range organic eggs from Publix.
    birdman has pet chickens! Now that is awesome. You won't eat them will you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •